HSBC Canada

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

mostly about sales. so be prepared for all the sales-related interview questions.Describe yourself as a result-driven person. Failures may happen sometimes but the most important thing is determination. When you set your goal, you try everything possible to reach it. Make sure to emphasize that you are different from other people in the mindset. And describe how much you like about doing sales - it's self-rewarding, and recognizable. There is nothing else that can be compared to the feeling of helping clients meet their needs by choosing the right products for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you cannot meet your sales target.   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

I had on in person interview with HR and the CTO who was hiring at that time for this postion. They asked me all the standard questions and I gave them all my answers. This was 10 years ago so the interview process was quite different from what it is right now. Two days later I got a phone call from HR saying that they are going to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up a facility from scratch. Whats the first thing you would do...   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

I have received an email ask that if im interested on personal banker position in HSBC. If so pleas send them my resume. Few days later they reminds me again so i send my resume via email. On the next day a lady contact me and she gonna arrange a phone interview afternoon. On the next day i got the phone call from the bank and they would lime to arrange the face to face interview on the next day.

Interview Questions
    • the interview is sth about why u choose HSBC and if you cannot reach your target what will u do. Other questions is about that what u want bank do for u.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

interviewed at HSBC Canada in September 2014.

I got a 30mins telephone interview by 2 days after submitting online application. And had in-person interview at branch after 1 week waiting. Interview by one manager and one assistant manager , questions are basic, such as introduce urself, why you choose hsbc and how would you perform your skills at work.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC Canada in August 2014.

I applied online and received a email on the next day. I have passed the phone interview and they arrange the face to face interview in the same week. but too bad... they didn't make the offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

face to face interview
    no hard question,
    past experience
    tell us about a problem you encoutered while working with a group & how you resolve it
    what is great customer seervice
    how to handle compalin
    how to accomplish a tough tasks

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview process took about 3 weeks total. Applied at the end of March and received a call in early April for a phone interview. First round was a 1 on 1 phone interview that consisted of all behavioural questions. After phone interview there was a group interview and another 2 on 1 interview. No technical questions were asked only "fit" type questions and behavioural.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you completed and walk me through the process you followed to complete it   Answer Question

RBWM Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

It was a very fast process. Through every step you would get a bit of feedback and the recruiter would explain what would be the next steps.
    1. Online application/University career centre
    2. Phone interview: common interview to talk about your previous experiences, why you want to work there, etc.
    3. Group interview: very different interview experience. Never talked about the bank or your experience.
    4. In-person interview with the division of your interest: focused on the position and your skills relevant for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview was very unexpected in general. It seems that they try to test your presentation/improvisation skills and the ability to work with others. You had to talk about a random topic (e.g. Tim Hortons) for a minute. Then you had to prepare a pitch in a team of 3 (dragon den type pitch).   Answer Question
    The deadline was very tight. Not much space to negotiate

Global Markets - Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Canada in April 2014.

Applied online:

First round: phone interview - basic behavioral questions
    Second round (Group interview) -
    1. go around the table and introduce yourself
    2. write 2 paragraphs about "Why HSBC, and what value can you bring to the company"
    3. 60 second individual presentation of an economic topic (janet yellen, us dollar, cn dollar, eurozone etc. - pick out of a hat)
    4. sales pitch of a product in groups (retail store product)

Interview Questions
    • Sales pitch, has to be well structured and work with 3 other people in short amount of time   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada in April 2014.

1st Interview - On the phone. Asked questions about your experience and why you want the position etc.
    2nd Interview - Group. Written behavioural questions, presentations on how well you think on your feet (random topics), a dragon's den type pitch at the end on a random product they give you.
    3rd Interview - Why you want to work for the department. Technical questions & judging for good fit on their team.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a word from an envelope. You have 1 minute to prepare for a 1 minute presentation on the topic   Answer Question