HSBC Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Apply online, the process took about a week, then got an email from HR to schedule a phone interview, and then another week later got a call from branch manager to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • common behavior questions, what you know about the company, what do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Canada in March 2015.

I applied the job through linked in. Then received a email to advise me to apply that job on HSBC website. Then we arranged a phone interview next week. the phone interview is for 1 hour. basically, go through the resume, tell me about what do you do now, why are you interested in this job and behavior questions. After that, they will notify you if you can go to one on one interview next round.

Interview Questions
    • tell me one time you do presentation to the client.   Answer Question
    • if you are the successful candidate, what do you expect to achieve in the first three month.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Canada.

I applied online through their career site then the first step was the phone interview.Focus on preparing stories to answer the "tell a time when..." behavioral questions. Lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a question related to analytical skills to which I had no prepared response and had to think on my feet.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

mostly about sales. so be prepared for all the sales-related interview questions.Describe yourself as a result-driven person. Failures may happen sometimes but the most important thing is determination. When you set your goal, you try everything possible to reach it. Make sure to emphasize that you are different from other people in the mindset. And describe how much you like about doing sales - it's self-rewarding, and recognizable. There is nothing else that can be compared to the feeling of helping clients meet their needs by choosing the right products for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you cannot meet your sales target.   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

I had on in person interview with HR and the CTO who was hiring at that time for this postion. They asked me all the standard questions and I gave them all my answers. This was 10 years ago so the interview process was quite different from what it is right now. Two days later I got a phone call from HR saying that they are going to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up a facility from scratch. Whats the first thing you would do...   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

I have received an email ask that if im interested on personal banker position in HSBC. If so pleas send them my resume. Few days later they reminds me again so i send my resume via email. On the next day a lady contact me and she gonna arrange a phone interview afternoon. On the next day i got the phone call from the bank and they would lime to arrange the face to face interview on the next day.

Interview Questions
    • the interview is sth about why u choose HSBC and if you cannot reach your target what will u do. Other questions is about that what u want bank do for u.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

interviewed at HSBC Canada in September 2014.

I got a 30mins telephone interview by 2 days after submitting online application. And had in-person interview at branch after 1 week waiting. Interview by one manager and one assistant manager , questions are basic, such as introduce urself, why you choose hsbc and how would you perform your skills at work.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC Canada in August 2014.

I applied online and received a email on the next day. I have passed the phone interview and they arrange the face to face interview in the same week. but too bad... they didn't make the offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

face to face interview
    no hard question,
    past experience
    tell us about a problem you encoutered while working with a group & how you resolve it
    what is great customer seervice
    how to handle compalin
    how to accomplish a tough tasks

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview process took about 3 weeks total. Applied at the end of March and received a call in early April for a phone interview. First round was a 1 on 1 phone interview that consisted of all behavioural questions. After phone interview there was a group interview and another 2 on 1 interview. No technical questions were asked only "fit" type questions and behavioural.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you completed and walk me through the process you followed to complete it   Answer Question