HSBC Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks total. Applied at the end of March and received a call in early April for a phone interview. First round was a 1 on 1 phone interview that consisted of all behavioural questions. After phone interview there was a group interview and another 2 on 1 interview. No technical questions were asked only "fit" type questions and behavioural.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you completed and walk me through the process you followed to complete it   Answer Question

RBWM Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a very fast process. Through every step you would get a bit of feedback and the recruiter would explain what would be the next steps.
    1. Online application/University career centre
    2. Phone interview: common interview to talk about your previous experiences, why you want to work there, etc.
    3. Group interview: very different interview experience. Never talked about the bank or your experience.
    4. In-person interview with the division of your interest: focused on the position and your skills relevant for the position.

Interview Questions

• The group interview was very unexpected in general. It seems that they try to test your presentation/improvisation skills and the ability to work with others. You had to talk about a random topic (e.g. Tim Hortons) for a minute. Then you had to prepare a pitch in a team of 3 (dragon den type pitch).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The deadline was very tight. Not much space to negotiate

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada in April 2014.

Interview

1st Interview - On the phone. Asked questions about your experience and why you want the position etc.
    2nd Interview - Group. Written behavioural questions, presentations on how well you think on your feet (random topics), a dragon's den type pitch at the end on a random product they give you.
    3rd Interview - Why you want to work for the department. Technical questions & judging for good fit on their team.

Interview Questions

• Draw a word from an envelope. You have 1 minute to prepare for a 1 minute presentation on the topic   Answer Question

Global Markets - Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online:

First round: phone interview - basic behavioral questions
    Second round (Group interview) -
    1. go around the table and introduce yourself
    2. write 2 paragraphs about "Why HSBC, and what value can you bring to the company"
    3. 60 second individual presentation of an economic topic (janet yellen, us dollar, cn dollar, eurozone etc. - pick out of a hat)
    4. sales pitch of a product in groups (retail store product)

Interview Questions

• Sales pitch, has to be well structured and work with 3 other people in short amount of time   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

group interview

Interview Questions

• they asked us to pitch them a product; also did tabletop questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview

Phone interview

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Canada in February 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks from the time of applying online and getting a call back.
    It was a phone interview.

Premium Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview

Applied online. HR email for telephone interview. Normal basic behavioural questions. Second interview at branch with branch manger and manager of personal banking. More of a fit interview. Emailed branch manager afterwards thanking him for interview and was emailed offer that day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Easy questions on what my experiences matched those of the job requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little higher approx 5% and was accepted.

Commercial Banking Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, online assessment, onsite panel interview. The whole process was straight forward but the response time from the company was quite long. It took them a month to get back to me regarding the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual, behavioural questions are all straight out from the books. They are looking for a good fit for the company, so just be your polished self.   Answer Question

HSBC Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview

HR e-mailed me and wants to set up a time for phone interview. Then went to branch for interview with branch managers. But the HR spelled my name wrong so it took around a month to get me start working.

Interview Questions

• Questions are straight forward, most of the questions are expected.   Answer Question