HSBC Canada

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

group interview

Interview Questions
    • they asked us to pitch them a product; also did tabletop questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Phone interview

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Canada in February 2014.

It took about 3 weeks from the time of applying online and getting a call back.
    It was a phone interview.

Premium Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

Applied online. HR email for telephone interview. Normal basic behavioural questions. Second interview at branch with branch manger and manager of personal banking. More of a fit interview. Emailed branch manager afterwards thanking him for interview and was emailed offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Easy questions on what my experiences matched those of the job requirements.   Answer Question
    I asked for a little higher approx 5% and was accepted.

Commercial Banking Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Canada in January 2014.

Phone interview, online assessment, onsite panel interview. The whole process was straight forward but the response time from the company was quite long. It took them a month to get back to me regarding the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, behavioural questions are all straight out from the books. They are looking for a good fit for the company, so just be your polished self.   Answer Question

HSBC Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

HR e-mailed me and wants to set up a time for phone interview. Then went to branch for interview with branch managers. But the HR spelled my name wrong so it took around a month to get me start working.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are straight forward, most of the questions are expected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Canada.

First received a call (initial phone interview). Purpose of the call is for the interviewer to access language ability and phone skills (since this was for a call center job). Then, a 1-1 interview was scheduled with the manager. Since this is an entry level job, they weren't too concerned about prior or technical knowledge. Their focus is on personality, whether you have common sense and attitude towards work.

Interview Questions
    Because this was an entry level job, there wasn't much negotiation as I lack that experience. However, the manager was attentive and was able to answer all the questions that I had.

Customer Service Representative Interview

apply online and get a call from HSBC HR to ask me for phone interview tmr. The phone interview was 30min long, and they ask you a lot of questions about ur resume and past experience. Also, they ask you a lot behavioral questions. How do u deal with certain situations.

Personal Banker Interview

Very short interview, felt more like a meet and greet.

Interview Questions
    • Just told me to introduce myself, and asked if I had any questions..   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Canada in November 2013.

Applied through HSBC company website, and got a call to interview at the branch. The interview questions: Tell me about yourself, What do you know about HSBC, then the rest of the questions are based on the past experiences on the resume. At the end, there is a role play.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are quite standard, just make sure to know about company well.   Answer Question