HSBC Canada Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014
61 interviews

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Behavioral

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in September 2012.

I applied online and got a phone interview 2 days after. They were all basic questions on your pass experiences and the reason of why you applied the position. 2 weeks later, I got a phone call from thr branch manager and asked for a face-to-face interview. All questions were similiar to phone interview.

Premier Relationship Manager Interview

actually just got asked to interview I am hoping to do research here but they need me to do a review of the process before they will let me in, so i will be back after the interview to fill this in better.

Release Management Intern Interview

All the questions were asking about previous projects and completely behavioural/non-technical

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you received contradicting instructions from 2 managers   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager (Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in September 2011.

I applied this position online and did some prescreen questions online. It included math and English Tests. I received a email said I got an phone interview opportunity pretty soon. It was a basic behavior-based interview with a junior HR recruiter. The questions were common.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in March 2012.

First round: phone interview: behavior questions
    Second round: group interview: doing group presentations
    third round with department managers: technical

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that is out of your resume   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Submit application on company website after creating an online profile. After initial HR screening, HR will contact via phone and make appointment for phone interview. Afterwards, review of the interview will be passed on, along with resume and cover letter to managers in need of hiring. If manager makes a match, will receive phone call for in-person interview.

Business Analyst Interview

One interview with two interviewers. ~45 mins. Typical interview questions + specific questions on your familiarity with requirements gathering process

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC Canada.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview which was held about 2-3 weeks after submitting my application. I was given about a week's notice for the interview. The interview was a pretty standard behavioural based interview. I was asked a lot of questions about previous job positions, time and stress management and how you have dealt with each situation. I thought the interview process was quite typical and it went alright. However, the interviewer didn't sound very engaging and she had quite a rude tone, especially when I was asking her questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a very difficult customer. How did you deal with it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Canada in August 2008.

My resume was submitted by a friend who worked at the firm. A week later a phone interview was arranged and a few days later was invited to a panel interview. They asked a variety of open ended questions and asked how each one what actions one would take. People were very friendly. A verbal language interview was then conducted individually. Afterwards, we were informed that a decision would be made in the next week or two. Approximately 2 days later I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • In a case where you were dealing with a very irrate customer, how would you deal with the situation and why.   Answer Question