HSBC Canada

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – applied on HSBC website, process took about 1 week and received call form HSBC HR. phone interview after 4 days since the first call. took them about 1 week to set up in person interview. interviewed at HSBC Canada. The hiring manager was not so friendly but the questions are not hard.

Interview Question – no unexpected question. past experience, why HSBC, what do you see in your career path..etc   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in September 2013.

Interview Details – asking question about the target and work experience simple and straight forward

Personal Banker
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through HSBC company website, and got a call to interview at the branch. The interview questions: Tell me about yourself, What do you know about HSBC, then the rest of the questions are based on the past experiences on the resume. At the end, there is a role play.

Interview Question – All questions are quite standard, just make sure to know about company well.   Answer Question

Interviewed at HSBC Canada

Interview Details – Very short interview, felt more like a meet and greet.

Interview Question – Just told me to introduce myself, and asked if I had any questions..   Answer Question

Interviewed at HSBC Canada

Interview Details – Firstly HR called for 10 mins phone interview. Then HR sent the profile to the Branch. 2 weeks later, the Branch Manager called for face to face interview. Pretty straight forward questions.

Interview Question – How would you deal with client complaints?   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview around 15 minutes with HR, 2 face to face interviews, 1 with the hiring manager and another one with the branch manager

Interview Question – basically asking if i am comfortable with sales target, high volume of customers since the location is busy most of the time, and how do i feel working with upset clients (if any)   View Answer

Personal Banker
Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in July 2013.

Interview Details – Firstly received a phone interview generally asking about your status and behavior questions. Then went to a branch for face to face interview. The recruiters are the assistant branch manager and operation specialist. They asked me about my customer services experiences and also tested my language qualification. However, the HR efficiency is not very high and I waited for almost 1 month for the recruiting process.

Interview Question – How does your boss motivate the employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview Details – Pretty easy, had a quick 10 min phone interview and then called in to a branch for an interview with the branch manager. Asked questions mainly about past customer service experience

Interview Question – nothing really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate

Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview Details – straightforward with phone interview and then 1on1

Interview Question – Role playing   Answer Question

Personal Banker
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview Details – Behavioral

Interview Question – Something out of the ordinary in your last job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Canada

Worked for HSBC Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Canada Personal Banker interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Canada employees and interview candidates.