HSBC Canada

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Canada in May 2013.

Interview Details – one phone interview and one 2 on 1 interview, last about 30 minutes,basic questions such as why you,why this position,career path,any COI that can refer business

Interview Question – give details about how you are bring new business to HSBC   Answer Question

Premium Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada.

Interview Details – Applied online. HR email for telephone interview. Normal basic behavioural questions. Second interview at branch with branch manger and manager of personal banking. More of a fit interview. Emailed branch manager afterwards thanking him for interview and was emailed offer that day.

Interview Question – Nothing. Easy questions on what my experiences matched those of the job requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little higher approx 5% and was accepted.

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HSBC Canada in June 2013.

Interview Details – send email and then arrange interview date

Interview Question – What is the economics of the whole market or in Canada?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at HSBC Canada in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview+1 face to face interview

Interview Question – How many high net worth clients in your current network?   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Canada in December 2011.

Interview Details – HSBC Interview/Assessment Process
[Edit]
The interview process for HSBC is as follows:

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
Interviews
Assessment Day (including case study)
Online Application
[Edit] The HSBC online application will ask you to provide basic personal information such as: Name, Address, Contact Telephone Number and University Qualification. You will also be asked to upload your CV. Make sure that your CV details the following:

All your work experience to date (voluntary, internships, part-time work)
Positions of responsibility
Extracurricular activities
Academic Details
Scholarships or other awards

Interview Question – What would you do if you have been assigned a almost impossible question?   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Canada? Contribute to the Community!