HSBC France Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2014
Updated Jun 16, 2014

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC France in January 2009.

straight forward, no tricky questions

very easy, all through HR

CIM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC France in June 2010.

SAS Skills such as merge, join, duplicate and so on; leadership questions such as where do you see 5 years later?

Interview Questions
    • difference between merge (data step) and join ( SQL) for SAS skills   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC France.

Quite short interview process, with general and Human Resources questions, and also more specific and technical questions in order to assess financial knowledge. There was a part in english too as a significant part of the job involves english language. In all it needed only 2 interviews to get an answer.

M&A Intern Interview

I had to tell about my motivation, my educational background. I also had a lot of questions about corporate finance (valuation methods: DCF, multiples), about previous deals, corporate culture. What my previous experiences brought me.
    It is very important to show how you learned from your previous experiences and why you are looking for a position in finance

Intern - Derivative Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC France.

interview in 3 steps with 3 differents people:

1st: quite basic, all about your resume and what's going on on the financial market.
    2nd: technical questions about derivative.
    3rd: generally, it will be the person you will be working for, so you are talking about the skills that they are looking for and what will be your tasks.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC France in April 2013.

I applied to the position via the career centre of my business school. Got a call for an interview. Had to go through 2 interviews before getting the offer. 1st interview was conducted by 2 people. After a couple of weeks, I get a call for a 2nd interview. 2 people interviewed me. Both interviews lasted about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • How do analyse the credit quality of a company?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Things are pretty much fixed from the outset in France.

Front Office Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HSBC France.

I attended a career fair where I met a structurer from HSBC. After the fair, they scheduled an interview for a gap year internship opportunity in the Equity derivatives structuring team.

The interview process was exclusively with structurers from HSBC (no HR interview)
    1st round : interview with several members of the team (1:1)
    Presentation / Background questions / General questions about equity derivatives product
    2nd round : interview with the Head of the team
    Brainteaser / Greek sensitivity

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about correlations (Basket vs Worst of etc) and how to smooth discontinuities for exotic products. They explained the basic concepts and let me find the answers while being very comprehensive since I had no real experiences about pricing derivatives product   View Answer
    No negociation (salary grid)

Product Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC France in March 2013.

1 technical interview and 1 rh interview
    technical questions like financial products (swap, swaption) and bonds pricing. When the yield rate augment, what will be the bonds' prices. VBA questions.

HSBC Real Estate Finance & Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC France in November 2011.

Classic questions : P&L account, consolidation methods , etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the real estate sector: how to value a building   Answer Question

Structurer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC France in November 2010.

Classic interview with a lot of financial questions, especially basic for structrured products (how to recreate a cap with swaptions, what si the economic and the mathematic thnq beyond the existence of the volatility smile ...)

Interview Questions

Worked for HSBC France? Contribute to the Community!