HSBC GLT

Updated Apr 30, 2014

2.9

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HSBC GLT.

Got interview through campus.

Didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC GLT

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC GLT in April 2013.

I have posted my resume logging in to HSBC GLT website, After a month HR contacted me for a drive and it all started on one fine saturday. We reached the HSBC GLT center at 9 :00 , the interview process was well planned and was satisfactory, We had the following rounds

1) Written test with objective questions ( 1 hour )
    Basically on Java, Logical Reasoning , Aptitute , J2EE and English.

2) Technical Interview (45 mins)
    Core Java , Spring, Webservices and project related . All questions where asked to test the depth of your knowledge and not just the basic. My technical interviewer asked me very interesting questions and really admire his knowledge. Could satisfactory give answer to 60 - 70% of his questions and hence cleared it

3) HR round (20 mins)
    It was basically a very friendly background check kind of discussion and had some salary negotiation.

One thing I really liked about HSBC interview was they where very frank in letting u know whether u got selected to next round or you may just leave. Because usually in other companies we get a nice statement saying "HR will contact you soon" and nice big simple which never happens

Interview Questions
    • Just having a indepth knowledge about your core technology is a must, As I have seen technical round was the situation where most ppl couldnt make out.   Answer Question
    I had negotiated for some fixed CTC during my HR round and gave my reasons, After some days they mailed me a salary structured interms of fixed pay and not CTC. Though it was bit less then what i expected , I am satisfactory with the offer and job location and accepted it . Afterall more than pay what really matters is your working for a Global Leader in Banking :)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HSBC GLT in July 2010.

2 interviews , pretty simple to crack , just asked basic questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC GLT in January 2011.

I was interviewwed in jan 2011 for java interview. there were two technical rounds and one hr round.
    technical rounds were tough whereas hr round was formality

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was why do we hire you   View Answer
    how long will you stay in this company...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC GLT in September 2013.

It started off with an aptitude test which had verbal,quantitative,logical reasoning sections.Verbal was toughest.More than 150 students were there at aptitude test & after that they around 100 students were proceeded to next round.The next round was technical interview which was AWESOME.followed by HR round which was a bit tricky..At the end of the day 21 students were selected..& I was one of them..

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was easy for me..but tough for a lot of them..   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC GLT in June 2012.

Technical interview followed by a written test consisting of reasoning,English. HR Interview is done once you clear technical..

Interview Questions
    • About the process you follow and questions based on project knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC GLT in January 2014.

I have revived Call from HR from Hyderabad stating that they have opening in Pune location for Datastage Developer and If I am interested in that or not?
    I replied Yes then she asked some questions:
        1. Tell me about yourself?
        2. What is your current work and responsibilities in this company?
        3. Expected Salary.
    After these question she scheduled my Telephonic Interview for next day 11.00 AM.

Very Next day I have received call from Technical Person For Interview. Which asked below question:
        1. Tell me about your self?
        2. About your Project and Project Specific some questions?
        3. Difference between Datastage Server & Parallel.
        4. Join, Lookup, Merge Stage.
        5. Aggregator Stage.
        6. Transformer Stage.
        7. Copy Stage.
        8. Active & Passive Stage.
        9. Some Scenario Based Questions.
        10. Dataset.
        11. Unix Related Question. Rate your self and some commands.
        12. Oracle related question. ate your self.

It was lasted around 1 hour then he asked what is your notice period & expected salary.

Next Day I have received call from HR again that you have cleared Telephonic Interview and now after 2 Days your F2f Technical and HR Interview is scheduled.

IN F2F interview was lasted around 30 mins in which he asked only 1 Technical scenario based question rest all managerial and Dw related questions.

In HR interview we had discussed on salary which was a vegetable market discussion and after 30 mins long negotiation we have agreed on one Number.

Interview Questions
    • Why you left your previous company. As I have left my pervious company in 4 Months.   Answer Question
    They are not Much negotiate salary and I also got much lesser what I have expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC GLT.

Phone in interview

Interview Questions
    • I had prepared the technical questions of AS400 very well.. so as such i din't fell any unexpected question   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC GLT in September 2013.

Aptitude test was easy.They focused on communication skills.If you are technically not strong its okey!You should represent yourself very well.
    Technical interview went on projects only.No cross questioning.It was easy to crack.
    In hr interview they asked all about mu resume.Why HSBC?etc.
    You have to be confident.I told them about my extra curricular activities.They were impressed By it.Good experiance.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC GLT.

Written first then interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for HSBC GLT? Contribute to the Community!