HSBC Global Resourcing

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.1

Customer Service Executive Interview

Applied via job recruiter.
    Grammar test, oral test and interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing in August 2014.

Hiring process:
    (1) Phone interview
    (2) Typing test
    (3) English proficiency test
    (4) Voice test - create and present monologue that should last for about 3 minutes
    (5) HR interview - one on one or panel interview
    (6) Final interview

Finances Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tbilisi (Georgia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tbilisi (Georgia)

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing.

I came about 5 minutes early. the interview process was very straightforward and I like the person interviewing me. The questions were mostly about my experience, education and interests. Majority of questions were about how I deal with problems and communication at work, how I deal with the people I dislike at work etc. I asked a few questions in the end. Overall I had a positive experience and had an offer on the spot, but rejected it.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take some sort of test, but I'm not sure what exactly if I agreed to proceed with their hiring process.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing in September 2010.

Questions will involve puzzles and interactive case studies (mostly revolving around credit cards). Knowledge of SAS/SQL is very useful. Also an understanding of how credit card/retail banking data is utilized in analysis is a plus

Interview Questions
    • An interactive case on how do you decide how many ATM's should be setup in a particular area   View Answer
    I did not do any negotiation. HSBC is very rigid in its salary structure. Might not work

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing in February 2014.

No online interviews, but first interview looks at CV
    HR are not that helpful as they do not specify if you are to be doing a CV interview, tecnical interview or competency interview. Just need to be more transparent

Interview Questions
    • Can you confirm you will stay a minimum 12 months   View Answer

Fresher Interview

1)Aptitude test: It is a very easy process out of 100% students 97-98% will be able to make it clear.
    2)Technical Interview: As i said more poeple will come to this round and we have to wait till the night in order to get the number in the round as many people will clear the first round.
    3)HR Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing.

3 rounds of telephonic interview, 2 with local management (Manager and AVP) and one with business side

Interview Questions
    • Things are pretty straight forward with interview revolving around your knowledge of analytics domain   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation in Salary

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing in May 2010.

I applied for the company through a referral and i got a call from the company in about 2 weeks. The entire interview process has 4 rounds, first was a grammar test, it was a written test. If through, then you go for the second round that checks one's typing speed. It should be at least 25c/min. And then the group discussion round where you have to face questions that test our communication skills. And finally 1-1 interview with a Manager , its more like an HR round where he asks about education, why we chose to join HSBC and expected salary, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Fortunately i didn't had to face any difficult question as such.   Answer Question
    It wasn't complicated at all, at least in my case as they offered more than what i was earning at that point.

Assistant Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing in May 2012.

Had about 3 rounds of interview.
    In the 1st round I was asked to prepare on a topic on the available process material and present it to the interviewers. Apart from which, questions were asked about my team management, project management skills.
    2nd Round was with the Senior VP of the department who too questioned me to understand my strong skill sets and what improvement could I bring into the process.
    3rd round was to submit a workflow assessment of a process and how I would like it to be changed.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide a strength and a weakness. When I provided one of each, I was asked to provide another. I couldn't think of any in the interview. Interviewer stated that this means I do not have faults and I am successful all throughout my career with the company. This was tricky to answer for me at that time.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HSBC Global Resourcing.

Resume was shortlisted by HR,1st round video conference with AVP(Operations) and cleared for final round with VP(Hiring Manager) and was told that skil sets does not match.(Was wondering how did I manager to clear the previous round without matching Skills.)

Interview Questions
    • Are you feeling nervous ? Obviously ...its a stupid questions to ask   View Answer
    Beggars cannot be chosers !

Worked for HSBC Global Resourcing? Contribute to the Community!