HSBC - HDPI

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSE Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview Details – 1. Aptitude Test
2. Personal Introduction Round
3. JAM Session
4. Operational Interview Round
5. HR Round

Interview Question – How long will you be with the Company? (They ask us to tell the number of years)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since my First job i was happy with what ever was offered

Manager MI Reporting Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked to be at the venue by 11 AM but i was there 10 mins prior to that time just to make sure that i should be on time. HR Called my name at 12.50 PM after asking them about my turn. The Person who is interviewing doesn't even know how to behave during the interview. He walks off in between the interview and will be back after some time which is extremely ridiculous and never seen such employees in any company. He didn't even introduce his name nor doesn't even know what to ask in the interview. He himself doesn't have a clarity. He was expecting the person explain everything about HSBC which is senseless. Ask about his current company or his responsibilities and how they are connected.

Interview Question – tell me about HSBC.He expects you to answer so much about HSBC as if there is no New Hire Oriention for the newly joined Employees   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in March 2011.

Interview Details – In many instances the exact role is not described properly by the interview panel and important information about the work is not given, leading to misconceptions about the job profile. This leads to dissatisfaction and demotivation when the person actually understands the job description and start working. Sometimes questions asked by candidates is also not answered properly by the panel, making the candidate confused and anxious.

Interview Question – There was no such challenging question   Answer Question

Finance & Accounts Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview Details – skill tests, telephone round, department head interview, general hr interview

Interview Question – the most unexpected question, "why do you want to join this job/company", this question is put to a person with 10+ years of experience by a hr executive with hardly any experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much, they come with preconceived notions.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Support Executive Interview

Customer Support Executive
Hyderābād (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview Details – they have a test and one final round of interview

Interview Question – it is quiet easy to get into hsbc   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Customer Service Executive
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview Details – Was in 4 rounds of interview with analytical and logical reasoning

Interview Question – Qusttion was about situational and I had toreally work on the thinking part as had so many situations and had to choose the best one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on pay. would like to advice that focus on negotiating pros and cons.

Customer Support Executive Interview

Customer Support Executive
Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in April 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and I got a call from the company.They were 5 rounds .The first was typing skills test..2. listening skills.You need to listen to conversations and answer questions. 3. Personal Intro round, 4. Group discussion where two people need to discuss info about pictures that interviewers give.and Last round is the HR round.You need to have a lot of self confidence when you answer questions and you need excellent communication and listening skills

Interview Questions

• Please write a business letter to a credit card company.   Answer Question
  • Listening skills.listen to the question and answer .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is a very annoying process with this company cause they never respond well to this. As every one know they always want to pay less and extract more from the employees.So one need to be very determined with the package that he is looking for and how many times they ask you better stick to one figure and it will be confirmed.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in January 2011.

Interview Details – The company was crystal clear about their terms and conditions which in turn convinced me to join such a huge firm.
Every individual working in this firm is always reminded about the key role they play in running business successfully.
They are very specific about hiring genuine candidates into their company for which they follow a stringent background check.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A genuine advice that I feel would help anyone join this company is that "you should be 100% sure about your role in the company and should rejoice your work.......as the rest would be taken care for you by them..:)

Senior Project Manager Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process tests your real world experience and seeks to authenticate your resume. The interview is situation based and seeks for the interviewer to dig into previous similar instances as examples. The closer the example is to the job being interviewed for, the more weighting it carries. Structure of answers is as crucial as the content of the answers. HR is not forthcoming with closure or feedback. Hint and tip – establish rapport with the interviewer and seek to have all future job related communication with him/her.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?   View Answer
  • Give an example when you were not the leader of the team but had to take decisions.   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in July 2010.

Interview Details – Employer conducts frequent walk-ins and first day sees a general aptitude and group discussion tests. Post a week a technical round is conducted. After selection, background check process starts which may take a week to 6 months. Meanwhile a conditional offer is made after the technical round itself. Final offer can be made anything within a month to 9 months (the longest I have heard with the firm). I was lucky to get a final offer in 26 days. Though there are many instances of 7-8 months.

Interview Question – Best television ad you have seen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was blatant and unprofessional. I was told I do not have a choice to bargain and that the offer I am being made is final. But since I was a fresher, I had to accept. On me asking about why there is delay in making final offer, I was told people wait even a year to get the offer, so I should consider myself lucky to get an offer within a month.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HSBC - HDPI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC - HDPI interview questions and advice in Hyderabad, India. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC - HDPI employees and interview candidates.