HSBC - HDPI

HSBC - HDPI Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview process took about 2months and technical and managerial are quite fair. Just stick to bookish knowledge and tell with practical examples as far as possible.
    Give exactly answers to the point

About 10% negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

There will be a round to test communication in English with some logical reasoning. I think nowadays they are testing typing speed as well. This is a general round. Then the process specialists comes in and does the questioning. This could be technical and grueling,

Interview Questions
    I got more than what I had asked so there was no negotiation. But people have been successful in driving up the offer a bit more.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC - HDPI in November 2014.

- Contacted by recruiter for Risk/change manager.
    - Face to face was set up in Gurgaon office, which is like 30 miles/50 km from my home.
    - Went there at the specified time. Looked like a blood donation camp. Everyone was sitting in the lobby and were called to different rooms for interviews.
    - Was asked to fill in the form and then waited.
    - The interviewer panel acted weird. The interviewer would come out of their room and look at the resumes - 4 or 5 at a time, then would decide who will they interview. Didn't make much sense to me. I saw them laughing while going through some resumes,in front of the candidates, which was totally unprofessional. If you think the resume doesn't fit your requirement, beat your HR for calling the candidates. Don't laugh on the candidates. They have paid out of their pocket to come to your office. Please show some respect.
    - Saw people sitting for 3 hours. I was told that the process would be over in 2 hours, but no one even called my name in 2 hours. Left after 2 hours, without any form of communication from HSBC HR/recruitment team. I wasn't the only one , who left in frustration. There were 3-4 more other candidates, who could not tolerate the nonsense behavior by HSBC team and had left before me.
    - Many people in their reviews on glassdoor have said that senior management in Gurgaon/Indian office is not good. This Interview process gave me a good hint of what to expect. If this is their best behavior, I cannot imagine the worst part.

Assistant Manager Finance Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Its goes with a telephonic interview, then a manager interview, AVP or VP depending on position and then HR interview for salary negotiation, then offer letter, background verification, joining and three days of induction. Finally on the floor

Interview Questions
    It was good will give u 40-60% depending upon exp and slab and u r current package

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

for IT people, its more of 1-2 interview (face to face or telephonic) followed by HR round. But you already have any reference (in higher position off course) inside, it works like a magic. Your overall presentation does matter here

Interview Questions
    • If you technically sound and SMART guy, no need to worry about as interviewer would be less knowledgeable than you....just be confident while answering   Answer Question

CSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

1. Aptitude Test
    2. Personal Introduction Round
    3. JAM Session
    4. Operational Interview Round
    5. HR Round

Interview Questions
    • How long will you be with the Company? (They ask us to tell the number of years)   View Answer
    Since my First job i was happy with what ever was offered

Assistant Manager Interview

The interview process starts with the operations guy taking your technical interview which is followed by HR round for salary discussion. Although the feedback mechanism is not that strong.

Not much negotiation possible

Manager MI Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI in March 2014.

I was asked to be at the venue by 11 AM but i was there 10 mins prior to that time just to make sure that i should be on time. HR Called my name at 12.50 PM after asking them about my turn. The Person who is interviewing doesn't even know how to behave during the interview. He walks off in between the interview and will be back after some time which is extremely ridiculous and never seen such employees in any company. He didn't even introduce his name nor doesn't even know what to ask in the interview. He himself doesn't have a clarity. He was expecting the person explain everything about HSBC which is senseless. Ask about his current company or his responsibilities and how they are connected.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about HSBC.He expects you to answer so much about HSBC as if there is no New Hire Oriention for the newly joined Employees   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Campus interview. Written test, GD and one interview (HR+Tech)

Business Analyst Interview

Mostly relaxed. Interviewers made sure I was comfortable. There were 2 rounds. First one technical and second one an HR round. Followed by a one-on-one interview with the VP.