HSBC - HDPI Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview

Mainly statistical concepts and project discussions. No technical questions on Statistical tools. 1 round from India and one US round. Poor hike offered. HR ppl not cooperative at all. No co-relation of qualification with the salaries offered. the only thing that matters to them is years of work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your job in such a short time-period   Answer Question

Poor hike in salary

Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview... All business... No technical... simple questions ... more interested in your siblings than your skills... all generic talk... from 3 VP's... the were telling more than asking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fixed.

Operations- Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview

A very planned intereview with a detailed briefing about the Profile they are looking for and very timely. Only lag was in releasing offer letter which took considerable time (2 weeks) post completion of all the documents.

Interview Questions

• More focus on questions about why a change than technicality of the required job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited- 5% scope for negotiation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview

Interview process took about 2months and technical and managerial are quite fair. Just stick to bookish knowledge and tell with practical examples as far as possible.
    Give exactly answers to the point

Interview Questions

Negotiation

About 10% negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview

There will be a round to test communication in English with some logical reasoning. I think nowadays they are testing typing speed as well. This is a general round. Then the process specialists comes in and does the questioning. This could be technical and grueling,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got more than what I had asked so there was no negotiation. But people have been successful in driving up the offer a bit more.

Change Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC - HDPI (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

- Contacted by recruiter for Risk/change manager.
    - Face to face was set up in Gurgaon office, which is like 30 miles/50 km from my home.
    - Went there at the specified time. Looked like a blood donation camp. Everyone was sitting in the lobby and were called to different rooms for interviews.
    - Was asked to fill in the form and then waited.
    - The interviewer panel acted weird. The interviewer would come out of their room and look at the resumes - 4 or 5 at a time, then would decide who will they interview. Didn't make much sense to me. I saw them laughing while going through some resumes,in front of the candidates, which was totally unprofessional. If you think the resume doesn't fit your requirement, beat your HR for calling the candidates. Don't laugh on the candidates. They have paid out of their pocket to come to your office. Please show some respect.
    - Saw people sitting for 3 hours. I was told that the process would be over in 2 hours, but no one even called my name in 2 hours. Left after 2 hours, without any form of communication from HSBC HR/recruitment team. I wasn't the only one , who left in frustration. There were 3-4 more other candidates, who could not tolerate the nonsense behavior by HSBC team and had left before me.
    - Many people in their reviews on glassdoor have said that senior management in Gurgaon/Indian office is not good. This Interview process gave me a good hint of what to expect. If this is their best behavior, I cannot imagine the worst part.

Assistant Manager Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI.

Interview

Its goes with a telephonic interview, then a manager interview, AVP or VP depending on position and then HR interview for salary negotiation, then offer letter, background verification, joining and three days of induction. Finally on the floor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good will give u 40-60% depending upon exp and slab and u r current package

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

for IT people, its more of 1-2 interview (face to face or telephonic) followed by HR round. But you already have any reference (in higher position off course) inside, it works like a magic. Your overall presentation does matter here

Interview Questions

• If you technically sound and SMART guy, no need to worry about as interviewer would be less knowledgeable than you....just be confident while answering   Answer Question

CSE Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC - HDPI (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

1. Aptitude Test
    2. Personal Introduction Round
    3. JAM Session
    4. Operational Interview Round
    5. HR Round

Interview Questions

• How long will you be with the Company? (They ask us to tell the number of years)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since my First job i was happy with what ever was offered

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process starts with the operations guy taking your technical interview which is followed by HR round for salary discussion. Although the feedback mechanism is not that strong.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation possible