HSBC Holdings

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then a few days later, on site interviewed, then a few days later, offer made and accepted, then backgound check and drug test. since the phone interview, it took about 3-4 weeks. on-site interview was overall nice. some technical questions.

Interview Question – Some technical questions in Stats   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2008.

Interview Details – The application process began with an online application that was similar to most other banks. The firm was very quick with its review of my application and cv (24 hrs). I then took an online set of tests, and was invited to a first round interview. There was a slight delay in being able to pick a time slot for the interview, but eventually more times were listed. The interview was by phone, and was entirely competency based questions. My interviewer was very friendly. I advanced past 1st round, after which my application went on to further review but did not progress past this state. I was not notified of why I was rejected.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, assessment centre. Phone interview was fine, competency based plus financial news. Assessment centre consisted of 3 interviews plus case study & presentation. Case study was hard, prepare by reading HSBC research.

Interview Question – What do you think the world will be like in 2050?   Answer Question

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2013.

Interview Details – Technical interview, normal expected questions

Interview Question – Motivational interview questions   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details – First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Interview Question – The fundamental drive of emerging countries   View Answer

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details – Nothing happened much, everything was done on the phone as I live abroad.Very nice and pleasant, I had a great time discussing markets and economics during half an hour

Interview Question – Not really tricky questions   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round telephone interview for a graduate position in GB&M. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was competency-based only, conducted by a HR. The communication was good and smooth, questions were about motivation, personality (situation based), company values and current news. I got a positive email feedback later that day, and will see if they arrange the AC.

Interview Question – How do you see the world in 2060?
Who do you look up to?
  Answer Question

Analyst
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1 motivational and 2 competency based essays. Cover letter included in online app ... Numeracy Test which was relatively simple however phone interview was difficult.

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, after which I had a phone interview and several online tests. After passing that, I was invited to an assessment day which consisted of a presentation and three different types of interviews, as well as one final logic/mathematical test. The key was understanding the business and job I was applying to.

Interview Question – How many people use the London underground each day?   Answer Question

Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interview with different persons

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Holdings

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees and interview candidates.