HSBC Holdings Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was lying with them for a month or so. However when I was called for interview, it was a
a whole day face to face interview. Interviewed ith several managers. All the managers were professional and friendly. They asked practical real life problem solving questions.

At the end I met the senior manager, who briefed me about the benefits etc and asked general questions. While walking back, i was given the offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions.Real life practical problem solving questions. Simple logic testing questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

one interview - we talked more about the industry as a whole than the job duties. it was more of a personal interview than a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was offered more than i asked for... so no complaints

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
    The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Questions

• No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview process is structured. The questions focused on past experience. I wasn't asked for the behavior questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question is the one that is not related to my current field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much. I told them my salary expectation and I got it.

Application

Interview

Resume was processed and forwarded by my Headhunter, I was only interviewed once

Interview Questions

• There was not difficult questions, most were about operations and how to manage it.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2009.

Interview

4 rounds of tele-interview, including hiring manager, HR manger and internal business unit.

Interview Questions

• How to get square root of 131 in SAS, without using any sas maths function.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in February 2009.

Interview

After screening of the profile, have received a call for a possible date and time when I can have a short discussion for my experience andexposure. It was a telephonic interview and was enquired about my Project exposure, experience in various projects, my team management skills, leadership abilities, project management and how I have refined processes or practices to acheive more efficiency.

Salary was not as per expectation. Was looking for more salary because of relocation.....

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2008.

Interview

HR was hard to reach & abrupt.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this particular product (can't remember the name of the product now)?   1 Answer