HSBC Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Question – No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Holdings

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings Assistant Vice President interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees and interview candidates.