HSBC Holdings Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Questions
  • No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!