HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied for a risk intern position online, HR got in touch with me about a week later and we set up a phone interview. Regular why this job, why HSBC, how do you work in a team type questions. This was followed by an in-person interview with the risk management hiring manager. At this point it was abundantly clear that they were just going to hire a director's kid and the final interview was just a formality. They were totally uninterested in interviewing and HR just made them do it. Long story short, unless you have a VERY strong connection to the department you're applying for at HSBC, don't get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? How good are your excel skills? That's it. The second round took less than 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

applied on-line, the process took 6 months first contacted via email after the on-line application, followed by a phone interview no test in phone interview but a brief introduction about the office a paper test after the phone interview with several subjective questions nterviewed with my supervisor on the phone. He asked about previous work experience, education background. The reason why you want to work at this department. Experience conducting economics research. Rank the type of tasks you are comfortable working. Available time of the week (during school term). Possibility for extension after two month contract. overall the experience is good

Premier Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

One phone interview after two weeks applying, then a self assessment is required. One week later two panel interviews including three interviewers which was 2 hours long. Offered in a week. Background check took two weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the HSBC careers site. First round is a phone interview which is done through an outsourced HR department. Behavioral questions were asked. Two weeks later, I was contacted by a different HR rep to set up an in-person interview. They did not give details on what kind of format to expect. I was interviewed by two managers in the department. The interview was quite unstructured. They had a list of prepared questions, but I think they just asked whatever came to mind. They look for leadership and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• What is your pet peeve?   1 Answer
    • What kind of relationship do you expect to have with your managers?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Apply online, the process took about a week, then got an email from HR to schedule a phone interview, and then another week later got a call from branch manager to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• common behavior questions, what you know about the company, what do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied the job through linked in. Then received a email to advise me to apply that job on HSBC website. Then we arranged a phone interview next week. the phone interview is for 1 hour. basically, go through the resume, tell me about what do you do now, why are you interested in this job and behavior questions. After that, they will notify you if you can go to one on one interview next round.

Interview Questions

• tell me one time you do presentation to the client.   Answer Question
    • if you are the successful candidate, what do you expect to achieve in the first three month.   Answer Question

Retail Banking Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

This was my first telephone interview with HSBC, it materialized after having passed the numerical reasoning and the logic test. They came back to me rather quickly after having done the online tests which is a massive bonus, some companies don't get back to you for a good 2 months.

Interview Questions

• It is a very easy and straightforward interview, they ask you about your motivations, what difficulties you are expecting, and what you can bring to the table   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I applied online through their career site then the first step was the phone interview.Focus on preparing stories to answer the "tell a time when..." behavioral questions. Lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question related to analytical skills to which I had no prepared response and had to think on my feet.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

mostly about sales. so be prepared for all the sales-related interview questions.Describe yourself as a result-driven person. Failures may happen sometimes but the most important thing is determination. When you set your goal, you try everything possible to reach it. Make sure to emphasize that you are different from other people in the mindset. And describe how much you like about doing sales - it's self-rewarding, and recognizable. There is nothing else that can be compared to the feeling of helping clients meet their needs by choosing the right products for them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you cannot meet your sales target.   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I had on in person interview with HR and the CTO who was hiring at that time for this postion. They asked me all the standard questions and I gave them all my answers. This was 10 years ago so the interview process was quite different from what it is right now. Two days later I got a phone call from HR saying that they are going to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you set up a facility from scratch. Whats the first thing you would do...   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation