HSBC Holdings Customer Service Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Executive Interview

Interview

Applied via job recruiter.
Grammar test, oral test and interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

General Aptitude Test (Options, Passages, Basic English grammar), Voice Assessment Round, Telephone Etiquites, Personal Round, HR Round, Management Round. General Aptitude Test (Options, Passages, Basic English grammar), Voice Assessment Round, Telephone Etiquites, Personal Round, HR Round, Management Round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why did u opt for this job when u have much more qualification, How early can you join, do u need leaves for the first 6 month. Would you leave this company after one year etc.,.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations, They offer the least in the Industry.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2014.

Interview

Had an online test and passed, therefore offered a face to face interview. I was phoned on a Tuesday afternoon and interview time for 10am on the Wednesday. Not too concerned as I had done similar job before so had confidence to do the interview. Went in for the interview but asked to come back as interviewer was going in for a tele conference!! Not impressed but no choice had to come back after an hour. Interviewer barely shook my hand and I immediately felt uneasy! Halfway through the interview was asked questions about what my partner does, is is job permanent and why I thought there was no chance of him being either relocated or made redundant! The interviewer yawned throughout the process, this unsettled me even further. Obviously I didn't get the position, I requested feedback and was told I wasn't passionate enough about HSBC. I then asked why the interviewer had asked questions relating to my partners job situation and the reply was" I didn't ask anything that was inappropriate" I did say that they were interviewing me for prospective employee and not my partner. I got not one rejection email but 3, talk about rubbing salt into a wound.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked about my partners job and sustainability of his position!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

Was in 4 rounds of interview with analytical and logical reasoning

Interview Questions

• Qusttion was about situational and I had toreally work on the thinking part as had so many situations and had to choose the best one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on pay. would like to advice that focus on negotiating pros and cons.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

First there was this english test and then i was asked questions by a manager from the operations. Some relevant and some irrelevant questions. Basically they want to know your confidence level

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in November 2010.

Interview

Sent in resume, grammar test, oral test and interview.

Interview Questions

• Communicating and sharing ideas with other job applicant about different scenarios given.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderābād (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

though the position i applied was for customer service executive ,i was very pleased with the kind of interview rounds i was taken through.i was tested on accent,current affairs and aptitude,reasoning.

Interview Questions

• how long will you stay in the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

being a fresher i was not aware of negotiation kind of things.later i realised i shoud have tried it

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bangalore (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

it was simple . no need to be complex in your replies..
    i was there for language process so it was easy for me.

Interview Questions

• what if your manager is stopping you to do something for his personal interest ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Calcutta (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

fairly streamlined, very efficient and detailed verification and on boarding.The HR dept has a smooth functioning to manage the huge inflow of applicants.interview process lasts typically 4-6 hours.four rounds-written, telephonic, one on one and HR round.salary and details informed on the day after interview completion.ideally a 21 day wait period while the verification is completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied through their website, received a call after two weeks, they conducted aptitude and HR round, then I was called a month latter for face to face interview with Head of department (VP)

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance when you have performed beyond your call of duty   Answer Question