HSBC Holdings Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I got the phone interview the same day I applied online, they didn't tell me when to call and they just called. Phone interview, ask some basic questions. Why you choose HSBC? What kind of customer service did you have before?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Redmond, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

First step was with HR Next step was with hiring manager and branch service manager. They basically make a pitch to you about the bank and how great it is. It's all based on how much the interviewer likes you.

Interview Questions

• They were really basic, like: What made you choose HSBC? How do you deal with stress? What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's a previously agreed upon rate by the individual branch. When you negotiate, HR then has to discuss with that branch and see if they have the budget to meet your requirements.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Very general interview process, nice people, nice culture and environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward, background check

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

They call you over the phone to tell you the on-site interview process you go to theon-site interview and will meet up 1:1 with a manger of the deparment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a call center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Lewisville, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online.... got phone call.....went to interview....... got job. It's basic customer service that situational questions. Nothing to be scared about. The company had a great bonus structure.... but changed when the company changed the bonuses changed drastically.

Negotiation

straight forward.... hourly

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview the next day. The interview was straight forward and only lasted 20 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and asked questions about my previous work experience, education and why I applied for HSBC and specifically the role which I applied for. I was also asked some competency questions but these were fairly straight forward, such as "What is good customer service?" and why is it important to resolve customer complaints during the first conversation?"

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to resolve customer complaints during the first conversation?   Answer Question
    • What is good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in August 2014.

Interview

Hiring process: (1) Phone interview (2) Typing test (3) English proficiency test (4) Voice test - create and present monologue that should last for about 3 minutes (5) HR interview - one on one or panel interview (6) Final interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

face to face interview no hard question, past experience tell us about a problem you encoutered while working with a group & how you resolve it what is great customer seervice how to handle compalin how to accomplish a tough tasks

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone Screening > Grammar Test > Typing Skill Test > Voice Assessment > Hr interview > Ops Interview > Job offer > Background Check . When I tried to apply at HSBC I only took 4 of those process before Job offer and Background check. So, it depends. :P QUESTION: Is the training at HSBC easy ? Can anyone tell me ? I was hired for a US credit card account with up-selling.