HSBC Holdings

256 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Banking Officer Interview

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details – First the interviewer asks me for basic introduction. Then come to questions about the company and the position you are applying, like why HSBC and why this division. There are also other questions about the company like what do you know know about HSBC and the major competitors. He also asks me about what qualities you possessed to make you suitable for this position.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to HSBC?   Answer Question

Vice President Strategy Interview

Panama, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details – Efficient process and incentivates people skills

Interview Question – I belive if you are able to addapt ther are no difficult tasks   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details – Phone interview, then face 2 face intervirew. Standard Java interview.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard (mvc, j2ee, db).   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details – Sent application via campus recruiting, two phone interviews with team, online quantitative exam.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - only market-based was "how do you value a company"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview (mainly behavioral). Online numerical reasoning test. 4 Interviews in person.

Interview Question – What do you expect is going to happen with the global markets in the short run?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

I applied online and interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few weeks later received an email inviting me to interview. I participated in a phone interview a few days later. Interview itself was about 45 minutes long and consisted mostly of behavioral and competency questions that probed my basic knowledge of finance as well as my understanding of what exactly HSBC stood for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the financial world will look like in 2050? Be specific.   Answer Question
  • Identify a financial scandal of the past few years and explain what happened. How do you think this scandal and its fallout have impacted HSBC?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details – Campus Interviewed: Write a code for sorting a array.

Thats it !! Then HR Round

Finance Interview

Finance
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details – HR Recruiter in Buffalo scheduled a window to call me for phone screen which I confirmed. Waited for the full 2 hour window next day, no call. I sent an email asking to reschedule. Several hours later I received a call back with a new time for the next day. The next day came and no call from recruiter, so I called both her office and cel numbers, left messages. Several hours went by and I finally received a call back. Did a brief (but now unscheduled) phone screen, and set up an in person interview for the following week. The interview went great, it seemed that the hiring manager did not want it to end and after 50 minutes they began telling me about vacation, benefits, working from home, perks...super good sign right? I was confident, qualified and now a good match with manager's personality. The next day the same recruiter called me and asked me how it went. After letting me gush about how great I thought it went, how I really clicked with the hiring manager and was really excited about taking the next step, the recruiter proceeded to tell me the manager was going to continue interviews as I did not have the specific experience they wanted. HUH? I was totally shocked! I asked her to please reach back out to the hiring manager for more specific feedback as the reason she just provided didn't make any sense based on the interview I had. However, I was ready to accept/move on - I understand that's just how the game goes sometimes. But then recruiter then told me she would like me to interview for another position along the same lines but at a level lower. Ok, I was willing to take a cut for a foot in the door at HSBC, so we discussed the salary and agreed on a range. I then had two more in person interviews on separate days, the last with a Sr. Manager. After a grueling 45 minute psychological examination, the Sr. Mngr asked me what salary I was expecting. I told them the figure already agreed upon with the recruiter. The Mngr then told me the "correct" range which ended up being so far out of the ballpark I was speechless! No negotiation could take place as we were that far apart. And it's really hard to negotiate salary during an interview when you haven't been offered the position! The Mngr was understandably aggravated with the recruiter and the interview ended abruptly. Two days later I received the generic rejection email without a word of apology, explanation OR follow-up from the recruiter. One of the worst experiences I've had with any potential employer. I was extremely excited about working for HSBC but if this is how they treat people there, looks like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Question – Salaray range issue should never have happened. Poor recruiting work.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Manager Interview

Salinas, CA

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview process, nothing too difficult. Mostly analytical.

Interview Question – How do you do multi tasking? mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interview Details – be professional and direct

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Holdings

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings interview questions and advice. All 256 interview reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees and interview candidates.