HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

1,092 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. The interviewer was disorganized but said that my information would be passed along to the hiring manager and that they would be in contact for an in-person interview. That was 2 months ago and the HR member has totally ignored my emails and calls. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter on a Friday afternoon, who then scheduled me for a phone interview on Monday. I spent the weekend doing research and once Monday came I never got a call. I called John from Michigan and he never returned my messages. About a month later I finally received an email saying the position was filled. Terrible experience and I will never again be applying with this joke of a bank.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Not the best experience ! First I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled me for an interview with a branch manager ...I arrived for them to tell me the manager couldn't make it . They rescheduled again and the manager was a hr late and she had her employee interview me ... Who clearly didn't have any experience interviewing . After the process they gave me her card to follow up . Tried several times no answer. Received another call from a recruiter for another branch manager interview for another location ... Again the manager was late and interrupted by employees . To sum it all up both interviews were unsuccessful !

Interview Questions

• What does HSBC stand For and Where is there Head Quarters Located ?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bethesda, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially participated in an informal interview with a branch manager. The initial interview was very informative. An open dialogue was conducted to find out if my goals aligned with the position and potential future opportunities. It was clear that HSBC is looking to hire those with the intention of making a career out of joining the bank as opposed to those using it as simply a stepping stone.

Interview Questions

• What area are you interested in finance and do you see this opportunity as a potential career?   Answer Question

Summer Work Experience Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Long wait and thin pay. But well, it is worth doing especially if one plans to develop his/her career in HK, the most brand-conscious place in the world. HR was always in a condescending tone. However, I show my greatest respects with this company for their willingness to take in candidates with no work experience (even said that this wasn't a problem).

Interview was 2 rounds, first with HR (based in mainland) and line manager in HK. Both were behavioral questions except for a little bit general knowledge of HSBC expected in the 1st round. They expect specific answers. Just answer as detailed as possible, and try to carry the convo (not being overly dominating tho of course).

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you encountered when working in a group
      What are the core values of HSBC
      Talk about what you do outside the classroom etc

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

it was very difficult. questions were very tough. started with technical round and all questions were bouncing back. some questions included what is your previous experience, how were you able to over come your weakness

Managing Associate Interview

Interview

the interview is about 60 minutes long and a lot of fit questions such as in a certain scenario how would you manage a problem. Also, know your resume well and be prepare to tell your experiences.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation and explain how you overcome it, what's the result?   Answer Question

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the company website. After you fill out the application, they make you take a math test. The test is multiple choice and is pretty easy.

First round was a basic phone interview. Nothing out of the blue. Your basic "walk me through your resume" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses"?

After that, you are invited to the New York Office for a Superday.

Collector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depew, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Depew, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone interview that wasnt too hard..then they called me the same day for a interview on site..when i went to the interview the manager i interviewed with made me feel very comfortable, discussed about the company with me, and asked me a few questions and gave me a tour..all in all ot was a good interview!

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you felt you went above and beyond to provide customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt really need to negotiate feel like it is going to be a great company to work for!

NYC Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to schedule an interview with them about a week later. I was asked to create and present a five minute presentation at the start of my interview. My interview had three very friendly interviewers who took turns asking questions. After the interview, it took exactly two weeks to see if I got the internship or not.