HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

1,142 Interview Reviews

2.9

Collector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depew, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Depew, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone interview that wasnt too hard..then they called me the same day for a interview on site..when i went to the interview the manager i interviewed with made me feel very comfortable, discussed about the company with me, and asked me a few questions and gave me a tour..all in all ot was a good interview!

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you felt you went above and beyond to provide customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt really need to negotiate feel like it is going to be a great company to work for!

NYC Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to schedule an interview with them about a week later. I was asked to create and present a five minute presentation at the start of my interview. My interview had three very friendly interviewers who took turns asking questions. After the interview, it took exactly two weeks to see if I got the internship or not.

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the company website. After you fill out the application, they make you take a math test. The test is multiple choice and is pretty easy. First round was a basic phone interview. Nothing out of the blue. Your basic "walk me through your resume" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses"? After that, you are invited to the New York Office for a Superday.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was lying with them for a month or so. However when I was called for interview, it was a a whole day face to face interview. Interviewed ith several managers. All the managers were professional and friendly. They asked practical real life problem solving questions. At the end I met the senior manager, who briefed me about the benefits etc and asked general questions. While walking back, i was given the offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions.Real life practical problem solving questions. Simple logic testing questions.   1 Answer

Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online through a career website at my college. The entire process up until my acceptace letter took about 3 weeks. Started with an over-the-phone interview with an HR - all behavioral questions and asked about my resume. Next round was on site with 3 people from different groups. 2 asked purely behavioral questions and 1 asked technicals. Know your resume to the last detail and make sure to have an example for every behavioral question (some got tricky). Also have a general opinion about the economy and how it's doing. The interviewers were friendly and I enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the economy is doing? Any specific factors?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

No introduction. No ending questions. Directly start from basic questions for example, what is your strength? Why do you apply for HSBC? And why do you apply for asset management? Tell me about your leadership experience? Tell me how you dealt with disagreement with other team members?

Corporate Banking Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

For this specific position, the process is easier than other. I applied online, and 20+days later got phone interview. And 4 days later, on-site interview was coming. I was interviewed by 3 different managers. Questions included behavior, motivation and technical.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the revenue of Starbucks   1 Answer
    • why HSBC? why corporate banking? How do you think the competitor of HSBC?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you did not meet your deadline   Answer Question
    • Do you recently read any financial articles and tell me your analysis.   Answer Question

Country and Sector Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview id a woman called from U.K. The signal was ok, but English accent made it a little difficult to understand. Before the first round, a quantitative test is required.

Interview Questions

• what is your motivation for applying this position?   Answer Question
    • What financial news about HSBC have you read recently, and what do you think about it?   Answer Question
    • What factors do you think would have effects on the landscape of financial world?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will the landscape of financial world be like by 2050?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about Country and Sector Advisory?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Later, I got a call from the recruiter. After discussing my skills with the hiring manager I was called for an interview. It was very direct, the interviewer made me feel comfortable. As a result, I wasn't afraid and answered the questions with confidence.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

There was a brief phone call then the next step was a panel interview. The phone call was easy and the interviewer was very friendly and personable. When I went to the HSBC offices for the second interview, there was a panel of 3 people. Afterwards, I spoke with current participants in the development program. They were all very nice.