HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

1,087 Interview Reviews

2.9

Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online through a career website at my college. The entire process up until my acceptace letter took about 3 weeks. Started with an over-the-phone interview with an HR - all behavioral questions and asked about my resume. Next round was on site with 3 people from different groups. 2 asked purely behavioral questions and 1 asked technicals. Know your resume to the last detail and make sure to have an example for every behavioral question (some got tricky). Also have a general opinion about the economy and how it's doing.
    The interviewers were friendly and I enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the economy is doing? Any specific factors?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

No introduction. No ending questions. Directly start from basic questions for example, what is your strength? Why do you apply for HSBC? And why do you apply for asset management? Tell me about your leadership experience? Tell me how you dealt with disagreement with other team members?

Country and Sector Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview id a woman called from U.K. The signal was ok, but English accent made it a little difficult to understand. Before the first round, a quantitative test is required.

Interview Questions

• what is your motivation for applying this position?   Answer Question
    • What financial news about HSBC have you read recently, and what do you think about it?   Answer Question
    • What factors do you think would have effects on the landscape of financial world?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will the landscape of financial world be like by 2050?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about Country and Sector Advisory?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

For this specific position, the process is easier than other. I applied online, and 20+days later got phone interview. And 4 days later, on-site interview was coming. I was interviewed by 3 different managers. Questions included behavior, motivation and technical.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the revenue of Starbucks   1 Answer
    • why HSBC? why corporate banking? How do you think the competitor of HSBC?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you did not meet your deadline   Answer Question
    • Do you recently read any financial articles and tell me your analysis.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Later, I got a call from the recruiter. After discussing my skills with the hiring manager I was called for an interview. It was very direct, the interviewer made me feel comfortable. As a result, I wasn't afraid and answered the questions with confidence.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

There was a brief phone call then the next step was a panel interview. The phone call was easy and the interviewer was very friendly and personable. When I went to the HSBC offices for the second interview, there was a panel of 3 people. Afterwards, I spoke with current participants in the development program. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2015.

Interview

honestly, don't think they knew what they want. I got 5 totally different job description from their website, the hr and three business interviewer. They were looking for accounting/finance background, but add the "sas is required" item after my final interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was introduced to the team at HSBC through a mutual friend. They recently had two positions open up for analyst roles so I was called in by the Senior Vice President of that division to interview at their main location in Manhattan. My first round of interviews that day was with two Assistant Vice Presidents of that division. After that, I met with the Senior Vice President that initially reached out to me. The beginning of the next work week, I was contacted for a follow-up interview with the two heads of the division. Interviews were lengthy and we mostly spoke about prior work history, academic achievements, and the like.

Interview Questions

• Can you define leverage for me?   1 Answer
    • How are your financial modeling skills? Are you able to learn new computer programs quickly?   1 Answer
    • If I were to show you financial statements right now (statement of cash flows, balance sheet, income statement), would you be able to navigate these documents and summarize this company's performance?   1 Answer

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

1. HR interview in Feb
       - If passed, they will notify u within a month
    2. Line manager interview in June
       - If passed, u will get further call from HR within 3 days

Interview Questions

• For HR interview, its more about behaviour interview
      For Line manager, the questions are based on CV

1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract period

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Phone followed by in person interview. Very specific technical requirements and lengthy discussion on Sdlc methodologies. Interview er looking for responses in smart format. Very interesting with information sharing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating as they exceeded my old salary by 10 percent