HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Compliance Interview

Interview

The recruiters at HSBC don't know what they're doing. I received multiple calls from multiple different people on the same job. Once I interviewed, I was moved over to another recruiter, who never gave me a status. Then a few months later, received a call from a new recruiter who thought she had talked to me, but never did. Then told me she'd set something up, but I never heard back. When I followed up, another recruiter said the job has been filled. Umm ok. Worst recruiting program ever.

Interview

Online Application, Vertal test, Phone-Intervew, Assessment Center

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Salinas, CA).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter from posted resume on Monster. Received invitation to interview. Interview lasted all day long, really!
    I received an offer 2 days later. Started work 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There were several proprietary questions I could not answer. Most others had to do with experience or what would you do if . . .   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable. Brief

Manager Compliance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

3 interviews one with HR, senior manager,and director. All three interviews had me walk them through my résumé. Standard question of why I was looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from a job? What prompted you to get the promotion in your last job? Do you read any professional journals? What is fair lending? Who do you give presentations to and how often. Do you have experience with SaS? Do you have experience pulling data from other sources. Is it great volumes of data? Did you work with other departments?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interviwed with HR at Texas and VP at buffalo. The VP asked Typical corp finance questions: experience with Balance Sheet and asset management.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very basic and simple. No surprises. Friendly people and seemed like a good opportunity. Not much more to say although glass door wants 30 words. That is all I have to say

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Brandon, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I received a call from some recruiter called Ascendo located in the Miami area about the job in Brandon (kind of weird). Anyway this recruiter got me an interview and the interview went really well. HSBC seemed like an okay place although they are not located in the best part of town and their offices are rather old and dingy.

RED FLAG - The woman I interviewed with told me their office was servicing existing mortgages and that HSBC was not acquiring any new loans. In other words the business is not growing. An HSBC employee posted HSBC is selling off all the mortgages on their books to exit the mortgage business and the Brandon office will be closing in 2 years. Yikes! This does not surprise me considering all the negative press surrounding HSBC's weak anti-money laundering program. I feel kind of glad I was not offered the position. HSBC does not sound like the place to work.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question - apply current experience to mortgage industry   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representa?tive Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tigard, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, had phone interview two days later and was invited to a 1:1 interview at the end of the phone interview.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking for more info and a phone interview. The interview was behavioral. Mostly CV related and situation based questions. It went wel.

Mortgage Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Depew, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

hsbc was hiring tons of temps... i didn't even interview, I was just offered the position. it pays decent, so i accepted. several people, including myself, have no experience with mortgages.

Interview Questions

• will you take this postition   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was offered $11/hr and got up to $14.