HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Contacted by a recruiter from posted resume on Monster. Received invitation to interview. Interview lasted all day long, really!
    I received an offer 2 days later. Started work 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • There were several proprietary questions I could not answer. Most others had to do with experience or what would you do if . . .   View Answer
    Reasonable. Brief

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2012.

Phone interviwed with HR at Texas and VP at buffalo. The VP asked Typical corp finance questions: experience with Balance Sheet and asset management.

Manager Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2012.

3 interviews one with HR, senior manager,and director. All three interviews had me walk them through my résumé. Standard question of why I was looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want from a job? What prompted you to get the promotion in your last job? Do you read any professional journals? What is fair lending? Who do you give presentations to and how often. Do you have experience with SaS? Do you have experience pulling data from other sources. Is it great volumes of data? Did you work with other departments?   View Answer

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2008.

i had a quick phone interview with HR. A short, 30 minute, interview with the hiring manager and came in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any tough/unexpected questions   View Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2008.

initial conversation, phone screen, group interview

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to come up with an architecture for a given problem   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
    The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Questions
    • No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2012.

Applied online, got an email asking for more info and a phone interview. The interview was behavioral. Mostly CV related and situation based questions. It went wel.

Customer Service and Sales Representa?tive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2012.

Submitted resume, had phone interview two days later and was invited to a 1:1 interview at the end of the phone interview.

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Pretty unorganized. Ended up getting put into a part of SNT I didn't want but over an awesome summer experience.

none

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Depew, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depew, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

hsbc was hiring tons of temps... i didn't even interview, I was just offered the position. it pays decent, so i accepted. several people, including myself, have no experience with mortgages.

Interview Questions
    i was offered $11/hr and got up to $14.