HSBC Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interviwed with HR at Texas and VP at buffalo. The VP asked Typical corp finance questions: experience with Balance Sheet and asset management.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Compliance Interview

Manager Compliance
Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews one with HR, senior manager,and director. All three interviews had me walk them through my résumé. Standard question of why I was looking for a job.

Interview Question – What do you want from a job? What prompted you to get the promotion in your last job? Do you read any professional journals? What is fair lending? Who do you give presentations to and how often. Do you have experience with SaS? Do you have experience pulling data from other sources. Is it great volumes of data? Did you work with other departments?   View Answer

Technology Manager Interview

Technology Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2008.

Interview Details – i had a quick phone interview with HR. A short, 30 minute, interview with the hiring manager and came in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – I don't recall any tough/unexpected questions   View Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2008.

Interview Details – initial conversation, phone screen, group interview

Interview Question – Was asked to come up with an architecture for a given problem   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Question – No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Graduate Development Program
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email asking for more info and a phone interview. The interview was behavioral. Mostly CV related and situation based questions. It went wel.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Representa?tive Interview

Customer Service and Sales Representa?tive
Tigard, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, had phone interview two days later and was invited to a 1:1 interview at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Global Markets Interview

Global Markets
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty unorganized. Ended up getting put into a part of SNT I didn't want but over an awesome summer experience.

Interview Question – General resume questions. Why Markets? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Processor Interview

Mortgage Processor
Depew, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

Interview Details – hsbc was hiring tons of temps... i didn't even interview, I was just offered the position. it pays decent, so i accepted. several people, including myself, have no experience with mortgages.

Interview Question – will you take this postition   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was offered $11/hr and got up to $14.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Interview Details – Professional, and organized

Interview Question – What do you think your most challenge situtation to overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good experience