HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

1,146 Interview Reviews

2.9

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Later, I got a call from the recruiter. After discussing my skills with the hiring manager I was called for an interview. It was very direct, the interviewer made me feel comfortable. As a result, I wasn't afraid and answered the questions with confidence.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

There was a brief phone call then the next step was a panel interview. The phone call was easy and the interviewer was very friendly and personable. When I went to the HSBC offices for the second interview, there was a panel of 3 people. Afterwards, I spoke with current participants in the development program. They were all very nice.

Regulatory Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2015.

Interview

honestly, don't think they knew what they want. I got 5 totally different job description from their website, the hr and three business interviewer. They were looking for accounting/finance background, but add the "sas is required" item after my final interview.

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

1. HR interview in Feb - If passed, they will notify u within a month 2. Line manager interview in June - If passed, u will get further call from HR within 3 days

Interview Questions

• For HR interview, its more about behaviour interview For Line manager, the questions are based on CV   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract period

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was introduced to the team at HSBC through a mutual friend. They recently had two positions open up for analyst roles so I was called in by the Senior Vice President of that division to interview at their main location in Manhattan. My first round of interviews that day was with two Assistant Vice Presidents of that division. After that, I met with the Senior Vice President that initially reached out to me. The beginning of the next work week, I was contacted for a follow-up interview with the two heads of the division. Interviews were lengthy and we mostly spoke about prior work history, academic achievements, and the like.

Interview Questions

• Can you define leverage for me?   1 Answer
    • How are your financial modeling skills? Are you able to learn new computer programs quickly?   1 Answer
    • If I were to show you financial statements right now (statement of cash flows, balance sheet, income statement), would you be able to navigate these documents and summarize this company's performance?   1 Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Phone followed by in person interview. Very specific technical requirements and lengthy discussion on Sdlc methodologies. Interview er looking for responses in smart format. Very interesting with information sharing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating as they exceeded my old salary by 10 percent

Senior Consultant Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HSBC is a Women oriented company with excellent job training and job growth opportunities. Job security is something that is not offered. Employees can work hard and not be rewarded. It is all about who you know not what you know. Wages are fair and benefits are awesome. Work from home opportunities are very helpful for parents.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance work and home given the amount of work on your plate?   1 Answer

Money

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was straightforward overall, but managed via a mix of phone calls, secure corporate emails, video conferences, and a final in-person interview. The questions (all but one, listed below) were straightforward and the interviewees were professional and courteous. The stages consisted of a phone screen, a one-on-one video interview, and a final in-person interview. The entire process lasted for roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to present information in a soft manner.   1 Answer

Global Markets Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back a couple weeks later. Everyone at the firm was extremely nice and they made the interview process enjoyable. Phone interview was way harder then the in person interviews. Need to have knowledge of current market and business news and make sure you can talk fluently about your resume. Was asked to go into great detail about a summer internship from the previous year.