HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

2.9

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Efficient process and incentivates people skills

Interview Questions
    • I belive if you are able to addapt ther are no difficult tasks   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Pretty unorganized. Ended up getting put into a part of SNT I didn't want but over an awesome summer experience.

none

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interviewed with a small group within HSBC for an analyst position in NY. The initial phone interview was actually more technical than the in-person interviews...there were a few questions on the stock market and bond pricing. After that I was called down to NY for a set of interviews that took about 2 hours. It was just a rotation through some of the team members for 1:1 interviews. All questions were fit, interest in finance, knowledge of HSBC, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Just know your story and know about HSBC.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2010.

Applied online.... got phone call.....went to interview....... got job. It's basic customer service that situational questions. Nothing to be scared about. The company had a great bonus structure.... but changed when the company changed the bonuses changed drastically.

straight forward.... hourly

Corporate Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prospect Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prospect Heights, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

Faxed a resume to CP and was called the same day for a phone interview. I was asked to come to a panel interview later in the week. I interviewed with a panel of 6. Basic questions about what I like to do when I'm not working and some technical questions about my current job.

Low offer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2009.

Very friendly people, but very rushed. I felt as if I was being processed, more than interviewed. Despite meeting a number of people and speaking to even more on the phone, they didn't have the common courtesy to call me to tell me their final decision. I received a form email and they never returned my follow-up phone calls. I know everyone's busy, but civility should be an absolute minimum.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your previous boss?   Answer Question
    • If you could change one thing about the way your previous boss handled business, what would it be?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2009.

it was a phone interview with three different managers in the department. one manager after another. some basic questions like weakness, strength and ask them questions..also be flexible..be willing to work ful time if the position has an option for full or part time..

Interview Questions
    intern so not much nego..

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Professional, and organized

Interview Questions
    • What do you think your most challenge situtation to overcome?   Answer Question
    Good experience

Credit Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2009.

Basic interview process, nothing too difficult. Mostly analytical.

Interview Questions
    • How do you do multi tasking? mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2008.

they asked me basic questions regarding financial statements accrual methods, dividend policies. what were the biggest amounts on a financial statement. lady was a bit rough around the edges though, think it might have been because of her lack of english skills though, regardless they were easy to interview with.