HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Professional, and organized

Interview Questions
    • What do you think your most challenge situtation to overcome?   Answer Question
    Good experience

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2011.

HR asked a couple of general questions, why leaving current position, resume related, tell me about your self, and about dott frank act etc..she was typing my answers ( i could hear her type).

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2011.

2 phone interviews and a super day interview with seven analysts senior and associate level. General Questions and some technical quesions, It helps to learn abt SAS

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2011.

Phone screening, then a few days later, on site interviewed, then a few days later, offer made and accepted, then backgound check and drug test. since the phone interview, it took about 3-4 weeks. on-site interview was overall nice. some technical questions.

Corporate Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prospect Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prospect Heights, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

Faxed a resume to CP and was called the same day for a phone interview. I was asked to come to a panel interview later in the week. I interviewed with a panel of 6. Basic questions about what I like to do when I'm not working and some technical questions about my current job.

Low offer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2010.

Went through resume,
    Asked questions pertaining to resume
    Why HSBC?
    Why the job function?
    Future career aspirations

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2010.

Asked questions like: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this area, why did you major in ___, why did you come to your univ.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2009.

it was a phone interview with three different managers in the department. one manager after another. some basic questions like weakness, strength and ask them questions..also be flexible..be willing to work ful time if the position has an option for full or part time..

Interview Questions
    intern so not much nego..

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2010.

The phone interview consisted of come basic statistics queries: if you have 9 socks in a drawer and 4 are black and 5 are red, what is the likelihood that the third sock you pick is red. Then there was the typical thinking questions of, "How many miles of highways are in the U.S."
    Its important to ask questions when doing any case study with HSBC. They have a pool of facts to feed you, but will withhold them if you don't ask. for them.
    Know a great deal about HSBC and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • There is a drawer with 9 socks, five black and four red, how many socks do you have to pick blindly before you know that you have a matching set.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2008.

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency recruiter who directly sent my resume to the hiring manager of HSBC Securities. I was brought in for an interview with the manager and some of the team, and then I was given a phone interview by an HR Coordinator

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company or in this specific role   View Answer
    • I see your background thus far has been engaged in consulting projects, why did you undertake so many and why do you now want a permanent role? (in my case I had undertaken three temp or project-based assignments before deciding to focus on procuring a full-time permanent role)   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate. In considering the offer, I would recommend you ask a lot of questions about the role, about recent projects that the group has undertaken, and the growth prospects in the role.