HSBC Holdings

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2011.

Phone screening, then a few days later, on site interviewed, then a few days later, offer made and accepted, then backgound check and drug test. since the phone interview, it took about 3-4 weeks. on-site interview was overall nice. some technical questions.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2010.

Went through resume,
    Asked questions pertaining to resume
    Why HSBC?
    Why the job function?
    Future career aspirations

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2010.

The phone interview consisted of come basic statistics queries: if you have 9 socks in a drawer and 4 are black and 5 are red, what is the likelihood that the third sock you pick is red. Then there was the typical thinking questions of, "How many miles of highways are in the U.S."
    Its important to ask questions when doing any case study with HSBC. They have a pool of facts to feed you, but will withhold them if you don't ask. for them.
    Know a great deal about HSBC and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • There is a drawer with 9 socks, five black and four red, how many socks do you have to pick blindly before you know that you have a matching set.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2010.

Asked questions like: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this area, why did you major in ___, why did you come to your univ.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
    The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Questions
    • No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Efficient process and incentivates people skills

Interview Questions
    • I belive if you are able to addapt ther are no difficult tasks   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Pretty unorganized. Ended up getting put into a part of SNT I didn't want but over an awesome summer experience.

none

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interviewed with a small group within HSBC for an analyst position in NY. The initial phone interview was actually more technical than the in-person interviews...there were a few questions on the stock market and bond pricing. After that I was called down to NY for a set of interviews that took about 2 hours. It was just a rotation through some of the team members for 1:1 interviews. All questions were fit, interest in finance, knowledge of HSBC, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Just know your story and know about HSBC.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2010.

Applied online.... got phone call.....went to interview....... got job. It's basic customer service that situational questions. Nothing to be scared about. The company had a great bonus structure.... but changed when the company changed the bonuses changed drastically.

straight forward.... hourly

Corporate Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prospect Heights, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Prospect Heights, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

Faxed a resume to CP and was called the same day for a phone interview. I was asked to come to a panel interview later in the week. I interviewed with a panel of 6. Basic questions about what I like to do when I'm not working and some technical questions about my current job.

Low offer