HSBC Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2011.

Interview Details – HR asked a couple of general questions, why leaving current position, resume related, tell me about your self, and about dott frank act etc..she was typing my answers ( i could hear her type).

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and a super day interview with seven analysts senior and associate level. General Questions and some technical quesions, It helps to learn abt SAS

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then a few days later, on site interviewed, then a few days later, offer made and accepted, then backgound check and drug test. since the phone interview, it took about 3-4 weeks. on-site interview was overall nice. some technical questions.

Interview Question – Some technical questions in Stats   Answer Question

Corporate Pilot Interview

Corporate Pilot
Prospect Heights, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

Interview Details – Faxed a resume to CP and was called the same day for a phone interview. I was asked to come to a panel interview later in the week. I interviewed with a panel of 6. Basic questions about what I like to do when I'm not working and some technical questions about my current job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for HSBC   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low offer

Finance Interview

Finance
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2010.

Interview Details – Went through resume,
Asked questions pertaining to resume
Why HSBC?
Why the job function?
Future career aspirations

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Infrastructure Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2010.

Interview Details – Asked questions like: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this area, why did you major in ___, why did you come to your univ.

Interview Question – why did you major in ___?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2009.

Interview Details – it was a phone interview with three different managers in the department. one manager after another. some basic questions like weakness, strength and ask them questions..also be flexible..be willing to work ful time if the position has an option for full or part time..

Interview Question – weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – intern so not much nego..

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview consisted of come basic statistics queries: if you have 9 socks in a drawer and 4 are black and 5 are red, what is the likelihood that the third sock you pick is red. Then there was the typical thinking questions of, "How many miles of highways are in the U.S."
Its important to ask questions when doing any case study with HSBC. They have a pool of facts to feed you, but will withhold them if you don't ask. for them.
Know a great deal about HSBC and why you want to work there.

Interview Question – There is a drawer with 9 socks, five black and four red, how many socks do you have to pick blindly before you know that you have a matching set.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a staffing agency recruiter who directly sent my resume to the hiring manager of HSBC Securities. I was brought in for an interview with the manager and some of the team, and then I was given a phone interview by an HR Coordinator

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company or in this specific role   View Answer
  • I see your background thus far has been engaged in consulting projects, why did you undertake so many and why do you now want a permanent role? (in my case I had undertaken three temp or project-based assignments before deciding to focus on procuring a full-time permanent role)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. In considering the offer, I would recommend you ask a lot of questions about the role, about recent projects that the group has undertaken, and the growth prospects in the role.

Capital Markets Interview

Capital Markets
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a small group within HSBC for an analyst position in NY. The initial phone interview was actually more technical than the in-person interviews...there were a few questions on the stock market and bond pricing. After that I was called down to NY for a set of interviews that took about 2 hours. It was just a rotation through some of the team members for 1:1 interviews. All questions were fit, interest in finance, knowledge of HSBC, etc.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. Just know your story and know about HSBC.   Answer Question