HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

2.9

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2010.

Interviewed with a small group within HSBC for an analyst position in NY. The initial phone interview was actually more technical than the in-person interviews...there were a few questions on the stock market and bond pricing. After that I was called down to NY for a set of interviews that took about 2 hours. It was just a rotation through some of the team members for 1:1 interviews. All questions were fit, interest in finance, knowledge of HSBC, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Just know your story and know about HSBC.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2008.

HR Recruiter -> Branch Manager -> District Manager

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2009.

Very friendly people, but very rushed. I felt as if I was being processed, more than interviewed. Despite meeting a number of people and speaking to even more on the phone, they didn't have the common courtesy to call me to tell me their final decision. I received a form email and they never returned my follow-up phone calls. I know everyone's busy, but civility should be an absolute minimum.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your previous boss?   Answer Question
    • If you could change one thing about the way your previous boss handled business, what would it be?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2007.

I had a phone interview for the new IT project they are working on. Received the call (not exactly at the appointed time) and after exchanging greetings, was asked in depth about the processes required to implement the product. The discussion was deep and appropriate to the topic. Interview was done by three persons. No personal interview was required after the telecon (I was the only one without personal discussion). They offered to choose one position out of three available which I did. Working conditions average.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

had my first interview over the phone and then I came in for a interview then i had to take atest, then they ask me to come back in to the interview to talk to the supervisor. AFter that I had to travel to another town and tak to their boss. OVerall a very detailed interview process

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2008.

The application process began with an online application that was similar to most other banks. The firm was very quick with its review of my application and cv (24 hrs). I then took an online set of tests, and was invited to a first round interview. There was a slight delay in being able to pick a time slot for the interview, but eventually more times were listed. The interview was by phone, and was entirely competency based questions. My interviewer was very friendly. I advanced past 1st round, after which my application went on to further review but did not progress past this state. I was not notified of why I was rejected.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2008.

they asked me basic questions regarding financial statements accrual methods, dividend policies. what were the biggest amounts on a financial statement. lady was a bit rough around the edges though, think it might have been because of her lack of english skills though, regardless they were easy to interview with.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oneida, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneida, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

The interview process was very exhausting. Phone screens, 3 interviews, extensive paperwork needed for background and credit checks. Drug testing, finger printing,

No negotiating.

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer