HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
1,143 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technology Service Interview

Interview

Interview Questions: Motivation: 1. What attracts you to HSBC? What about HSBC is different from other financial institutions? 2. Why do you choose a career in IT? 3. What is your future career goal? Personal Behaviour: 4. How to you deal with the situation where you have to finish a large amount of work within a tight time slot? 5. How do you deal with team members with different opinions about the team's work? 6. How do you gain a person's trust if he/she has tough demands for you?

Interview Questions

• There is no business case and questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Interview

First the interviewer asks me for basic introduction. Then come to questions about the company and the position you are applying, like why HSBC and why this division. There are also other questions about the company like what do you know know about HSBC and the major competitors. He also asks me about what qualities you possessed to make you suitable for this position.

Summer Work Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Phone Interview: Take around 30 mins Why do you want to work in HSBC? What are the core values of HSBC? How would you describe yourself to fit into HSBC? Length: ~30 min

Interview Questions

• Most of them are behavioral questions. There are no unexpected or difficult questions at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just passed the first round of phone interview. Second round interview is coming.

Premier Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (White Plains, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Slow process, Very sloppy questions, interviewer with absolutely no knowledge poor skills in how to interview. Really not happy how HSBC is screening people to hire, looks like they are not reading the resumes and instead of looking for talent they are looking for cheap labour.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC in April 2014. Interview Details – Applied at HSBC on a job fair. I got a call 3 months later, asking me if I was still interested. Some days later after the call they sent me a link for an online assessment test. Online assessment test was with question focused in aptitude and logical problems. You can find most of the questions with their answers through ‘the ultimate career interview’ in app store.

Interview Questions

• Second step was Panel Interview they wanted to know more about my personality and what my 5 year goals at HSBC are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus website. Two round interview. First round: on campus interview, very easy and casual interview, one-two people from HSBC come to the campus. Second round: Office interview, four people in row, thirty minutes slots each. Asking about your future career plan and some expert questions. They sent you some articles to read, and asked about the article. People there were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school/ major? What is you prevision of your career in five years?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Flushing, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

the recruiter will ask a series of questions and scenarios that are similar to those in the assessment test. They also asked me about my personality, what my career planning is, and asked me about my knowledge about the company. Towards the end, the recruiter asked me about what my expected salary and preferred working hours.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Horrible and drawn out told how bad company and management were from the get go. The management I interviewed with are unique, not much more I can say. The interview was spent telling me all negative feedback I should have believed them at the start.

Interview Questions

• Not much just personal get to know you   1 Answer

Negotiation

Weird very difficult not true to their offer

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I was presented this opportunity by AppleOne, a staffing agency. I interviewed once, with 3 of the legal assistants, my future coworkers. I believe I returned for a second interview for the main attorney I would be be reporting to.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience and how I handled conflict.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

had an online math test, two phone interviews, 5 consecutive 30 minute interviews. questions varied from behavioral to technical. a lot of the questions asked were fit based. few market questions asked. Know resume up and down. will be tested on it.