HSBC Holdings

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.9

Operational Risk Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Managers are very friendly and open to listening to your past experiences and what you can bring to the team. They will give you an overview of how the team is structured and what they do.

Not negotiable

Summer Analyst, Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

AC at HQ:
    1. Numerical test first, those who didn't meet the cut off were asked to leave (just after finishing the compensation form)
    2. Motivational interview: standard, there were people asked to leave after this too.
    3. Group discussion (case study): easy compared with other banks. A few were asked to leave after this.
    4. Technical interview: pretty fun, they adjust the questions to your qualifications.
    5. Competency interview: quite lengthy.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Well organised/communicated. All done via secure email. Directions/location/timing communicated clearly. Temp pass given on arrival. First level interview could be either 1:1 or panel. The hiring is process slightly longer I believe as I only went for the first level interview and waiting for the feedback.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied on-line. Took numerical test. A month later I was invited for a telephone interview which was standard competency based. After that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The AC:
    About 8 candidates. we took the numerical test again, and then had about 20 minutes to study a business case, which we had to present our opinions on to an employee. you have 4 interviews which candidates rotate between (analyst (competency), a line manager (technical), another manager (competency), and a HR guy (case study presentation))
    Very friendly and professional in general.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain about products offered by the division applied to   Answer Question

Bdp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2014.

Scheduled video interview with a third party outsourcing HR. Why HSBC? Why this position? Career Plan? How do you deal with time conflicts? What do you work with stranger? What's your opinion about relocation? How much do you know about this position? Questions are not that tough. Good preparation should be fine.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2014.

Passed online assessment and then Telephonic interview, got a call aftr 1.5months to say that I have cleared them.. and invited for Face to face interview. Very excited to know the outcome. Hopefully I'll get this job..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you were connected with the customer?   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2014.

Once passing the online application, you are given an online assessment, then onto a telephone interview if successful. Then it's onto the face to face interview. The online assessment mainly is a situation judgement test which tests whether you are a good candidate for demonstrating openness, being connected and dependable. The telephone interview is much more personal and is more focused on customer service and the main values of HSBC. Once passed, you may be considered for a face to face interview with the branch/ line manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you have had to be flexible?   View Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Senior Consultant Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

The hiring process required attending several interviews that took place over a series of weeks in meeting with various management and department personnel. I met with my future team members, my boss, as well as my boss's boss, a very senior person within the organization. Everyone that I met with was very professional and asked challenging questions as well as provided very insightful information regarding the specific role and working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions relating to use of scripting languages and related software packages.   Answer Question
    The offer included a competitive reward package.