HSBC Holdings Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
273 interviews

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2012.

Interview process was pretty straightforward and well organized. However, HR was all over the place - several mistakes on contract and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Which is your view on how the international economy will evolve in the next year?   View Answer
    • How do banks make money?   View Answers (2)
    I was not allowed any negotiation on salary. I managed to negotiate housing aid.

Wealth Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2013.

The whole process was very structured, starting with my online application. This was followed by online verbal and numerical reasoning tests, then a telephone based interview, and then a formal 1:1 interview, where I was asked to answer a number of 'criteria based' questions. There was one interviewer and one note taker. Efficient,professional and swift follow up

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you have personally identified a business risk and personally implemented a solution to mitigate that risk.   Answer Question

Collections Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Solihull, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

Filled out the form on their tallyo website. Received direct message to take an online assessment which was just a simple comprehension test where they give you a passage and ask you questions about it, giving true or false or none of the above answers. Then came the phone interview where they ask you to give examples of when you have been in certain situation that could come up while working for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have not agreed with a superior explaining why and what happened   Answer Question

Summer Market Analyst - Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

After the online application in September, I waited until December which is when I heard back from them for the first interview (phone), then in January I was invited to the Assessment Center in London. The phone interview was fairly straightforward, apart one or two questions. The AC consisted of the numerical test in the morning, an individual case study based on some macro research produced by HSBC and then 3 interviews (motivational/business interviews). The case study was not so difficult, only problem was time. However the lady to whom you had to present it was very relaxed and nice. What seemed odd to me was the very small amount of technical questions. Most of the interviews were centered around my motivation for becoming a trader and my soft skills, also a bit about general market trends (nothing too specific or hard).

Interview Questions
    • Who is to blame for the financial crisis?   View Answer

Analyst - Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

I applied through HSBC graduate web site. I've been invited to numerical test the day after and to a phone interview the day after I completed the test. The interview was mainly competency questions and HSBC based questions (a bit less than 1 hour) : why investment banking ? why HSBC ? why global markets ? why you ? which skills do you possess for the position ? why values are important in a corporation ? which values are important for a bank ? where will the world go in 2050 ? what will be the banking landscape at that time ? how it will impact HSBC ? how do you see yourself in the future ? what do you have to learn ? Tell me about a recent financial news. What was the impact on HSBC ? Tell me one quality you have for the position. Why is it a quality for the position ? Develop.

Interview Questions
    • where will the world go in 2050 ? what will be the banking landscape at that time ?   Answer Question

Executive Management Programmer Interview

Online application which was fairly simple and basic. If successful you will be invited to complete online numerical test and following this i was invited to a telephone inter view which was based on previous experience. Ensure you can demonstrate the openness, dependability and connected values clearly and specifically.

Global Asset Management Interview

Assessment Center - four interviews

Intern Interview

applied online, phone call the next day, interview within the week. Met about three people on the day. Results were known within two or three days.

Interview Questions
    • How does weaker yen affect the Japanese and Korean economy respectively? What are the three biggest economic problems that you think are relevant?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

It was done via telepresence.

Analyst Interview

Online application, phone interview, assessment centre. Phone interview was fine, competency based plus financial news. Assessment centre consisted of 3 interviews plus case study & presentation. Case study was hard, prepare by reading HSBC research.