HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.1

Discretionary Implementation Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Two stages. First stage meet the hiring manager, second stage meet the team. Fast feedback and relaxed environment. The 'person fit' was very important and future career goals were important in determining the final applicants. Once all interviews were complete, a week later a decision was made and we were told even if unsuccessful there may be other jobs available in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel will be the biggest challenge working within HSBC?   Answer Question

Other offer.

Manager - Internal Audit - Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interested in the experience and exposure listed on the CV. Not very friendly as a team and very boring to talk to. Leader didn't sell the role or the team.Senior managers not very competent, the regional leader runs the show others follow type attitude! Culturally I felt they are looking for a donkey's get the work done and move on! Not me, I have a brain I can think and judge too!. Unprofessional , called me for a face to face didn't show up and didn't have a video conference room setup either. Ended up doing a conference call with a video chat on the laptop! Chaos!

Interview Questions

• -why the move, experience in the last 12 months what's been covered. Challenges faced in the existing role, competency questions , give example of influencing and get team buy in to do something , example of adaptability , things that didn't work out to plan , effectively managed an audit and what worked well.   Answer Question

Didn't want to work for such leadership! Yes it's HSBC ! Yes it's commercial banking but the team and their leader is a joke. Could see added value for me to develop as a professional. Plus given the leader has her guys from the old employer likely to have favoritism

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I met with the secretarial manager for 45 mins and was offered the job through my agency an hour later. I tried to negotiate a very slight increase on hourly rate but was denied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If going for a temp to perm role, ensure this is in writing with a timeframe.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day assessment centre. Psychometric test, case studies and a motivational interview in the morning. Two rounds of technical interviews in the afternoon. Lots of waiting around between interviews. The atmosphere was fairly relaxed and cordial overall. The lunch was pretty nice as well. They will ask people who don't pass the psychometric test and those who didn't do well during the case studies to leave after lunch,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview which took for 40 to 50 minutes. The call was from London and the available timeslots for the interview can be even in the evening like 21:00 in local time there. Throughout the whole process it was pretty smooth at all, and don't afraid of speaking much that they won't strictly count the time limit of the whole interview within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why have you applied for HSBC and why Capital Financing? 2. What do you expect from the program? 3. Please tell me one of the recent financial news you were interested in? and how would this affect HSBC? 4. What will the banking landscape be like in 2050? 5. Why do you think companies have core values? 6. What are the HSBC values? And if you were successful, how would you demonstrate these values? 7. Tell me a time when you have shown adaptability or changes of culture? What did you learn from that experience? 8. What are your strengths? 9. A time when you motivated someone to do something outside his or her comfort zone? What did you learn from that experience? 10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 11. What values would you be able to bring to HSBC? 12. What characteristics do you think is most important to be successful as an analyst in your chosen field?   Answer Question

Retail and Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Applicaiton Online Test Telephone Interview Assessment Centre Then once these stages have been completed you will be offered a job soon after. Telephone interview was fairly straight forward, much like you would expect any telephone interview to be about (about you and the company) (Make sure you know their 3 values)

Interview Questions

• There was no real interview it was more analysis and group work that had to be completed   1 Answer

Global Asset Management, Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

4 round of interviews. One motivational, one case-study presentation, two technical interviews.Case-study is about four solutions and you choose one to present. The motivational is quite normal but ask you details. One technical interview is really about commercial awareness. The other one contains fewer questions and is also similar to motivational.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think are necessary for the role? What challenges you have encountered?   Answer Question

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. 1 on phone went well. 2 face to face with seniors also went well. 3 presentation given the subject training went well. Was given extensive material and information.

Interview Questions

• What training experience did I have. What experience did I have in the area to be covered.   1 Answer

Retail Banking and Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, mostly form filling and CV sending. Make sure your CV is checked by someone who knows what their doing. Maths and problem solving online exam. Google them and get experience. Don't do the HSBC one until you're confident. Telephone interview. (See below) Assessment centre

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview was all about motivation and company knowledge Assessment centre had no prior knowledge requirements and was simply a set of team building and one on one assignments.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited but the pay is reasonable for a graduate position so if I was you I'd take the first offer and be grateful you have somewhere to get experience (unless you have multiple offers)

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First I applied online, then done a values test online, I did not have to complete a maths test. Then got a phone interview a week later which is based on the values just prepare different examples. Then a few weeks later I had an interview one on one. They were very pleasant and it felt like they really wanted to know you unlike other bank group interviews I have been to. I would give it a 10/10.The process is abit long but that's what its like when you apply for a bank :) I'm just waiting for my checks and training then I'm all ready.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary was better than I thought it will be.