HSBC Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Salinas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter from posted resume on Monster. Received invitation to interview. Interview lasted all day long, really!
I received an offer 2 days later. Started work 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – There were several proprietary questions I could not answer. Most others had to do with experience or what would you do if . . .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. Brief

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details – There is a lack of human contact in the recruitment process at HSBC.

I've done 4 on-line tests - 2 verbal reasoning, a numerical reasoning, a proofreading. I was informed I'd passed the tests when I emailed. I also inquired whether that meant that I would be interviewed. I didn't get a response and it's been months since passing the tests.

Interview Question – Awkward, clunky and inconvenient automated recruitment process with a lack of human interaction

Automated electronic messages - making you log on to their website to read their message each time. If you don't read each of them in time, you could miss out on an on-line test which they give a short time frame to do. All the automated messages emailed to you look the same - rejection, thank you for application, test invitation all read as below:

You have received a message from HSBC which has been delivered to you via our secure message service as a continued effort from us to protect your personal information. To access your message, please click here, enter your login details then click on the My Messages tab.

If you experience any difficulty using the link, simply access your profile to view your messages. You will be notified each time you have a new message.

Kind regards,

HSBC

Automated telephoning - call are made to your number and no clue is given regarding which job application it is referring to or whether you have an interview. When you call back, there's an automated message saying the voicemail box is full and you are asked to call back another time. Of course when you call back another time, the voicemail box is still full!!
  View Answer

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!