HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Mettawa, IL

2.5

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed up by an in person interview with approximately 6 people

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone calls, no in-person reviews.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

3 interviews one with HR, senior manager,and director. All three interviews had me walk them through my résumé. Standard question of why I was looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from a job? What prompted you to get the promotion in your last job? Do you read any professional journals? What is fair lending? Who do you give presentations to and how often. Do you have experience with SaS? Do you have experience pulling data from other sources. Is it great volumes of data? Did you work with other departments?   1 Answer

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Took 2 months. Phone interview with Human Resources. Met with both Directors and then the Department Head. Not difficult as it became clear none of the individuals had any experience conducting an interview. They ask few question and did most of the speaking. It would be a sign of things to come when I later worked in the department.

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it attitude by the department head.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Company contacted me to interview for the position. Setup interview time and date. Asked how I would be a fit for the postion. I only met with the HR contact. She explained the work enviroment. They have a green building. Most people work from home 2 to 3 days a week. They have a cashless building. You need to use a debt or credit card. No cash is used in the building.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think would help you in this position.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the post online on hsbc careers website. Heard back from them within a week. The initial call gave me an opportunity to ask about the profile and the pay range. The HR got all the background information and setup a call. The technical interview was setup within a week and took about an hour. It was purely technical in nature and some of them were experience based. After the interviewers approved my candidature, the manager called me and set the expectations that were required of this position. The expectations were very clear and there were no surprises. The verbal offer came in a few days but the HR never sent the actual offer in the email (fell through the cracks). After salary negotiations I finally accepted the offer and was asked to fill a few forms for background checks and was asked to take drug test.

Interview Questions

• For vision plus profile: Mostly application related at high level and core mainframe questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

The raise from my previous job was significant and the management thought it to be fair offer. They were firm on the offer. I accepted.

Manager Financial & Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Respectful however bureautic

Interview Questions

Negotiation

lengthy process

Vice President - Operational Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I had a previous working relationship with him.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

it was a phone interview with three different managers in the department. one manager after another. some basic questions like weakness, strength and ask them questions..also be flexible..be willing to work ful time if the position has an option for full or part time..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

intern so not much nego..

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Professional, and organized

Interview Questions

• What do you think your most challenge situtation to overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good experience