HSBC - Hongkong Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied on the company website and had a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard. There were a lot of behavioural questions and a few technical questions. Went through your resume, introduce yourself, teamwork experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The whole process took around three to four weeks. Just be well-prepared.

Global Asset Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2014.

after taking the online test, there is a telephone interview. basic behavioral questions, focuses a lot on business culture. no technical questions. The phone was from UK, therefore the interviewer has some English accent. The interviewer is very nice. The whole process lasts for 30 minutes and more than 10 questions are asked. Not very challenging but require some understanding of the financial trend.

Technology Service Interview

Interview Questions:
    Motivation:
    1. What attracts you to HSBC? What about HSBC is different from other financial institutions?
    2. Why do you choose a career in IT?
    3. What is your future career goal?

Personal Behaviour:
    4. How to you deal with the situation where you have to finish a large amount of work within a tight time slot?
    5. How do you deal with team members with different opinions about the team's work?
    6. How do you gain a person's trust if he/she has tough demands for you?

Interview Questions
    • There is no business case and questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Summer Work Experience Interview

Phone Interview: Take around 30 mins
    Why do you want to work in HSBC?
    What are the core values of HSBC?
    How would you describe yourself to fit into HSBC?

Length: ~30 min

Interview Questions
    • Most of them are behavioral questions. There are no unexpected or difficult questions at all.   Answer Question
    I just passed the first round of phone interview. Second round interview is coming.

Co-op Placement Interview

Application as usual
    Aptitude Test
    Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Are you applying for any similar interns at other banks or finance organization?   Answer Question

Middle Office Intern Interview

internship application through referral no interview needed just resume

Commercial Banking Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Started with numerical and reasoning tests, then came an interview with HR which covered questions about what HSBC does and why you want to work for HSBC. Finally there was an interview with relatively senior management in the department, which had some overlap with the questions asked by HR, and going through your resume in greater detail.

Regional Specialist Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

After applying online, I received a invitation for online assessment including verbal and quantitative part. Then I was arranged a 30-min phone interview from Hong Kong Office, asking behavior questions. I stopped at this stage. Be careful for the interview time. "CST" in the email is not the central standard time in US. It's the China Standard Time.

Global Risk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in October 2013.

I scheduled an Initial phone interview online after completing two sets of online test. The process took around one week. It was mostly behavioral questions by HR. Seems like the HR was simply asking question and did not respond to any of my answers. But overall very typical behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

2 phone interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Mostly easy questions, why i wanted the job, why HSBC etc. Technical was also very easy and more of a formality than anything.