Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at HSN
- HSN Work At Home Sales Representative (10)
- Customer Service Representative (8)
- WAH Sales/Service Representative (8)
- Customer Service Hybrid (6)
- Work At Home Customer Service (3)
- Work At Home Sales Representative (3)
- On Air Coordinator (2)
- Software Engineer III (2)
- Operations Analyst (1)
- Construction Management (1)
- Associate Buyer (1)
- Associate Producer (1)
- Customer Service Hybrid FT (1)
- Graduate Intern At the Strategic Alliances Department (Marketing) (1)
- Show Planner/Assistant Merchandise Planner (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Production Technician (1)
- Bilingual Customer Service (1)
- Exploratory (1)
- Industrial Engineering Intern (1)
- Universal Resentative (1)
- Senior Manager, ECommerce Strategy (1)
- Post Production Artist (1)
- Merchandising Internship (1)
- On-air Producer (1)
- WAH Sales Representative (1)
- Digital Content Producer (1)
- Intern (1)
- Merchandise Assistant (1)
- Merchandise Planner (1)
- No OfferNeutral Experience
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSN.
Applied in March, got a call in August . Scheduled a interview from a recruiter. After that interviewed with senior buyer on Skype, phone interview with another manager , then lastly VP. waited a week and emailed my recruiter. Emailed me back saying he wanted to schedule an interview but didn't call me on the scheduled time. Not sure if he was busy but it's kind of annoying to leave people the waiting game.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSN in September 2015.
I recently had an exploratory interview. The recruiter was super knowledgeable, took 40 mins over the scheduled time to really explain the company to me. I was truly impressed. Not only did she take ample time to learn about me, but she answered any and all questions I had about the company. She was really thorough and one of the best recruiters I have ever encountered.
- Why are you interested in hsn? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Nashville, TN).
Applied online via their website, in June. Weeks went by and not a word. I go on their Facebook page, HSN careers and send a private message asking when the next new hire class would start and if they're hiring in TN. They immed respo ded, saying I would be invited for an interview. Sure enough, log into the career page and set it up for 830AM next day. The interviewer called me 8min late, apoligized and continued. She first told me about the hours, position (you have to upsell on every call etc). She then asked me a set of questions about real life work scenarios...it was intense! Every question pertained to either difficult employees, sups, conflict or customers. How I dealt with them etc. Almost every ques she rushed me to answer and kept interrupting me, telling me were already behind and she had a list of ppl to call after me. She wouldn't even let me tell her the situation, just outcome. She asked like 10 or so of these questions. Then we went online and I logged in with a code on Go to Meeting. A page came up with basically a scenario of the "role play" I would be doing with her...She asked me to read it and let her know when I was finished. Then I heard a dial tone. She called me back, not sure what happened, I told her I needed to finish reading and again she rushed me, saying we'd already taken up too much time! Argh! So going in almost "blind", I proceeded. You have to go onto their website and copy/paste the item # on some hangers. Problem is, when you hit Alt/Tab and try to shuffle back to the call screen, the Go to Meeting won't let you. It keeps the HSN site on top of call screen and its not on its own tab to click on. This caused me time, figuring call screen wasn't on its own tab. The interviewer reviewed my performance and kept saying, "You just weren't EFFICIENT enough" She told me my customer service and upsell was good but they're really looking for ppl who are quick and can navigate thru several screens quickly. :(
- Tell me about a time you had conflict with a supervisor and how you dealt with it 1 Answer
- Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with the situation Answer Question
- Tell me about a time you have a disagreement with management about your productivity Answer Question
- Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you dealt with it Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at HSN.
2 hour interview. Interviewer not prepared and informed me interview would continue the next day. Had to scramble for coverage at other job to be home for completion of HSN interview process. Was offered the position but interviewer dropped the ball and no new employee paperwork arrived. Contacted HR to find out I was out of compliance for drug test timeframe due to "falling through the cracks." Again had to scramble at other job to immediately travel 1 hour to drug testing location.
- How many icons do you see on your desktop (seriously!) Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSN (Toledo, OH) in July 2015.
For the work at home positions they go over your resume, ask you experience related questions, customer service questions, give you details about the duties, and test you. They test you by giving you remote access to their computer screen from your computer and you go over a mock "sale". It is quite easy to do as long as you can type while talking, since the position will require it. Once that was over the interviewer gave me information on the schedule, pay rate, benefits and offered the position.
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.
Interview process was really simple and only lasted about 15 minutes. Interview was done through Hire Vue, which is basically a digital interview that is done at home using your computer camera. I applied and took the assessment test on the same day. A few hours later I received an email with instructions to set up and complete an interview. I still haven't heard back from them and it's been over two weeks since the interview.
- Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. Explain the situation and how you handled it? Are you able to commit to 6 weeks of training with very strict attendance? Why would you be a good fit for this position? The pay rate is $10.30 per hour with potential incentives. Are you okay with that?j Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSN (Nash, TN) in July 2015.
Phone interview was easier process than expected. I was asked some basic questions drawing from my previous experience dealing with customers (particularly difficult customers) as well as issues dealing with management. The entire interview was about an hour. Nice interviewer, very informative, I look forward to working with this company.
- What do you makes for successful transaction with a customer? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.
The interview had a fake smile, and rush me thru the interview. She kept saying, I have back to back interviews. When, I ask could I take notes, she said "no!" At the end of the interview, she asked did I have questions, I begin to ask question she "said, I don't have time and I don't know anything about the other department. I have more interviews to do, so I begin to close up my portfolio, and she begin to say " What question do you have. However, by that time with her negative action, and fake interest from the beginning, and she also talked very negative about the position. I thought either she doesn't like her job or she just simply did not like me. Whatever, the case, I hope they truly find the individual because the new CEO is trying to build the company, I can say that I feel that this young lady is truly working against the cause.
- We did role play. I was given a very insulting feedback, because, I placed the her on hold, to retrieve the information. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
After reading about the company culture, I felt as though, the face of the company is the recruiter, and I felt that she did not give the company a positive look and I felt discriminated against, by the recruiter personally.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.
First phone interview. Recruiter asked: Tell me about yourself. Why do you think you would be good working in this position? What do you do in your current position? How have you handled a really difficult customer and what was the outcome? Other general questions. Finished with I would hear within a week if they were interested.
- This position only pays $1.55 less than what you are making. Can you take a cut in pay? Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Toledo, OH) in June 2015.
Girl acted like it was the 100th interview and she really did not care because I was a man. I was totally qualified in every way for this job ,but I think they just want to hire young millennials and college women or someone that sounds nice on the phone yes this company is for sure discriminating do not waste your time- She acted like I was hiring to work as a nuclear physicist- truth is a monkey that can answer the phone could handle the job.
- 1.) What is one of your biggest mistakes on the job and how would you handle it? 2.) If you got in an argument with your boss how would you handle it? 3.) an Employee? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review