HSN Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Typical bait and switch
    They advertised and interviewed me for Senior Software Engineer and in the offer letter they had mentioned Software Engineer. When asked they it is their norm and they will promote me in 6 months (which never happened)

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was good , one needed to have working experience to pass their technical interview.
      In the interview with management , they forgot to tell me that I need to be in on-call support every 5th week and I came to know this after joining them.

Answer Question

WAH Sales/Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSN in May 2014.

Interview

One online test then one interview. Hired on the spot after the interview over the phone that consisted of a remote desktop connection. This was my second time trying for the position and this time it seemed much easier.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions.   4 Answers

Negotiation

Easy negotiation. They asked what two days off I would like. I told them and I got them. They also wanted to know if there was any days that I would need off in the next six months so they could approve them, I had none to give.

Senior Programmer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

One interview. Not particularly difficult, but I think it depends on what division of IT you are interviewing in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was straightforward

WAH Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSN.

Interview

Easy process..expect to spend about an hour on the phone for the main interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing really to negotiate

Work At Home Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

You apply online and if you qualify you receive an email stating that you will be set up with a phone interview. The phone interview lasts about 20 minutes and if the recruiter likes you she tells you to come in within 24 hours for an onsite drug test.

WAH Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HSN (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Completed application and was contacted about a month or so later. Self scheduled interview time. Interview consisted of overview of position, training times, pay, and schedule. Did about 6-7 situational questions and then a mock call. Also navigated through the website and had to find information.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions were asked. If you are not prepared, these may stump you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is addressed at beginning of interview.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Initial Interview was with a recruiter who asked your basic questions about what you're passionate about, what you like about your current job and what you're good at. She was very friendly and the whole process took about 40 minutes once she got done tell me about the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a chance to look at our digital platforms or apps?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Fill out some information online and there will be a questionnaire and then a mach home office set up where you have to maneuver around the desktop and take fake calls, after you have passed all of that, you will be set up for a Phone interview were you can pick your time and even reschedule if need be.

Interview Questions

• Everything is pretty easy, just make sure you have all the technical requirements including a home phone line.   Answer Question

WAH Sales/Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSN in January 2014.

Interview

Easy. They called me, interview was a phone only and then a sort of show your skills with navigating windows, outlook, office, etc. nothing crazy. We had a mock call and a feedback session. And before the close of the call she offered training

Interview Questions

• Nothing, this was pretty straight forward. Asked about situation/ reactions to difficult customers or technical issues at home   Answer Question

Negotiation

Exchange of emails

Customer Service Hybrid Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSN in January 2014.

Interview

If you can talk on a phone and type, you will probably get the job. They just ask you to navigate to an item on the website, and you have to up sell an item that goes with it during a "mock" phone call between you and the interviewer. It's really easy to get this job, but it's also very easy to lose it.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a call center before?   1 Answer