HSS Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSS

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at HSS.

Interview

Overall it was a smooth process. Everyone was very professional and nice to talk to. It took about two weeks or so. Nice environment. Not too much questions, mostly past experiences and skills. Very relaxing and personal as well. Good experience.

Security Officer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at HSS (Livermore, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The initial contact with HSS Security was via an email invitation from the employer which detailed a link to a very poorly written craigslist post describing a "job fair" being held and for "all applicants who have not applied within the last 6 months" encouraged to apply. I had a very similar experience to the interviewer in Colorado including the fact that I was more dressed appropriately than other applicants. Some differences. Since this was a job fair and there were a high number of applicants we were all corralled into a big conference room and bombarded with a looped HSS Security video and applicants were required to sign in prior to sitting down to fill out a written application. This process took about an hour and a half even though I had long since completed the written application along with reviewing the company newsletter and other information. I was then called into a side office for an interview. The "recruiter" never looked up once from his notepad during the entire duration of the interview which I felt was very unprofessional and frankly odd. I gave the interviewer my resume and was even offered the position, The exact words were "I will have to call the site to see what openings we have in the schedule". I thanked the interviewer who finally looked up after I shook his hand. I went to the receptionist and explained that I was offered a position and she was puzzled as to why I did not have to fill out any additional paperwork. This was a holiday weekend and I figured I would be contacted promptly via phone the following tuesday. I was. With an cold email stating that I was "not selected", I highly discourage anyone with years of experience in private and government security from wasting time with this unprofessional employer in Livermore, CA. I can't speak for other branches as HSS Security seems to be a reputable company just not here.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in security do you have?   Answer Question
    • Were you ever fired or discharged against your will from a positon?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at HSS (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially received a phone call where the recruiter asked me a few questions such as what I knew about the company, how much I wanted to make ($12-12.50 is starting pay), and what shifts I would be available to work. After our quick conversation, She invited me to a 1:1 interview with another recruiter for the next day. The dress was suppose to be business professional, but I showed up in a full suit and did not see anyone else who came close to matching my attire.

When I showed up for my 1:1 interview, I was handed a piece of paper by the receptionist and asked to fill it out and turn it back into her. It asked for me to describe why I wanted to work for HSS in 50 words or more. You have to use a pen, so write neatly and look at the walls if you need to spell something correctly (lots of posters)

Once completed, I sat around for about 10 minutes until the recruiter came to get me. She took me to a small office where we sat down and began the interview. She once again asked why I wanted to work for HSS (focus on customer service and promotion from within). She then asked how I have gone above and beyond in a customer service role and how I would handle a conflict. The other questions were all the typical could you pass a drug test, do you want an armed or unarmed position (you buy your own firearm), can you lift up to 80 lbs, etc. After she was done I went on and asked about 5 questions all pertaining to health benefits, job duties, promotion potential, etc., and the interviewer kindly answered them all to the best of her ability.

She offered me a position right there, however, I was upfront in the phone interview and told them I was waiting to hear back from another job opportunity. She asked me in the 1:1 interview, which job I would accept if offered both, and I was honest and told her the other position. She was not offended and politely asked when I expected to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict?   1 Answer
    • Explain how you have gone above and beyond in a customer service role   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not see much wiggle room for any negotiation.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSS (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The nurse recruiter is great. She is really nice and easy to talk to and didn't make me nervous at all. She is very friendly. Her name is Janice. You need to apply online at hss.edu/careers.asp

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask me any stupid interview questions like what are my weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is not negotiable. They give you an offer and you take it or leave it.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSS in December 2009.

Interview

You get a phone call from a recruiter first, and answer their interview questions (mostly standard "Why should we hire you?" "What is your biggest strength" type interview questions.) Then you take an online personality test, and then you get a one-on-one interview with the program manager, where they ask you questions like "can you work with or under all different kinds of people?" and more standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer