HSS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

1.9

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSS.

Interview

Aoolied online got called for phone i terview then was told to come in for face to face interview got offered position toik it then was told to do health screening for eyes ears drug test and background check waited on background when it came i then went to do my fingerprinting and had to wait on that to come back then went and got my badge then uniform after that started 3 day training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSS (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to their office, filled out a questionnaire and spoke with the old program manager. It was a pretty simple and stress free process. He explained a few other things about the contract and some other positions they have. The whole process was fairly quick and easy. They were interviewing a lot of other people at the time so I did have to wait past my scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to look professional?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSS in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview within 3-4 days. Interview was fairly easy and asked basic interview questions that mainly focused on customer service. Previous security experience did not seem to be a priority as long as you are pleasant have good communication and people skills. After interview questions were completed I was told about the hours available and told that I would receive a call within a day or two. Exactly 2 days later I receive another phone call with a conditional job offer and date to attend New Hire Orientation. After conditional offer: background check, drug test, medical clearance( vaccinations and TB tests) paid by company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation you either accept or refuse.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSS (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviews are generally conducted by the account manager, one time only. You will be asked about your skills, asked to define "integrity", and given various scenario-based questions. The last question is "Tell us why we should hire you." This is your chance to stand out from other candidates, so be prepared for that one with something that isn't already in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if a co-worker complains to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Management positions offer the opportunity to negotiate on salary, security officer positions do not.

Biomedical Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSS in December 2012.

Interview

IT was about an hour long interview with the recruiter. I think it was fairly standard.The process does go by fast. If they want you, you will know it. Once the phone interview is complete, you will go to the corporate office for a panel interview and to finalize things. If they pay for your trip, you're probably already hired.

Interview Questions

• HSS asks the basic questions that you encounter. They may ask you to give examples of your work history in certain situations.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSS (Arlington, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was 3 interviews first with a low level HR employee then two with the area manager. The process was two days long at a local hotel chain and it was a mass hiring event. There were over 100 people there to interview for the positions. Alomost none of the potential candidates were in proper interview attire, and though the staff made the atmosphere very non formal they did not spend much time with those that did not bother to dress the part. After the interviews I recieved my offer of employment the salary was static so I accepted and began all paperwork and training the next day at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• In an intense situation how do you respond fight or flight?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutly no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSS (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and then contacted a friend working for the company. That friend put me in contact with the HR manager who hires all the officers. He brought me into the office for a 20 minute standard interview questions. After the interview. I waited a few days for the job offer. Then I had to go get a uniform at the office. I was set up with a schedule. I was put through their training course for 2 days.

Security Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSS (Denver, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for an internal position. After online application, spoke to HR, then to the Facility Supervisor/Manager via phone. We then met onsite and toured the facility as well as meeting some of the team I'd manage if I got the job. I was able to have some good discussions about pros and cons of the facility I was at vs the one I was going to, along with differences in shift scheduling, equipment etc. I Received my offer a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - standard questions about team management, client relations, and dealing with difficult patients or visitors. Be upfront about any past disciplinary or counselling you received in the company, and explain what happened as well as how you've improved since then.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, fixed pay rates. Main thing we discussed was a suitable start date which was coordinated with my current facility.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSS.

Interview

While experience in Security, Military, or Law Enforcement are preferred, they are by no means required. The interview is much like the interview for any other job -- Your personality is being evaluated more than your qualifications. Hiring hot-headed brawlers is something the company wants to avoid, so as long as you appear to be calm, analytical, and level-headed, you will likely find a position in the company. Your size and fitness are apparently meaningless -- I have seen a staggering number of Security Officers weighing less than 100 lbs., and several over 300 lbs.

Interview Questions

• There are several questions where the interviewer creates an impossibly difficult scenario and asks how you'd handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little negotiation. They make you an offer and you either accept, or refuse and find another employer.