HTC

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.1

Territory Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HTC.

Applied online. Got a call about the position, normal stuff. Gave me a task to create a PowerPoint for him and a few other people to present to. Told me everything he wanted in the PowerPoint 30,60,90 day action plan. Go to the interview it's done in the lobby of a hotel, the guy was 15mins late to interview me, on top of all that he criticized my PowerPoint and said it wouldnt work WHEN CLEARLY ITS WHAT HE ASKED TO SEE!! Told me how I'd sell htc over Samsung and basically the only tactics they have is push it and pray to God the customer changes their mind! Never told me it was for 1000 locations, lead me blind and gave horrible expectations to the interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you up sell a customer to htc when Samsung is offering a phone and tablet   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

just asking technical question and I reply great and gentle.
    After 5 days, HR will contact to you and tell how godd you did.
    Whole process is clean and fast. You really know the C and java

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HTC in September 2014.

I applied for the position online and received an email from the recruiter inviting me to chat about the position. The call was a mini interview in and of itself and went well. A phone interview with the hiring manager followed. It was a great, informative discussion and I was invited to come in for a portfolio review/in-person interviews.

The in-person experience was fun. The most surprising part of it was that the entire studio attended the portfolio review. It was a little intimidating at first, but the people were fun and friendly, which made the experience very positive.

They saved time by having two to three people interview me at a time, which I appreciated. They didn't "grill" me, and were very good at answering my questions. They were passionate about user experience and their product. Lots of great energy and passion.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward. I didn't feel ambushed, nor had to answer any pie-in-the-sky questions companies like Amazon are famous for.   Answer Question
    HTC communicated interest in hiring me and we're in the super early stages of negotiation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can negotiate a happy medium.

Technical Evangelist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HTC.

Started with contact from contract recruiter who asked pretty typical questions over the phone. Then with in person interview with HR rep and the hiring manager. I think they hired someone very similar to me but 10 years younger. While you got to love HTC for astonishingly avoiding the Microsoft OEM curse of low low profit margins and inevitable demise, my sense was that of place low on perks or true innovative guts.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HTC.

Had one phone screening with the recruiter, one with one of the lead MEs on the San Francisco team, then went in for two separate in person interviews. The first in person interview was in front of a panel of different ME and product design engineers on the team. Pretty easy, and no difficult questions. The second interview was with 2 partners who were higher up. Neither interview was difficult, but I was told that they had decided to offer the position to someone more junior.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very friendly and there weren't any gotcha qusetions.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

The interview process had a lot of waiting and changes to the JD. Hiring decision took a long time to be made and a longer time to be signed. Recommend lots of patience.

Digital Customer Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HTC in July 2012.

First a screening call over the phone, followed by an invitation into the office for a mix of panel and individual interviews. The questions were very focused on what I would do in particular scenarios. Overall pretty challenging. The entire interview on site took about 4 hours

Following this, I was asked to prepare a last minute presentation for some VPs. I was given the task the night before and asked to present at 9AM the following day. Talk about stressful. I spent the better part of that night working on that.

I was told that I did an outstanding job presenting and asked to come back in to meet with another VP the following week in person. That went fine.

A week afterwards, I heard back from recruiting. They said the job was mine and we discussed compensation. I countered and they went back to discuss this with their team. I didn't hear back anything until I proactively contacted them to find out about the next steps. They then called me back three days later saying that the role was no longer available.

Interview Questions
    • If a rather issue (can't remember the exact wording) happened and you had to respond without the ability to refer to anyone else, what would you do?   Answer Question

Mysql Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HTC in December 2011.

The interview process for me started with a telephone screen conducted by the Dashwire recruiter. This person basically just called to ask about how I heard about the position, what I knew about the company, what my salary expectations were and what my current availability was.

After my telephone screen with the recruiter I was scheduled for a technical phone screen with the current Lead DBA/System Administrator. In addition to going over my previous experience and telling me about the company, this person also asked several technical question related to taking backups, replication, and ways to increase and/or optimize performance of databases.

The last step for me was a series of group/panel interviews. During these interviews I met with different members of the dashwire team. The interviews were a bit mixed as to the type of questions. For example, some of the developers asked technical questions related to their specific work. Like, how to optimize a query. Others asked more managerial questions, like "what is your greatest strenght, weaknesses."

Overall I felt I had a very positive experience. Everyone that I met at Dashwire was extremely polite and full of energy. The company was recently bought out by HTC but, from my understanding, is being kept as a separate entity. Thus, the start-up mentality of the company still exists. However, the egos are not as bad as they can be with some start-ups. The environment seems to be very collaborative with a very flat management structure and open workspace. Thus, if you hate it when a developer walks over and asks you a questions... stay away from here.

I didn't get the position, as they were looking for more of a System Administrator/DBA Hybrid. However, I am not bitter. Dashwire seems to be a great company and an awesome place to work. I encourage anyone interested to apply.

Interview Questions
    • If a parent record was accidentally deleted without removing the child records, what query could you use to determine what records were "orphaned".   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HTC in November 2011.

On-Campus interview with two technical questions. We ran out of time and I didn't even get to explain what I was looking for career wise or get to ask the interviewer any questions. The interviewer seemed to be annoyed that he was stuck with recruiting and wasn't very helpful when I asked a question about the problem he gave me.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of integers, find all the pairs that add up to a certain integer.
      Ex: Given {5,5,3,1,6,7,5} with a sum int of 10 the pairs would be {5,5}, {5,5}, {3,7}, and {5,5}

Answer Question
    • Reverse a string in C without storing the length of the string in any variable. Must run in O(N)   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HTC in April 2011.

Internal referral for the position. Process began with an initial phone interview with the team's recruiter, discussing background, interests, etc. After that had a one on one with the hiring manager and again met with the recruiter. Spent roughly 90 minutes with the hiring manager discussing the role, background, and how I might approach different problems. After the interview the hiring manager gave me a "take-home case" assignment to work on, send back, and discuss during the next round of interviews. It was a very abstract assignment but intended to see how one would go about distilling a wide range of data into concise actionable points. Was given 48 hours to do the assignment.

Next round of interviews consisted of an hour with another member of the team, going over the case presentation that I had sent back earlier. After that spent an hour on the phone with one other member of the team, this time discussing motivation for the role (as someone switching industries), etc. The last interview was on a Friday, offer was made the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • How would you distill disparate qualitative information into an actionable set of easily understood points?   Answer Question