HUB International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three or four interviews
    Phone interview first, three more interviews with different individuals in the company.
    Process was lengthy but fair.
    Interviewers will assess your critical reasoning skills and ability to deal with high profile clients.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about specific scenarios and situations.   Answer Question

Help Desk/Applications Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HUB International (Billings, MT) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was to set up a time that both parties could work with. Then when we did connect it was not at the time that was agreed on. Second interview was very casual, we meet for lunch and talked about what the job was all about. The third interview was more professional. Left there feeling very good about the company

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a conflict with another associate?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

talk to recruiter on the phone followed by in person interview with the office manager and one other person this was then followed by an offer a background check (no drug test) and a start date

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HUB International.

Interview

Called by the officer who ran the bdt. HE found my linkedin profile. @ weeks later had an interview at the office I would be working at. Pretty easy interview that consisted of me going around the office interviewing with people who worked there. After the interview he called me 2 weeks later and said I got the job.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Interview

Process took quite a bit of time. A few weeks. Before even getting the interview they sent me a excel file and some work for me to do. Which I thought was odd.

They repeated several times that they were a decentralized company. I was sceptical at first because they are an insurance company and contacted me threw Linkedin. I do not want to sell insurance in the least bit, but the job I was considered for was basically a data entry role. The place seemed like an okay place to work. Had a fun environment

I meet with 5 individuals who mostly explained the job to me. The last person was the main boss and I think I did not impress her and thats why I did not recieve an offer. She mentioned that they had a candidate that, in her opinoin had much better excel skills than me and I am pretty sure thats who they went with.

Overall it was a good experience. I received some interviewing practice which never is a bad thing. I never recieved an offer, and asked for some feedback from the hiring manager. I do not think I would have accepted an offer anyways. The location was too far for me to travel every day and the position, I feel, was lower than what I am worth and not in the career path I want.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty basic.

What can you offer Hub International?
      What do you know about Hub?
      Some of your Strengths?
      Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at HUB International (San Juan, PR) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviews were very behavioural. The usual "tell me about yourself", "walk me through your resume", past experiences, etc. Recruiter was very friendly and the interview was conducted over the phone. Second interview was also a phone interview but with a team member. Again very behavioural. Trying to see wether or not you're a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about past finance experiences. This internship was following my freshman year, so I did not have much experience. It was a little complicated, but with prior preparation I was ready.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Excellent interview process - Hub is more of an informational inteview style. (I still suggest researching the compnay and people prior to attending any interview). I went through quite a few interviews (5 or more, via phone and in person), but the satff is extremely nice and very warm.

In the end, I didn't WOW the big boss and this was the one person who counted - I do feel this was the unfair part of the selection process. However, the rest of the staff and hiring team was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions - all related to the job description.   Answer Question

Loss Control Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HUB International (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Standard Phone Interview with a Loss Control Consultant from the Chicago office, they call you and talk for about and hour then send an email weeks later.You have no idea wheat the next step is because they seem to be very disorganized for an insurance company. When you try to follow up they ignore you.

Interview Questions

• None, the interview was rather boring, interviewer has no personality and was calling from a cell phone with much background noise. You get the feeling that they are not interested in talking to you, but rather at you.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HUB International (Westmont, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and 1-2 in person interviews with 6 current employees.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HUB International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by five different people and two separate times.