HUB International

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

talk to recruiter on the phone followed by in person interview with the office manager and one other person this was then followed by an offer a background check (no drug test) and a start date

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HUB International.

Called by the officer who ran the bdt. HE found my linkedin profile. @ weeks later had an interview at the office I would be working at. Pretty easy interview that consisted of me going around the office interviewing with people who worked there. After the interview he called me 2 weeks later and said I got the job.

Take it or leave it

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Process took quite a bit of time. A few weeks. Before even getting the interview they sent me a excel file and some work for me to do. Which I thought was odd.

They repeated several times that they were a decentralized company. I was sceptical at first because they are an insurance company and contacted me threw Linkedin. I do not want to sell insurance in the least bit, but the job I was considered for was basically a data entry role. The place seemed like an okay place to work. Had a fun environment

I meet with 5 individuals who mostly explained the job to me. The last person was the main boss and I think I did not impress her and thats why I did not recieve an offer. She mentioned that they had a candidate that, in her opinoin had much better excel skills than me and I am pretty sure thats who they went with.

Overall it was a good experience. I received some interviewing practice which never is a bad thing. I never recieved an offer, and asked for some feedback from the hiring manager. I do not think I would have accepted an offer anyways. The location was too far for me to travel every day and the position, I feel, was lower than what I am worth and not in the career path I want.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic.

What can you offer Hub International?
      What do you know about Hub?
      Some of your Strengths?
      Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at HUB International in February 2014.

Interviews were very behavioural. The usual "tell me about yourself", "walk me through your resume", past experiences, etc. Recruiter was very friendly and the interview was conducted over the phone. Second interview was also a phone interview but with a team member. Again very behavioural. Trying to see wether or not you're a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about past finance experiences. This internship was following my freshman year, so I did not have much experience. It was a little complicated, but with prior preparation I was ready.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HUB International.

Excellent interview process - Hub is more of an informational inteview style. (I still suggest researching the compnay and people prior to attending any interview). I went through quite a few interviews (5 or more, via phone and in person), but the satff is extremely nice and very warm.

In the end, I didn't WOW the big boss and this was the one person who counted - I do feel this was the unfair part of the selection process. However, the rest of the staff and hiring team was fantastic.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions - all related to the job description.   Answer Question

Loss Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HUB International in May 2013.

Standard Phone Interview with a Loss Control Consultant from the Chicago office, they call you and talk for about and hour then send an email weeks later.You have no idea wheat the next step is because they seem to be very disorganized for an insurance company. When you try to follow up they ignore you.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview was rather boring, interviewer has no personality and was calling from a cell phone with much background noise. You get the feeling that they are not interested in talking to you, but rather at you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HUB International in February 2013.

Phone interview and 1-2 in person interviews with 6 current employees.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HUB International in September 2012.

Was interviewed by five different people and two separate times.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HUB International in April 2012.

I was contacted by their HR department on Wednesday and told that I would be doing a phone interview the next day with 3 different people. I did the phone interviews the next day and their HR department called me back later that day wanting me to do an in person interview the next day. The next day I interviewed the with ITSM in person & two other people remotely.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take a Win XP test that consisted of about 40 questions. Some of them I was familiar with, some I was not.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HUB International in April 2012.

Emailed initially, then Linkdin, two phone interviews over an hour long, in person interview 4 hours a minimum. Different departments interview you-- never say that you are interested in anyting but sales.