HUD

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Specialist Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HUD in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through USA jobs and I was referred for the job after 4 weeks and I interviewed 6 weeks total from the time I applied. I completed a telephonic interview with a board of 6 people working in my Department. The questions were specifically geared toward Oracle and Seibel operations as well as Project Management and Team collaborative skills. I found out I was hired approximately 1 week later and I was scheduled to begin work 2 months to the day after I applied for the job. The HR Specialist contacted me via email for all the inprocessing details which included a background and Orientation dates. Everything went as scheduled.

Interview Question – Do you have any knowledge of Oracle OBIEE or Seibel database configuration management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

IT Specialist Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HUD in February 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on USA Jobs, wait 3 months or so to hear if you are being referred for an interview.

Interview Question – None - A good resume and experience can get you in the door.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

HUD Intern Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at HUD.

Interview Details – This consisted of an extensive online application process, but there was no interview.

Interview Question – There was not an interview.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HUD in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard and pleasant. They asked standard interview questions relating to my motivation for working at HUD, as well as how I handled myself in previous situations. The people I interviewed with seemed nice and engaging as well.

Interview Question – How would working here fit with your international interests?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Outside field of interest

Construction Coordinator Interview

Construction Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HUD in June 2008.

Interview Details – This was an internal interview process for a position within the company I was currently working for at the time. It was a promotional situation, but was one that was a competitve situational hire. All things about the process went very well.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to fulfill the role of Construction Coordinator?   Answer Question
  • What things can you bring to this position that will benefit this organization?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HUD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HUD interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by HUD employees and interview candidates.