HUD Interview Questions

2.7

Financial Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at HUD.

Interview

Took a long time to get an interview about 4 months. I had actually forgot I had applied there it had taken so long. Once I had an interview it lasted maybe 20 minutes and was very general and I was confident they had already made the decision and this was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Interview really was not very hard. I think they had already made the decision.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HUD (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

Was interviewed at beginning of HUD career in 1988. Did not ever interview again for following positions as was "transferred" into positions at discretion of management. I was already known by the staff that interviewed me in 1988, thus the interview was basically a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation, due to being a government position. Began at a GS-7, Step 1 with an annual salary of approximately $18,000.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HUD (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied through USA jobs and I was referred for the job after 4 weeks and I interviewed 6 weeks total from the time I applied. I completed a telephonic interview with a board of 6 people working in my Department. The questions were specifically geared toward Oracle and Seibel operations as well as Project Management and Team collaborative skills. I found out I was hired approximately 1 week later and I was scheduled to begin work 2 months to the day after I applied for the job. The HR Specialist contacted me via email for all the inprocessing details which included a background and Orientation dates. Everything went as scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge of Oracle OBIEE or Seibel database configuration management?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

HUD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at HUD (Denver, CO).

Interview

This consisted of an extensive online application process, but there was no interview.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HUD (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Apply on USA Jobs, wait 3 months or so to hear if you are being referred for an interview.

Interview Questions

• None - A good resume and experience can get you in the door.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HUD (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was standard and pleasant. They asked standard interview questions relating to my motivation for working at HUD, as well as how I handled myself in previous situations. The people I interviewed with seemed nice and engaging as well.

Interview Questions

• How would working here fit with your international interests?   1 Answer

Outside field of interest

Construction Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HUD in June 2008.

Interview

This was an internal interview process for a position within the company I was currently working for at the time. It was a promotional situation, but was one that was a competitve situational hire. All things about the process went very well.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to fulfill the role of Construction Coordinator?   Answer Question
    • What things can you bring to this position that will benefit this organization?   Answer Question