HVB Group

HVB Group Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at HVB Group

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at HVB Group in November 2010.

I have applied by sending a Resume and a Cover Letter. Then, after three weeks I've received an email setting a phone interview. Fortunately it was with a person from the team i was applying to and not with a HR - the questions were quite basic, nothing really special. after a week I've been invited to an 1:1 interview in Munich. The interview was really well structured, with clear program, which i received some days before. I have been interviewed by 4 couples of guys from the team (1 senior+1 junior each couple) and had a lunch with one director. it was based mostly on technical questions and on many other topics regarding the current economy condition, markets and the data from my CV.

Interview Questions

Structured Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HVB Group in July 2007.

The interview process was mainly about my previous job experiences and my academic qualifications. They tried to understand if I was able to do the job by asking me if I had ever coded a montecarlo simulation, a cash flow etc. And then they asked me what I thought of certain market aspects. They did not test anything I said they just assumed I was able to it because I told them so.

Because I thought that in the end I might not have been able to do what they required. I would have struggled to do that job so I preferred to stay on a safe ground, i.e. keep my current job.