HVB Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
5 Interview Reviews

Interview Experience

Interview Experience

100%
0%
0%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview

50%
25%
25%

Interview Difficulty

3.4
Average

Interview Difficulty

Hard

Average

Easy

Candidate Interview Reviews

Sort: Popular Date Difficulty
  1.  

    InternationalCorporate & Investment Banking Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HVB Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in April 2015.

    Interview

    Erstgespräch per Telefon mit Leiter Fachabteilung. Nach beidseitiger Vorstellung wurden teils sehr schwierige Fachfragen gestellt die ich nicht alle beantworten konnte, darüber hinaus wurden Fragen zur Motivation gestellt. Anschließend gab es eine Interviewrunde mit Fachabteilung und benachbarten Abteilungen. Abschließend wurde ein Assessmentcenter mit Selbstpräsentation, Case Study, Gruppendiskussion und Kundengespräch durchgeführt. Zu- bzw. Absage gabs am Ende des Assessment Centers

    Interview Questions

    • Fachliche Fragen, Fragen bezüglich Motivation, Teamfähigkeit und Kundenumgang   Answer Question
  2.  

    Vorstandsservice Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HVB Group.

    Interview

    Einzelgespräch mit Personalleitung und Personalreferent. Das Gespräch fand in angenehmes Klima statt. Getränke wurden angeboten. Der Austausch fand auf Augenhöhe statt. Da die Bewerbungsfrist noch läuft könnten noch keine genauen Angaben gemacht werden. Eigene Fragen könnten gestellt werden.

    Interview Questions

    • Welche Motivation Kenntnisse über das Unternehmen Eigenes Werdegang Fragen zur Aufgabengebiet Eigene Kenntnisse auf diesem Gebiet Gehaltsvorstellunngen Eigene Fragen könnten gestellt werden   Answer Question
  3.  

    Trainee Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HVB Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in September 2011.

    Interview

    sehr gut absolviertes Praktikum, gefolgt von einer Runde interne Interviews mit der Fachabteilung und HR, Einladung zum Assessment Centre und Mitteilung am selben Tag, ob es klappt oder nicht. Der Assessment Center war hard aber fair.

    Interview Questions

    • Warum sollte man in Banking arbeiten und wie die Zukunft der Branche in 10 Jahren aussehen würde?   Answer Question
  4. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review


  5.  

    Intern Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at HVB Group in November 2010.

    Interview

    I have applied by sending a Resume and a Cover Letter. Then, after three weeks I've received an email setting a phone interview. Fortunately it was with a person from the team i was applying to and not with a HR - the questions were quite basic, nothing really special. after a week I've been invited to an 1:1 interview in Munich. The interview was really well structured, with clear program, which i received some days before. I have been interviewed by 4 couples of guys from the team (1 senior+1 junior each couple) and had a lunch with one director. it was based mostly on technical questions and on many other topics regarding the current economy condition, markets and the data from my CV.

    Interview Questions

  6.  

    Structured Financial Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Declined Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HVB Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2007.

    Interview

    The interview process was mainly about my previous job experiences and my academic qualifications. They tried to understand if I was able to do the job by asking me if I had ever coded a montecarlo simulation, a cash flow etc. And then they asked me what I thought of certain market aspects. They did not test anything I said they just assumed I was able to it because I told them so.

    Reasons for Declining

    Because I thought that in the end I might not have been able to do what they required. I would have struggled to do that job so I preferred to stay on a safe ground, i.e. keep my current job.

Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a resume to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.

The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.

The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.