Haas Automation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Oxnard, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Haas Automation in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through their site and was contacted by their talent acquisition the next day. Received a phone call from the manager discussing the company and products. Received a second phone call three days later to schedule an interview. Went in for the interview, just a one on one with the manager. Received an offer on the spot. Took a drug test, waited about two weeks and received a phone call from HR saying I was clear to start working -- started the following week.

Interview Question – What did they pay you at your last job?

Do you have any questions?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accepted due to circumstance at the time, but if I had to do it again -- I would have negotiated a higher base pay. My fault entirely for not pushing.

PL/SQL Database Developer Interview

PL/SQL Database Developer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Haas Automation in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 12 different people individually. The CIO was dismissive and arrogant. Some of the employees were great and asked intelligent questions but others were not. The atmosphere and culture was not upbeat or inspiring. My overall impression was that it would be a depressing place to work. The number one problem mentioned was finding the right person for the job that would fit in with the Team and culture. I can certainly understand why they have trouble hiring.

Interview Question – What is the ascii code for line feed?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Haas Automation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Met an employee of the company on an airplane and he set me up with an interview. Interview was very informal met with the president and 2 supervisors for dinner. The interview was more them telling me about the company, and the position and responsibility with a few questions about me mixed in. The interview went well and I left the interview very happy.

Before the interview I talked with who would be my direct supervisors over the phone. I explained to him that I had a job offer on the table currently, told him what my current salary was and asked him if he was going to be able to match my current salary. He told me that the salary was in the ballpark of what I am currently making, and that that it was salary plus overtime. With that information in mind I passed on the pending job offer that was 18% more than I currently make. I was emailed a job offer by Haas factory outlet 2 days after the interview and the salary they offered me was 20% less than my currently salary. When I reminded him that before the interview he told me he was going to be able to match my salary, he replied "With the overtime will you be able to match your current salary." I called the president of the company who had given me his card and told me to call with any questions. I received two phone calls back neither of them were from him. I was not interested in talking to anyone else but him and never received a call back from him.

Interview Question – Have you ever been ice fishing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was lied to about compensation before the interview. Being lied to or deceived by a direct supervisor (or potential supervisor) would you have accepted?

SAP Analyst Interview

SAP Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Haas Automation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was great.
asked lot of questions.

Interview Question – finance process   Answer Question

Worked for Haas Automation? Contribute to the Community!