Habitat for Humanity

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Chambersburg, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication: I sent resume and cover letter through USPS. Chair of search committee replied with interview date and time, leaving messages via email and voice mail.

The group did not seem to view the position as significant, as they scheduled a series of candidate interviews in consecutive blocks of 30 minutes each.

Members of the search committee were very pleasant. They stated that they were physically tired from the effort of holding up the organization and recognized a need for changed management style. However, they did not appear ready to professionalize the position.

In fact, they opened the interview with the statement that they were looking for full-time accomplishments on part-time hours.

I was told that I came second. I would have liked the job, but it would have been very low-ball in terms of pay.

Interview Question – What is Toastmasters (the volunteer organization mentioned on my resume)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2008.

Interview Details – I had anounce my retirement from the Habitat affiliate I was currently working for and was immediately approached by the Board Chair and ED of the nieghboring affiliate. We met the following noon over lunch. The questions were very specific and much as to be expected. I had had previouse history with this affilate and know all parties involved very well.

Interview Question – Can You start the day following you retirement?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Habitat for Humanity Executive Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Habitat for Humanity employees and interview candidates.