Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer Coordinator (4)
- ReStore Manager (2)
- Executive Director (2)
- Resource Development Director (1)
- Program Specialist (1)
- Product Development Coordinator (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Controller (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Office Administrative (1)
- Video Editor (1)
- Construction Manager (1)
- Paralegal (1)
- Web Content Editor (1)
- Assistant (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Accounting (1)
- AmeriCorps VISTA (1)
- Assistant Manager (1)
- ETL Developer (1)
- Americorps VISA (1)
- Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver (1)
- Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter (1)
- Specialist- Volunteer Operations (1)
- Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor (1)
- AmeriCorps VISTA ReStore Development Coordinator (1)
- Human Resources and Operations (1)
- Volunteer Builder (1)
Executive Director Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Chambersburg, PA) in October 2009.
Initial communication: I sent resume and cover letter through USPS. Chair of search committee replied with interview date and time, leaving messages via email and voice mail.
The group did not seem to view the position as significant, as they scheduled a series of candidate interviews in consecutive blocks of 30 minutes each.
Members of the search committee were very pleasant. They stated that they were physically tired from the effort of holding up the organization and recognized a need for changed management style. However, they did not appear ready to professionalize the position.
In fact, they opened the interview with the statement that they were looking for full-time accomplishments on part-time hours.
I was told that I came second. I would have liked the job, but it would have been very low-ball in terms of pay.
- What is Toastmasters (the volunteer organization mentioned on my resume) Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Habitat for Humanity
Executive Director InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)) in September 2008.
I had anounce my retirement from the Habitat affiliate I was currently working for and was immediately approached by the Board Chair and ED of the nieghboring affiliate. We met the following noon over lunch. The questions were very specific and much as to be expected. I had had previouse history with this affilate and know all parties involved very well.
- Can You start the day following you retirement? 1 Answer