Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

ReStore Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Questions
    Worked mainly with the Restore director

Video Editor Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Specialist- Volunteer Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2014.

I applied a week ago and received a phone call from the hiring department. She was very nice and wanted to go over a few questions with me. The phone interview was formal with a casual tone. I was asked about my abilities, experience, and what I would be expected to add to the organization. From there we went over my salary expectations, and benefits package. We went over my availability and am expected to hear from them in the next few days about a possible second interview, in person, with the youth departments hiring person.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. Just know what you bring to the table and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Resource Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Money

Web Content Editor Interview

The interview process took a while. I applied for the job online and then didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of months. After that, though, things moved pretty quickly. I interviewed with 5 people, I think -- the communications director, a few editors, and the web developers.

I tried to negotiate, but they said my number wasn't in the budget. For a nonprofit organization, though, they paid a competitive salary.

Coordinator Interview

The interview was brief and in person.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer kept to standard interview questions regarding my competencies and job responsibilities. Nothing our of the ordinary was discussed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2013.

The interview process was through Mature Services. It was comprehensive as to my employment experience, my expectations for employment, and how I would be assisted in future employment opportunities with Mature Services and For Profit organizations.

Interview Questions
    • There were none per se, but I did feel that I would like to stay with the Not For Profit organizational opportunities available. At my age I do not really want to be employed in other venues.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation process, it's pretty cut and dried considering the services they offer for mature workers. I did ask for part-time which they were able to accommodate.

Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2013.

We were invited to the local sponsoring church for breakfast to hear Habitat For Humanity presentation. Rockford community will be building three new homes. Some interesting highlights are it's the 22nd year building homes for community over 100 homes already completed. 85% of them are occupied by the original homebuyer. 7% mortgages have been paid off. 5 homes sold on the open market. 2 more will be paid off in 2014 and 5 foreclosures in 22 years. Average annual income is $30,100.00, average credit score is 626, anticipated mortgage $490.00

Interview Questions
    • Stand up at your table, introduce yourself and describe what talents you will bring to the home site   View Answer