Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

There was a Phone call first that latest about 5 minutes. I was then asked to a face to face meeting with the senior director. The interview was not at all what I expected. I had worked with habitat before as a volunteer and i felt like they were unprepared for me. They asked me very basic questions. Nothing specific to my past experiences or how I could fit this position. I was not impressed.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Habitat for a marketing director position. The human resources rep with whom I spoke was very good. He described the position and was willing to talk about the culture. He asked standard questions for a phone screen style interview, including what I already knew about Habitat for Humanity. Also asked about why I'm thinking of leaving my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my strengths and for an example of where I applied that strength.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

Human Resources and Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, and two group panel interviews. While the interviews were straight forward, I knew at the second interview that I didn't have the job and they were going through the process. I only interviewed with co-workers and the supervisor, and for this position I should have interviewed with the leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at here   1 Answer

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

There were 2 in-person interviews scheduled. One was with the direct supervisor for the position and the other included the HR manager. Both interviewees were very nice and made it the process comfortable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

I had applied via the career services department at my university, where they did the first round of interviewing. The people who made it to the second round were then interviewed by Habitat for Humanity directors at their offices. They were really good at communicating with me before my interview. When I arrived and got settled into the meeting room, everything went smoothly. They're really nice and willing to answer any of your questions.

Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dade City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local job fair. Was given an on the spot interview. The interview was brief and the person interviewing me told me they'd give me a call in a week or so. Two weeks go by and then I'm finally called back and given the first of two interviews. I was asked typical questions about my background and driving record. Told them everything was clean. The person interviewing me seemed impressed and said they'd call me soon about a second interview. Another two weeks go by and I'm called again for the second interview. This time I'm interviewed by a different manager. I'm pretty much asked the same questions all over again. Strangely I'm also asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the job I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about experience that was irrelevant to the said job I had applied for.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

ReStore Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked mainly with the Restore director