Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Conducted completely over phone interviews due to distance. First interview asked questions about my experience and a few personal questions. A few emails asking for more of my portfolio. A second interview was conducted with more leadership members present.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase - stipend position

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in August 2010.

Initial phone screen with HR before brought into the office for interviews. Almost solid 8 hours of interviews (with a break at lunch time) with various staff (potential coworkers, hiring manager, manager's manager). I was an internal candidate so I knew everyone interviewing me, but was put through the same hiring process as external candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How does your degree (BA in English) apply to this position?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2009.

Position posted online, but not on organization website. Submitted resume and references which generated a response via telephone. A brief telephone interview was conducted, followed by reference checks. Face-to-face interview was held a few weeks later. Offer made within a couple of days and was contingent on clean background check.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any questions as being odd, unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    I was given a salary range and offered a beginning salary at the lowest. I di not negotiate.

Construction Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

I had two interviews both with several interviewers asking questions. Members of the board of directors, executive director, and construction committee members were all there.

Interview Questions
    • How would you conduct a days work with 30 volunteers, what would that day look like if your were framing/or painting/or interior work.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, thought for a non profit you would take what they offered. However, if I were to do it again I would negotiate and show them that your skill level will save them money.

Coordinator Interview

The interview was brief and in person.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer kept to standard interview questions regarding my competencies and job responsibilities. Nothing our of the ordinary was discussed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2013.

The interview process was through Mature Services. It was comprehensive as to my employment experience, my expectations for employment, and how I would be assisted in future employment opportunities with Mature Services and For Profit organizations.

Interview Questions
    • There were none per se, but I did feel that I would like to stay with the Not For Profit organizational opportunities available. At my age I do not really want to be employed in other venues.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation process, it's pretty cut and dried considering the services they offer for mature workers. I did ask for part-time which they were able to accommodate.

Americorps VISA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

The interview process was smooth. Because I was on the opposite coast, I scheduled a phone interview. I was first interviewed by the Volunteer Engagement Manager and the Director of Resource Coordination. They were friendly and formal, and they asked numerous questions on my experience and my interest in the position. The next day, I was interviewed by the Director of Community Engagement. She asked numerous questions to asses how well I would fit in her department. That afternoon, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    Americorps VISTA positions do not involve negotiations in the hiring phase. The living allowance is fixed.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Very fast interview process. Written test and two face to face interviews

Resource Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newland, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newland, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2007.

The hiring process was quite long and rather confusing. It consisted of several emails back and forth with the Executive Director, a 1:1 interview with the Executive Director, and a panel interview with members of the Board of Directors. I was also required to attend a board meeting with another candidate, which was rather unusual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous fundraising experience...what percent of grants that you wrote were funded?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2009.

It took about 4-5 weeks for HR to call me after submitting my resume. The interview was one on one with hiring manager. I had to call and send e-mail to ask about further interviewing and was finally informed that I was not being considered. Overall the experience was positive.