Habitat for Humanity

33 candidate interviews

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Product Development Coordinator

Interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview Details – It was a phone interview, very intense. Asked detailed questions about how you work

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and immediately was called and had a phone interview with a member of HR. Basic questions (why do you want this job? what are you doing now?) Was called back days later and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with three different attorneys. I thought the interviews went quite well, and was in the main office for over three hours. I followed up with the HR contact every other week for about a month and a half. Was given cursory responses. After about three months (and me finally just giving up on the job) I was told the company had decided not to hire anyone for the position. I guess business is business but it would have been nice to have been at least given a "thank you for your time and interest."

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working in a Christian based workplace?   Answer Question

Web Content Editor Interview

Web Content Editor

Interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview Details – The interview process took a while. I applied for the job online and then didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of months. After that, though, things moved pretty quickly. I interviewed with 5 people, I think -- the communications director, a few editors, and the web developers.

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but they said my number wasn't in the budget. For a nonprofit organization, though, they paid a competitive salary.

Video Editor Interview

Video Editor

Interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview Details – It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Interview Question – Why work for an non-profit?   Answer Question

Resource Director Interview

Resource Director

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details – Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Reason for Declining – Money

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2008.

Interview Details – I had anounce my retirement from the Habitat affiliate I was currently working for and was immediately approached by the Board Chair and ED of the nieghboring affiliate. We met the following noon over lunch. The questions were very specific and much as to be expected. I had had previouse history with this affilate and know all parties involved very well.

Interview Question – Can You start the day following you retirement?   View Answer

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2012.

Interview Details – easy

Interview Question – how many hours are you able to work a week?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Family Services Coordinator Interview

Family Services Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very simple. First interview was on the phone. Second was face to face. The third is with the whole staff.

Interview Question – What experience do you have when it comes to working with low income families?   Answer Question

I Was A Volunteer and They Offered Me A Position Interview

I Was A Volunteer and They Offered Me A Position
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was there to complete community service as a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity when they realized my skill set and offered me a position. I accepted and began to work with the company on the floor by selling and organizing incoming products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. I was then asked to remain with the company as they would provide an opportunity for a promotion. I'm still waiting for that.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Chambersburg, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication: I sent resume and cover letter through USPS. Chair of search committee replied with interview date and time, leaving messages via email and voice mail.

The group did not seem to view the position as significant, as they scheduled a series of candidate interviews in consecutive blocks of 30 minutes each.

Members of the search committee were very pleasant. They stated that they were physically tired from the effort of holding up the organization and recognized a need for changed management style. However, they did not appear ready to professionalize the position.

In fact, they opened the interview with the statement that they were looking for full-time accomplishments on part-time hours.

I was told that I came second. I would have liked the job, but it would have been very low-ball in terms of pay.

Interview Question – What is Toastmasters (the volunteer organization mentioned on my resume)   Answer Question

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!