Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Product Development Coordinator Interview

It was a phone interview, very intense. Asked detailed questions about how you work

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2012.

Applied online and immediately was called and had a phone interview with a member of HR. Basic questions (why do you want this job? what are you doing now?) Was called back days later and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with three different attorneys. I thought the interviews went quite well, and was in the main office for over three hours. I followed up with the HR contact every other week for about a month and a half. Was given cursory responses. After about three months (and me finally just giving up on the job) I was told the company had decided not to hire anyone for the position. I guess business is business but it would have been nice to have been at least given a "thank you for your time and interest."

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working in a Christian based workplace?   Answer Question

Web Content Editor Interview

The interview process took a while. I applied for the job online and then didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of months. After that, though, things moved pretty quickly. I interviewed with 5 people, I think -- the communications director, a few editors, and the web developers.

I tried to negotiate, but they said my number wasn't in the budget. For a nonprofit organization, though, they paid a competitive salary.

Video Editor Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

job was posted on kijiji, application process to time of call for interview was at least 2 weeks, interviewed before Christmas holidays and wasy noit hired on until early January, was pretty painless after that

Interview Questions
    i did not try to negotiate, in future i would or would recommend you to

Resource Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Money

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2008.

I had anounce my retirement from the Habitat affiliate I was currently working for and was immediately approached by the Board Chair and ED of the nieghboring affiliate. We met the following noon over lunch. The questions were very specific and much as to be expected. I had had previouse history with this affilate and know all parties involved very well.

Interview Questions
    • Can You start the day following you retirement?   View Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2012.

easy

none

Family Services Coordinator Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2009.

Very simple. First interview was on the phone. Second was face to face. The third is with the whole staff.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have when it comes to working with low income families?   Answer Question