Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.6

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview, very intense. Asked detailed questions about how you work

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and immediately was called and had a phone interview with a member of HR. Basic questions (why do you want this job? what are you doing now?) Was called back days later and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with three different attorneys. I thought the interviews went quite well, and was in the main office for over three hours. I followed up with the HR contact every other week for about a month and a half. Was given cursory responses. After about three months (and me finally just giving up on the job) I was told the company had decided not to hire anyone for the position. I guess business is business but it would have been nice to have been at least given a "thank you for your time and interest."

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a Christian based workplace?   Answer Question

Web Content Editor Interview

Interview

The interview process took a while. I applied for the job online and then didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of months. After that, though, things moved pretty quickly. I interviewed with 5 people, I think -- the communications director, a few editors, and the web developers.

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but they said my number wasn't in the budget. For a nonprofit organization, though, they paid a competitive salary.

Video Editor Interview

Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

job was posted on kijiji, application process to time of call for interview was at least 2 weeks, interviewed before Christmas holidays and wasy noit hired on until early January, was pretty painless after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not try to negotiate, in future i would or would recommend you to

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Flint, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process went as follows... Walked in the door. Asked to see the General Manager. Talked with him for about ten minutes. He asked if I was willing to work today. I said yes. I was hired on the spot as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

Volunteer Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Yonkers, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The person I spoke to was in charge of the entire site in Yonkers, NY. He was friendly and very happy to hear that I was interested in volunteering. I was immediately hired after speaking to him on the phone and was invited to come to the workplace as soon as I was free. Not a hard interview in any way, shape, or form.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about us?   1 Answer

Resource Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Money

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none