Habitat for Humanity

33 candidate interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2014.

Interview Details – applying resume by online, 2 times interviews in a week. las result will get in a month. no salary negotiation. if you want to know, you have to ask first

Interview Question – talking about future strategy for NGOs   View Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by members of the Board of Directors. They were more concerned about my experience and did not do a great job of explain the role and job description. Only later was this explained by the fact that the B.O.D. was really not involved in the day to day of the affiliate. As such the affiliate was in disarray but this only became evident after being hired.

Interview Question – There were no questions that caught me off guard or were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was above average for a non-profit.

Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor Interview

Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor
Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2011.

Interview Details – i volunteered there for 7 months prior to employment, I was offered the job based on my work ethic and the love of the mission..Habitat for Humanity hired me , I was elated, then administration hired someone who destroyed the whole atmosphere of a great lace to be involved with.

Interview Question – would I settle for the small pay scale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – resonable

ReStore Manager Interview

ReStore Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details – You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked mainly with the Restore director

Specialist- Volunteer Operations Interview

Specialist- Volunteer Operations

I applied online - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied a week ago and received a phone call from the hiring department. She was very nice and wanted to go over a few questions with me. The phone interview was formal with a casual tone. I was asked about my abilities, experience, and what I would be expected to add to the organization. From there we went over my salary expectations, and benefits package. We went over my availability and am expected to hear from them in the next few days about a possible second interview, in person, with the youth departments hiring person.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions. Just know what you bring to the table and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Video Editor

Interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview Details – It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Interview Question – Why work for an non-profit?   Answer Question

Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter Interview

Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2013.

Interview Details – We were invited to the local sponsoring church for breakfast to hear Habitat For Humanity presentation. Rockford community will be building three new homes. Some interesting highlights are it's the 22nd year building homes for community over 100 homes already completed. 85% of them are occupied by the original homebuyer. 7% mortgages have been paid off. 5 homes sold on the open market. 2 more will be paid off in 2014 and 5 foreclosures in 22 years. Average annual income is $30,100.00, average credit score is 626, anticipated mortgage $490.00

Interview Question – Stand up at your table, introduce yourself and describe what talents you will bring to the home site   View Answer

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Volunteer Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Question – Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Resource Director Interview

Resource Director

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details – Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Reason for Declining – Money

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

AmeriCorps VISTA
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and then phone interview with Volunteer Coordinator. Met with head of department and potential supervisors. It's non-profit culture seemed very relaxed but somewhat disorganized.

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!