Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.5

Volunteer Builder Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Yonkers, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The person I spoke to was in charge of the entire site in Yonkers, NY. He was friendly and very happy to hear that I was interested in volunteering. I was immediately hired after speaking to him on the phone and was invited to come to the workplace as soon as I was free. Not a hard interview in any way, shape, or form.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about us?   1 Answer

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

AmeriCorps VISTA ReStore Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I was contacted for an interview and within a week, I had Skyped with two employees and was offered the position. This was several months after applying though. The Skype interview was casual and more conversational. They were very friendly and the questions were relatively predictable.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects at once?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Tacoma, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy. I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the CFO for the local affiliate. Amazing people. Made the interview really informal and comfortable. They asked me basic questions about my skills with the Microsoft suite especially including excel. They are looking for someone who is willing to learn and were very open about the training. Everyone is ready and available if you should require any assistance on a task.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Habitat for a marketing director position. The human resources rep with whom I spoke was very good. He described the position and was willing to talk about the culture. He asked standard questions for a phone screen style interview, including what I already knew about Habitat for Humanity. Also asked about why I'm thinking of leaving my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my strengths and for an example of where I applied that strength.   Answer Question

Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local job fair. Was given an on the spot interview. The interview was brief and the person interviewing me told me they'd give me a call in a week or so. Two weeks go by and then I'm finally called back and given the first of two interviews. I was asked typical questions about my background and driving record. Told them everything was clean. The person interviewing me seemed impressed and said they'd call me soon about a second interview. Another two weeks go by and I'm called again for the second interview. This time I'm interviewed by a different manager. I'm pretty much asked the same questions all over again. Strangely I'm also asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the job I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about experience that was irrelevant to the said job I had applied for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

I had applied via the career services department at my university, where they did the first round of interviewing. The people who made it to the second round were then interviewed by Habitat for Humanity directors at their offices. They were really good at communicating with me before my interview. When I arrived and got settled into the meeting room, everything went smoothly. They're really nice and willing to answer any of your questions.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

job was posted on kijiji, application process to time of call for interview was at least 2 weeks, interviewed before Christmas holidays and wasy noit hired on until early January, was pretty painless after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not try to negotiate, in future i would or would recommend you to

President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Referred to affiliate by existing board member. No formal process for hiring. Was hired as the original employee at a very low annual salary. Board members were not exactly clear of their goals for the first hire. Because of this was able to develop my own organization

Interview Questions

• None. Lack of clarity on job content was the major obstacle. Had to create my own direction during the interview. This worked since the measurable outcomes did not yet exist.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little or no negotiation! Since I was the first hire, the outcomes were not yet clear and the perfomance benchmarks were non-existant.