Habitat for Humanity

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorain, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2013.

The interview process was through Mature Services. It was comprehensive as to my employment experience, my expectations for employment, and how I would be assisted in future employment opportunities with Mature Services and For Profit organizations.

Interview Questions
    • There were none per se, but I did feel that I would like to stay with the Not For Profit organizational opportunities available. At my age I do not really want to be employed in other venues.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation process, it's pretty cut and dried considering the services they offer for mature workers. I did ask for part-time which they were able to accommodate.

Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2013.

We were invited to the local sponsoring church for breakfast to hear Habitat For Humanity presentation. Rockford community will be building three new homes. Some interesting highlights are it's the 22nd year building homes for community over 100 homes already completed. 85% of them are occupied by the original homebuyer. 7% mortgages have been paid off. 5 homes sold on the open market. 2 more will be paid off in 2014 and 5 foreclosures in 22 years. Average annual income is $30,100.00, average credit score is 626, anticipated mortgage $490.00

Interview Questions
    • Stand up at your table, introduce yourself and describe what talents you will bring to the home site   View Answer

Construction Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

I had two interviews both with several interviewers asking questions. Members of the board of directors, executive director, and construction committee members were all there.

Interview Questions
    • How would you conduct a days work with 30 volunteers, what would that day look like if your were framing/or painting/or interior work.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, thought for a non profit you would take what they offered. However, if I were to do it again I would negotiate and show them that your skill level will save them money.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2013.

Applied online and then phone interview with Volunteer Coordinator. Met with head of department and potential supervisors. It's non-profit culture seemed very relaxed but somewhat disorganized.

Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Conducted completely over phone interviews due to distance. First interview asked questions about my experience and a few personal questions. A few emails asking for more of my portfolio. A second interview was conducted with more leadership members present.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase - stipend position

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2012.

Applied online and immediately was called and had a phone interview with a member of HR. Basic questions (why do you want this job? what are you doing now?) Was called back days later and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with three different attorneys. I thought the interviews went quite well, and was in the main office for over three hours. I followed up with the HR contact every other week for about a month and a half. Was given cursory responses. After about three months (and me finally just giving up on the job) I was told the company had decided not to hire anyone for the position. I guess business is business but it would have been nice to have been at least given a "thank you for your time and interest."

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working in a Christian based workplace?   Answer Question

Americorps VISA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

The interview process was smooth. Because I was on the opposite coast, I scheduled a phone interview. I was first interviewed by the Volunteer Engagement Manager and the Director of Resource Coordination. They were friendly and formal, and they asked numerous questions on my experience and my interest in the position. The next day, I was interviewed by the Director of Community Engagement. She asked numerous questions to asses how well I would fit in her department. That afternoon, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    Americorps VISTA positions do not involve negotiations in the hiring phase. The living allowance is fixed.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2012.

easy

none

Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2011.

i volunteered there for 7 months prior to employment, I was offered the job based on my work ethic and the love of the mission..Habitat for Humanity hired me , I was elated, then administration hired someone who destroyed the whole atmosphere of a great lace to be involved with.

Interview Questions
    • would I settle for the small pay scale?   View Answer
    resonable

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in August 2010.

Initial phone screen with HR before brought into the office for interviews. Almost solid 8 hours of interviews (with a break at lunch time) with various staff (potential coworkers, hiring manager, manager's manager). I was an internal candidate so I knew everyone interviewing me, but was put through the same hiring process as external candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How does your degree (BA in English) apply to this position?   View Answer
    No negotiation