Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2012.

easy

none

ReStore Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2010.

Was contacted by Operations Director for interview. Very pleasant person who conducted an enjoyable interview. Asked me numerous manager and sales related questions. Gave me a facility tour and introduced me to volunteers and the executive director. . Also had other people waiting for interviews in the lobby. The end result was that the monetary offer was far below what I needed to take care of my family and the offer was FIRM. I also felt that he person they were looking for would have no ability to exercise creativity in the job.

Offer was very very low and non-negotiable. Made position as a manager seem like a key holder.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2010.

I met with a group of six different people for about an hour each and had casual behavior based questions. I had lunch with the hiring manager. After the interview it took another couple weeks before the offer was made.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

I Was A Volunteer and They Offered Me A Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2009.

I was there to complete community service as a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity when they realized my skill set and offered me a position. I accepted and began to work with the company on the floor by selling and organizing incoming products.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. I was then asked to remain with the company as they would provide an opportunity for a promotion. I'm still waiting for that.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chambersburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2009.

Initial communication: I sent resume and cover letter through USPS. Chair of search committee replied with interview date and time, leaving messages via email and voice mail.

The group did not seem to view the position as significant, as they scheduled a series of candidate interviews in consecutive blocks of 30 minutes each.

Members of the search committee were very pleasant. They stated that they were physically tired from the effort of holding up the organization and recognized a need for changed management style. However, they did not appear ready to professionalize the position.

In fact, they opened the interview with the statement that they were looking for full-time accomplishments on part-time hours.

I was told that I came second. I would have liked the job, but it would have been very low-ball in terms of pay.

Interview Questions
    • What is Toastmasters (the volunteer organization mentioned on my resume)   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2009.

It took about 4-5 weeks for HR to call me after submitting my resume. The interview was one on one with hiring manager. I had to call and send e-mail to ask about further interviewing and was finally informed that I was not being considered. Overall the experience was positive.

Resource Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newland, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newland, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2007.

The hiring process was quite long and rather confusing. It consisted of several emails back and forth with the Executive Director, a 1:1 interview with the Executive Director, and a panel interview with members of the Board of Directors. I was also required to attend a board meeting with another candidate, which was rather unusual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous fundraising experience...what percent of grants that you wrote were funded?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2014.

applying resume by online, 2 times interviews in a week. las result will get in a month. no salary negotiation. if you want to know, you have to ask first

Interview Questions
    • talking about future strategy for NGOs   View Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Very fast interview process. Written test and two face to face interviews

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajwa Restaurant and marriage Garden (Pakistan)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2008.

I had anounce my retirement from the Habitat affiliate I was currently working for and was immediately approached by the Board Chair and ED of the nieghboring affiliate. We met the following noon over lunch. The questions were very specific and much as to be expected. I had had previouse history with this affilate and know all parties involved very well.

Interview Questions
    • Can You start the day following you retirement?   View Answer