Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

2.6

ReStore Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2010.

Was contacted by Operations Director for interview. Very pleasant person who conducted an enjoyable interview. Asked me numerous manager and sales related questions. Gave me a facility tour and introduced me to volunteers and the executive director. . Also had other people waiting for interviews in the lobby. The end result was that the monetary offer was far below what I needed to take care of my family and the offer was FIRM. I also felt that he person they were looking for would have no ability to exercise creativity in the job.

Offer was very very low and non-negotiable. Made position as a manager seem like a key holder.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2010.

Interviewed by members of the Board of Directors. They were more concerned about my experience and did not do a great job of explain the role and job description. Only later was this explained by the fact that the B.O.D. was really not involved in the day to day of the affiliate. As such the affiliate was in disarray but this only became evident after being hired.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that caught me off guard or were unexpected.   Answer Question
    The salary offered was above average for a non-profit.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chambersburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2009.

Initial communication: I sent resume and cover letter through USPS. Chair of search committee replied with interview date and time, leaving messages via email and voice mail.

The group did not seem to view the position as significant, as they scheduled a series of candidate interviews in consecutive blocks of 30 minutes each.

Members of the search committee were very pleasant. They stated that they were physically tired from the effort of holding up the organization and recognized a need for changed management style. However, they did not appear ready to professionalize the position.

In fact, they opened the interview with the statement that they were looking for full-time accomplishments on part-time hours.

I was told that I came second. I would have liked the job, but it would have been very low-ball in terms of pay.

Interview Questions
    • What is Toastmasters (the volunteer organization mentioned on my resume)   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2009.

It took about 4-5 weeks for HR to call me after submitting my resume. The interview was one on one with hiring manager. I had to call and send e-mail to ask about further interviewing and was finally informed that I was not being considered. Overall the experience was positive.

Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in July 2009.

applied through state job bank, where opening was listed. got a call for an interview, was hired on the spot.

no negotiations

I Was A Volunteer and They Offered Me A Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2009.

I was there to complete community service as a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity when they realized my skill set and offered me a position. I accepted and began to work with the company on the floor by selling and organizing incoming products.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. I was then asked to remain with the company as they would provide an opportunity for a promotion. I'm still waiting for that.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2009.

Position posted online, but not on organization website. Submitted resume and references which generated a response via telephone. A brief telephone interview was conducted, followed by reference checks. Face-to-face interview was held a few weeks later. Offer made within a couple of days and was contingent on clean background check.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any questions as being odd, unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    I was given a salary range and offered a beginning salary at the lowest. I di not negotiate.

Resource Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newland, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newland, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2007.

The hiring process was quite long and rather confusing. It consisted of several emails back and forth with the Executive Director, a 1:1 interview with the Executive Director, and a panel interview with members of the Board of Directors. I was also required to attend a board meeting with another candidate, which was rather unusual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous fundraising experience...what percent of grants that you wrote were funded?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

job was posted on kijiji, application process to time of call for interview was at least 2 weeks, interviewed before Christmas holidays and wasy noit hired on until early January, was pretty painless after that

Interview Questions
    i did not try to negotiate, in future i would or would recommend you to

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2014.

applying resume by online, 2 times interviews in a week. las result will get in a month. no salary negotiation. if you want to know, you have to ask first

Interview Questions
    • talking about future strategy for NGOs   View Answer