Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2015

2.5

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Habitat for Humanity

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and then two in person interviews; one with a panel. The phone interview was very basic and easy. The in person interview was casual and pretty laid back. When I got to the panel interview there was really only one person interviewing me so it wasn't clear why the others needed to sit in.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the company? Why do you want to get involved with Habitat? How do you deal with stressful situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations