Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer Coordinator (4)
- ReStore Manager (2)
- Executive Director (2)
- Resource Development Director (1)
- Program Specialist (1)
- Product Development Coordinator (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Controller (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Office Administrative (1)
- Video Editor (1)
- Construction Manager (1)
- Paralegal (1)
- Web Content Editor (1)
- Assistant (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Accounting (1)
- AmeriCorps VISTA (1)
- Assistant Manager (1)
- ETL Developer (1)
- Americorps VISA (1)
- Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver (1)
- Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter (1)
- Specialist- Volunteer Operations (1)
- Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor (1)
- AmeriCorps VISTA ReStore Development Coordinator (1)
- Human Resources and Operations (1)
- Volunteer Builder (1)
Volunteer Coordinator Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.
Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.
- Why non profit? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Habitat for Humanity
Volunteer Coordinator InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.
I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.
- what do you dislike most about your current job? Answer Question
Volunteer Coordinator InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.
Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.
- Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs. Answer Question
Volunteer Coordinator InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2011.
Phone interview and then two in person interviews; one with a panel. The phone interview was very basic and easy. The in person interview was casual and pretty laid back. When I got to the panel interview there was really only one person interviewing me so it wasn't clear why the others needed to sit in.
- What do you bring to the company? Why do you want to get involved with Habitat? How do you deal with stressful situations? Answer Question