Hackensack University Medical Center

Hackensack University Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through agency, got an email of date and time to go to interview. Met with 2 managers. They told me about the job position excluding salary and it was full time contract. They review my resume and asked questions. They seem very friendly. They walked me to the door. Whole process about 45 minutes. They said they would get back to me in 2 weeks. It been 3 and no response positive or negative. So I called the agency and she said she would get back to me as well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you had a conflict at work.
      2. What is your proudest accomplishment
      3. Describe a time when you where under time constraints with two different tasks to complete.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

met with recruiter; met with nurse manager, both interviewed,
    2 days later got a call from recruiter indicating that i got the job.
    background and drug test the following day.
    physical done
    and then orientations the following month.
    for 2 weeks.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center.

Interview

Recruitment is fine. Generic interview. Panel/peer interview later on. All info on salary and shifts are given to you hired or not. No need to be intimidated. They are unconcerned with you as a person and only concerned with what degree and certs you have.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (South Orange, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

HUMC actually has a partnership with Seton Hall University where it recruits interns for the network and faculty advisers work along with the interns. I was recommended for an interview. The interview was held by a faculty adviser and looked over my coursework, asked several questions based off my resume, and discusses my strengths, weaknesses, and what I hope to learn from this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What is your comfortably with excel? Do you have means of transportation? What do you want to learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Emergency Trauma Department Unit Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied to the hospital through their hiring website. This was near a year long process applying to everything I am qualified for Finally I am being reviewed for a Patient care technician position in the Cardiac step down unit. Two days following my review I was emailed a questionnaire assessment which took about 2 hours to complete containing a load of questions to determine if I qualify for the position. I clearly must have completed the questionnaire well to their expectations as I was called 4-5 more days later for a 1on1 interview with the human resources dpt. During the interview I was asked about my qualifications and asked for my licenses to give to my interviewer. Of course I was one step ahead with copies of them and handed her over the copies (Very important to have CPR/AED license issued by the American Heart Association). I was asked if I had any patient contact experience unfortunately I did not have any experience with patient contact and could not be offered the job. Then the recruiter asked me if I was interested in taking a position in the ER/TRAUMA DPT and gave me 2 part time schedules (Day and Evening)and one full time (during the night). I took the Night option and was given a benefits packet and drug test paperwork to be completed if I am offered the position. The recruiter emailed the Manager at the department and I was to interview at the ER right after departing the office. I arrive to the ER and their is a lot of action going on as I ask the clerk in the front for the manager as I am scheduled to meet with her for an interview she states their is a Code green (patient exposed to Hazardous materials code) and The nurse manager was busy getting everything prepared so I was to wait on the side. I wait for 25 minutes and finally a senior clerk meets with me apologizes for the wait and asks me to follow her to the office I am told I am going to have my peer review first and then my regular interview. I am explained about the job duties and what is expected from me and she was very friendly. (Unfortunately for the Adult ER she transferred to the pediatric ER). So the peer review went well and we were still waiting on the manager so she decided to give me a tour of the ER and so I toured met with most of the doctors and staff for that shift. following the tour the manager is still not ready so they decided to review for the day and if they felt i was qualified they would call me for another interview. Ten minutes following the peer review when I am home I receive an email to to reply as soon as possible for the following interview I reply back and my interview is scheduled for the next day at 9:00Am. I attend the interview and meet with a male supervisor in the same office I was interviewed during the peer review. It was uncomfortable at first but eventually I felt comfortable. He asked me extremely hard questions I did not expect these hard questions since the other two interviews were a piece of cake so I was absolutely caught off guard. A few questions would be 'Where do you see yourself in ten years', 'Why should we hire you' 'What can you provide for us that others cant' about 15 situation questions 'Give us a scenario where you had to calm down a customer at your job', Give a scenario where you had to do something as a team in the workplace' ETC... during the end of the interview he told me if I had any questions I asked two questions "What is the dress code", and "is the position I am being interviewed for a new opening or am I filling a resigned employee position and if resigned why did they leave. after he answered we shook hands as I was leaving he told me good job. The same afternoon at 5:00PM I receive a call from human resources I am now being offered a position in the former cardiac step down unit job I originally applied for and was asked for my background education and was told I will take a fundamental nursing test the next day at 9AM. The following day before my test I receive a call from Human Resources. I am told there was miscommunication in yesterdays phone call and they want to offer me the job for the ER unit clerk position. Full time with benefits, 11Pm-7Am, Every other weekend 17.00 an hour. I accept the offer and am told I must take the drug test before the afternoon because within 72 hours of accepting employment they must have drug test results and it was Friday which meant the lab they use (Quest diagnostics on prospect ave Hackensack) would be closed. I went to the lab gave the urine sample. This was the hiring process minus the orientation Glad to have helped.

Interview Questions

• Give us a scenario where you did not have all the necessary resources in the work place and how did u go about resolving the issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel comfortable negotiating considering this was my first Hospital job.

RN Interview

Interview

Dropped cover letters, resume, submitted applications online. Called HR, went in for interview with HR manager first, then second interview with nurse manager, then went for testing at nursing education, went through background check, credit check, license check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Interview

Interview process very detailed. Experience is crucial

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center in January 2014.

Interview

They are moving from Cerner to EPIC in about 18 months. Their PathNet people are now working on implementing EPIC Beaker, so they need a PathNet expert to backfill all of the daily responsibilities. I have been in contact with them for over two weeks. They are being very slow in their decision making process. My first interview was with the team, and my second interview was with the hiring manager. I thought that both interviews went will but I still have not heard anything back.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from HR 3-4 weeks later. Called 4 days after interview to offer position.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about nursing skills and clinical knowledge which would probably be a little too intense for a nursing assistant who is not in nursing school. Some of it did not seem relevant to the role of nursing assistant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center.

Interview

I started at a Nurse recruiter. It was a positive experience, she worked well with my schedule restrictions due to school. Then you interview with a Floor manager and a peer interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't one.