HackerAgency

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview Details – Quite easy. They asked few easy questions and I answered them well and nailed the interview. I think anyone can crack that interview. I didn't know I was being trapped in this company.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. They were desperate for PM's at the time I was hired. Interview lasted less than 15 minute and I had the job. Nothing difficult or over the top.

Negotiation Details – Simple!

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HackerAgency in November 2013.

Interview Details – I almost didn't apply until I realized that the order of roles at Hacker Group is different than other agencies. The Account Executive has Account Manager responsibilities and vice versa. I applied online and two weeks later was contacted by HR to conduct a phone interview on the spot. It took about five minutes. I was asked what I knew about the job, how I was qualified, and my salary requirements. I would have liked to have had a more in depth phone screen, but the person I was talking to informed me that they didn't know much about the position. A couple weeks later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview with four team members. The interview was okay. Overall, I got the feeling that this was a high stress job with unfriendly coworkers. I also got the impression that people didn't really enjoy working there based on their answers to my followup questions. There were some questions about my experience and why Hacker Group, but a lot of the questions were around conflict resolution and dealing with difficult personalities. I never heard back from them after the interview. I knew this company wasn't a good fit and I'm not upset about not getting an offer. It still would have been nice to hear something, especially since I spent four hours meeting with them.

Interview Question – Each person asked me how I would deal with someone confronting me if a task was completed, but not done they way they would have done it. The amount of time spent discussing this led me to believe that this happens quite often.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HackerAgency in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via email - they saw my application, liked my cover letter, and wanted to know more about my qualifications. They sent me a list of 6 questions related to my industry experience, and wanted me to answer them in 1 paragraph. I believe that was the first "interview". Then I had a phone conversation with a recruiter who wanted more details about my experience. I answered with specific examples using the STAR approach, which I recommend doing. Then I went in for several hours of in-person interviews with several people. This resulted in a phone call within 48 hours expressing their interest in giving me an offer (pending the results of my background check and references). That went quickly and I had an offer the next business day. People at Hacker Group are straightforward and quick thinkers, so be prepared when you interview and answer questions clearly and directly.

Interview Question – I was asked very specific questions about my experience in client and project management, so be prepared to tell concise stories that illustrate your experience/abilities. A few of the unexpected questions I was asked were: "What was the worst job you ever had?" and "What's your opinion on native marketing?" I recommend coming to the interview knowing about Hacker Group's clients, their place in the industry locally/nationally, and also about industry trends relating to the position you're interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked to give my salary requirements within a certain ballbark. They gave me an offer exactly matching my requirement. I didn't bother negotiating any more since in this case, I had other offers and the offer from Hacker was what I was looking for from both a salary standpoint and a job responsibility standpoint.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

Interviewed at HackerAgency

Interview Details – I received an initial phone call saying they were interested. I spent a while on the phone talking and asking questions. They made sure I had time to talk too.

Interview Question – They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Traffic Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HackerAgency in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter, which lead to a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the manager of the operations team. This lead to an in-person interview at the office with two managers and a current employee.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HackerAgency in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the hiring manager and a brief meeting with HR. The hiring manager had me come back to meet with several other people. All of the interviews were pretty generic - explanations of the job and company and having me go over my experience. I never heard back from the company, which I thought was pretty rude (and unprofessional) since I went to the office on two separate occasions for interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HackerAgency in May 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty typical telephone interview. I was speaking with a recruiter who's job is to "weed out" any bad candidates. She seemed rushed for the interview, but the questions were the typical "why should we hire you for this position?" and "What do you believe your strengths are? Weaknesses?" etc.

Just make sure you have a copy of your resume in front of you. The recruiter asked specific questions off of my resume so having it in front of me definitely helped out when she misread something.

Overall, not a bad experience. Not great, but not bad.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you'd be a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Worked for HackerAgency? Contribute to the Community!