HackerAgency Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.9

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the job online, applied and heard back within a week or two, I was then scheduled for a phone screening with a recruiter. The phone call took about a half an hour and he just went over the functionality of the job and the basics to see if I was able to complete the requirements. He then forwarded me on when he was satisfied. Within a few days I received a call and an e-mail from another recruiter scheduling an interview for me. I went in for my interview, it was around 90 minutes. They said they would call me soon and I had an e-mail offer by the time I got home.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset employees while fixing something for them?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Found the position on LinkedIn and sent in a resume and cover letter. After a phone interview with company recruiter, I was scheduled for 6 30-minute interviews with members of the team (all in one afternoon). Turns out, the interviews were with two different groups, for two different positions - neither of them the one that I'd applied for. I was not provided a job description or title, so I was interviewing blind. When provided the opportunity to ask what a typical day would include, I was told by more than one person that I'd be doing a lot of proofing and spreadsheets. One interviewer (manager level) spent our half hour typing on her computer and barely engaged with me. On the positive - I met with two higher level individuals who were engaged in the conversation and personable. Unfortunately, poor time management earlier in the interviews limited my time with them to less than 20 minutes each. I asked each person what our "next steps" are. No one knew. I left after 2+ hours with no hope for a job and no sincere interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had a personality problem with a manager, and what I did about it. Difficult in that I've not had that situation - and she didn't really want to believe me. In the end, I elaborated a mild problem/solution that I'd had just to satisfy her question. To my mind, this question indicates there may be issues with poor managers.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

My resume was submitted through a connection at Hacker and the recruiter got back to me quickly. However, that was the last fast thing about the process. The review dragged out over the holidays and several months into the new year. It did include a call with the primary client contact, which I thought was productive as well as meeting with the president and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult testing scenario and what was gained out of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation space, but the offer was great.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HackerAgency.

Interview

Quite easy. They asked few easy questions and I answered them well and nailed the interview. I think anyone can crack that interview. I didn't know I was being trapped in this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Pretty simple. They were desperate for PM's at the time I was hired. Interview lasted less than 15 minute and I had the job. Nothing difficult or over the top.

Negotiation

Simple!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter. Follow up interview with 3 Project Directors. Took a little while for decision due to vacations. Also was requested I meet with VP at the time. Length of process was about a month, a little too long.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill interview questions about background... experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview lasting 30 minutes with the recruiter. One week later, I was contacted for an onsite interview with the hiring manager, recruiter and senior management. That lasted about 1 hour, Shortly after, I was given a tour of the offices and then a meeting with HR to review/preview benefits, compensation and learn about the history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HackerAgency in November 2013.

Interview

I almost didn't apply until I realized that the order of roles at Hacker Group is different than other agencies. The Account Executive has Account Manager responsibilities and vice versa. I applied online and two weeks later was contacted by HR to conduct a phone interview on the spot. It took about five minutes. I was asked what I knew about the job, how I was qualified, and my salary requirements. I would have liked to have had a more in depth phone screen, but the person I was talking to informed me that they didn't know much about the position. A couple weeks later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview with four team members. The interview was okay. Overall, I got the feeling that this was a high stress job with unfriendly coworkers. I also got the impression that people didn't really enjoy working there based on their answers to my followup questions. There were some questions about my experience and why Hacker Group, but a lot of the questions were around conflict resolution and dealing with difficult personalities. I never heard back from them after the interview. I knew this company wasn't a good fit and I'm not upset about not getting an offer. It still would have been nice to hear something, especially since I spent four hours meeting with them.

Interview Questions

• Each person asked me how I would deal with someone confronting me if a task was completed, but not done they way they would have done it. The amount of time spent discussing this led me to believe that this happens quite often.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HackerAgency (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was via email - they saw my application, liked my cover letter, and wanted to know more about my qualifications. They sent me a list of 6 questions related to my industry experience, and wanted me to answer them in 1 paragraph. I believe that was the first "interview". Then I had a phone conversation with a recruiter who wanted more details about my experience. I answered with specific examples using the STAR approach, which I recommend doing. Then I went in for several hours of in-person interviews with several people. This resulted in a phone call within 48 hours expressing their interest in giving me an offer (pending the results of my background check and references). That went quickly and I had an offer the next business day. People at Hacker Group are straightforward and quick thinkers, so be prepared when you interview and answer questions clearly and directly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very specific questions about my experience in client and project management, so be prepared to tell concise stories that illustrate your experience/abilities. A few of the unexpected questions I was asked were: "What was the worst job you ever had?" and "What's your opinion on native marketing?" I recommend coming to the interview knowing about Hacker Group's clients, their place in the industry locally/nationally, and also about industry trends relating to the position you're interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to give my salary requirements within a certain ballbark. They gave me an offer exactly matching my requirement. I didn't bother negotiating any more since in this case, I had other offers and the offer from Hacker was what I was looking for from both a salary standpoint and a job responsibility standpoint.

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

I received an initial phone call saying they were interested. I spent a while on the phone talking and asking questions. They made sure I had time to talk too.