Hagemeyer North America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hagemeyer North America (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Response time was extremely fast when I initially applied. I heard from the recruiter's assistant within a few hours to set up a time for an initial phone screen. Recruiter and I spoke for close to an hour the following week and he indicated that he wanted to get me in quickly to meet with the hiring manager as they wanted to find the right candidate before the current person left.
    I met with the hiring manager the following week...as far as I could tell the interview was fantastic. Conversation was great, and hiring manager told me at the conclusion that he would touch base with the recruiter to see what the next steps needed to be as far as drug test, background, etc, and they were hoping to have written offer out within a week or two.
    Two weeks passed with no update. I finally reached out to the recruiter to which I received no answer, and then ultimately the hiring manager who informed me that he was sorry for the delay but they had not yet made a decision, and that it would be delayed another 3 weeks.
    3 Weeks came and went...still no update from either party. Trying not to be an overbearing annoyance, I waited until the 4th week to reach out once more. The only response I received was a quick and impersonal: "We already hired someone else."
    I am not upset at not getting an offer. My complete frustration is with the lack of professionalism on both the part of the recruiter (who does this sort of thing for a living) and the hiring manager (who I gave a bit of a break assuming that he didn't know any better). When people take time out of their day or their lives, or in my case, travel 7 hours away for the interview, at least allow them the closure of a rejection letter or something.
    While I do understand that anything can happen within the hiring process to delay a final decision, dragging a response out 2 months beyond the original expectation is unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did not agree with your boss and how the situation was handled.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hagemeyer North America (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Standard fare for a corporation that has no clue. Cliche questions such as "Where do you see yourself in five years?" and "Name a difficult time or situation that you have dealt with?" I was shocked that the regurgitated nonsense is still in use. No discussion of skills or experience and the interviewers had no clue about the position they were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The Negotiation was standard for the position. Original offer, counter offer, agreement then acceptance. The strangest part was dealing with the HR Department and not dealing with prospective direct supervisor until after offer letter was extended. After I accepted the offer, restructuring occurred and when I reported to work, everyone that I interviewed with was no longer with the company. That would have been nice to know before the first day at work. The people that have lasted since the early 2000's have my respect. How they have dealt with the lack of guidance and misguided management is truly miraculous.

Window Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hagemeyer North America.

Interview

One interview just going over knowledge and your career outlook. Very casual interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Store Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Madison, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hagemeyer North America (Fort Madison, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

In the interview process the interviewer was very detailed about the job and the responsibilities with the job. They asked really good questions detailing your work ethic, how you work and interact with other workers and customers. Asked about prior experiences dealing with customers and wanted for instances. The interview was about 30 minutes long and very comfortable during.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was one of the most trying times dealing with a customer?   1 Answer

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hagemeyer North America (Columbus, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Attended few interviews before hiring.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hagemeyer North America (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Site management team, sales manager and account representative brought forth quality company that goes beyond onsite programming. Competitive. MRO operation based upon cutting costs through HNA programming via sales of own network. Opportunity to build upon existing program.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hagemeyer North America (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Completed a detailed job app. Had 2 interviews, and then had to do a drug test before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would be able to overcome my limited industry/product knowledge in order to be successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's little salary negotiation possible for this type of job because their business is such low margin.