Hagemeyer North America

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hagemeyer North America in July 2009.

Interview Details – Completed a detailed job app. Had 2 interviews, and then had to do a drug test before being hired.

Interview Question – Asked how I would be able to overcome my limited industry/product knowledge in order to be successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's little salary negotiation possible for this type of job because their business is such low margin.

Very Easy Interview

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hagemeyer North America.

Interview Details – Standard fare for a corporation that has no clue. Cliche questions such as "Where do you see yourself in five years?" and "Name a difficult time or situation that you have dealt with?" I was shocked that the regurgitated nonsense is still in use. No discussion of skills or experience and the interviewers had no clue about the position they were interviewing for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The Negotiation was standard for the position. Original offer, counter offer, agreement then acceptance. The strangest part was dealing with the HR Department and not dealing with prospective direct supervisor until after offer letter was extended. After I accepted the offer, restructuring occurred and when I reported to work, everyone that I interviewed with was no longer with the company. That would have been nice to know before the first day at work. The people that have lasted since the early 2000's have my respect. How they have dealt with the lack of guidance and misguided management is truly miraculous.

Window Attendant Interview

Window Attendant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hagemeyer North America.

Interview Details – One interview just going over knowledge and your career outlook. Very casual interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Account Representative Interview

Inside Account Representative
Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hagemeyer North America in October 2011.

Interview Details – Attended few interviews before hiring.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with electrical distribution?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hagemeyer North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hagemeyer North America interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hagemeyer North America employees and interview candidates.