Haggen

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Had Many, Management and Nonmanagement Interview

Interviewed at Haggen

Interview Details – 3 interviews prior to hiring. They are very interested in your success in your past. The interview process was not as formal as I expected it to be.

Interview Question – There really was no unexpected questions, they stick to your resume and what you can do to help drive sales for the company. It is a very informal type of interview process.   Answer Question

Seafood Clerk Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Haggen.

Interview Details – Was hired from within. Just needed a short interview with manager of the seafood department.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Haggen in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview. No behavioral questions. We discussed my work and school experience and then discussed the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Question – If an earthquake struck and all the ice cream fell off the shelf, how would you reorganize?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't think I would really enjoy the work environment at the corporate headquarters. It seems that most of the employees are older than 40 and I preferred to find somewhere that had more employees closer to my age group.

Very Easy Interview

PIC Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Haggen.

Interview Details – Very standard. I was discovered on careerbuilder.com and contacted by the store director and offered a chance to come in for an interview the next day. The questions were very standard as my job history and prior experience was covered. The classic "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question came in at the end.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything very challenging asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as its a union job and the rate of pay was set by their contract.

Floral Sales Associate Interview

Shoreline, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Haggen in October 2009.

Interview Details – Showed up in person to ask if the were hiring at the floral desk. Spoke with manager. Went back in to give resume. Manager called back to schedule interview. A one on one was conducted and it went very well and was easy as I was over-qualified and more experienced than manager. She was impressed and pretty much hired me on the spot. Asked to return for group interview with other managers. Was hired and welcomed aboard.

Interview Question – Did I know the P.O.S. system. I did not and had to be trained.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair

Produce Clerk Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Haggen in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied Online, got a call to set up an interview. Was put in a room with the Produce Manager who asked about experience, Why Haggen? How to deal with angry customers? And to sell me a pen?

Interview Questions

Category Manager Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Haggen.

Interview Details – Screening of applicable questions for the position of category manager. Conducted by an HR representative. Questions were very open ended. Follow up to occur with VP if screening is passed.

Interview Question – How are you at saying "NO?"   Answer Question

Perishable Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Haggen.

Interview Details – I have to say this interview was not what I thought it would be. The interaction was just not there. The panel read questions off and did not make an effort to question my responses. It felt as though their minds were already made up prior to the interview taking place.

Interview Question – What would your coworkers say they like least about you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Haggen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Haggen interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Haggen employees and interview candidates.