Haggen

www.haggen.com

Haggen Interview Questions

2.4

Had Many, Management and Nonmanagement Interview

3 interviews prior to hiring. They are very interested in your success in your past. The interview process was not as formal as I expected it to be.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no unexpected questions, they stick to your resume and what you can do to help drive sales for the company. It is a very informal type of interview process.   Answer Question

Seafood Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Haggen.

Was hired from within. Just needed a short interview with manager of the seafood department.

Pic Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Haggen.

Very standard. I was discovered on careerbuilder.com and contacted by the store director and offered a chance to come in for an interview the next day. The questions were very standard as my job history and prior experience was covered. The classic "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question came in at the end.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything very challenging asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as its a union job and the rate of pay was set by their contract.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Haggen in March 2013.

Very laid back interview. No behavioral questions. We discussed my work and school experience and then discussed the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions
    • If an earthquake struck and all the ice cream fell off the shelf, how would you reorganize?   Answer Question

I didn't think I would really enjoy the work environment at the corporate headquarters. It seems that most of the employees are older than 40 and I preferred to find somewhere that had more employees closer to my age group.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Haggen in July 2012.

Got a call early in the morning requesting an interview that day. Got there and the Guest Service Manager took me upstairs into the break room and sat down with her for maybe about 20 minutes. Initial thoughts were that she was an uptight hardass and had no sense of humor. Had me answer some questions, and then asked me if I was willing to get a drug test done that day and I did. I had to go a couple cities over for the test but it is normal. Received another call a couple days later that they would like me to come in Monday morning for an orientation and training and started working the next day. Turns out the Guest Service Manager did in fact have a sense of humor at least.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly does the term 'Customer Service' mean to you?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate much, initial offerings were fair to me being a still in high school kid, it was my first job so I didn't know what to say was fair or not.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Haggen in October 2010.

Applied Online, got a call to set up an interview. Was put in a room with the Produce Manager who asked about experience, Why Haggen? How to deal with angry customers? And to sell me a pen?

Floral Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreline, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreline, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Haggen in October 2009.

Showed up in person to ask if the were hiring at the floral desk. Spoke with manager. Went back in to give resume. Manager called back to schedule interview. A one on one was conducted and it went very well and was easy as I was over-qualified and more experienced than manager. She was impressed and pretty much hired me on the spot. Asked to return for group interview with other managers. Was hired and welcomed aboard.

Interview Questions
    • Did I know the P.O.S. system. I did not and had to be trained.   Answer Question
    Fair

Category Manager Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Haggen.

Screening of applicable questions for the position of category manager. Conducted by an HR representative. Questions were very open ended. Follow up to occur with VP if screening is passed.

Perishable Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Haggen.

I have to say this interview was not what I thought it would be. The interaction was just not there. The panel read questions off and did not make an effort to question my responses. It felt as though their minds were already made up prior to the interview taking place.

Interview Questions
    • What would your coworkers say they like least about you?   Answer Question