Hair Club

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Center Administrator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hair Club.

Interview Details – The job application I don't remember being too hard or long. It takes a long time to get hired. It took me over a month. Hair Club uses a third party hiring service. When I was first contacted I had a quickie phone interview. The next week I spoke with a trainier for my position at another Hair Club. I then met with the manager at the center I applied to. There was one last phone interview with an Area Manager.

Interview Question – They're all basic questions, most of which deal with handling angry clients.   Answer Question

Managing Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hair Club in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was a little more drawn out as I moved across the country for the position and had to fly in for interviews. The interview process is based on and around behavioral type questions and situations. You will need to have clear examples to the questions and situations that are asked about to give the interviewer the ability to determine if you are the right fit for the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry client and how you were able resolve the issue while strengthing your overall relationship with that individual.   Answer Question

Managing Director

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hair Club.

Interview Details – Submit application.

Interview Question – Why do you feel we are the right fit for you!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Membership Advisor Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hair Club in October 2013.

Interview Details – Local manager's interview with me was elementary. The San Diego location's manager has no management experience. Coming from a high school coach and PE background has left him without the skills necessary to conduct a thorough & effective interview. The subsequent phone interviews are simple. The process can be long. The company seems like it could be ok, but the San Diego center is a sinking ship

Interview Question – They are all predictable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Hair Stylist Interview

Hair Stylist

I applied online and interviewed at Hair Club.

Interview Details – Submit a resume at there website
Call the manager at the club you want to work at
Come in for interview by manager and or stylist supervisor
Do a demo on a manikin
Get job

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

Hair Stylist
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hair Club in May 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, I was called by a third-party recruiting company. I had a fairly quick (maybe thirty minutes?) interview with the recruiter. A week later I had an interview with the manager of the center, and had to complete a written techincal test. After that, another week past when I had an itnerview with a regional manager. A week after that I had a phone interview with a techincal advisor for the company. I then went into the center for a technical test. I was given two manniquin heads and photos to replicate haircuts. I also had to do highlights on one of the heads. This took about 3-4 hours. Overall, the ENTIRE interview process took a little over a month.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty basic: how you'd deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate because my center is small, but if you have a good solid work history and are applying to a large center you can get much more.

Sales Consultant Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hair Club in April 2012.

Interview Details – It's mostly done via phone. Although its a lengthy process it is very detailed.

Interview Question – How would you handle an objection   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Asked to sign a non compete and I refuse to do that

Sales Consultant Interview

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hair Club in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for Sales Consultant position with company on LinkedIn. I was called by recruiter and she said they had specific interest in me because of my experience in direct patient sales and would I be interested in scheduling a face to face. I interviewed with that particular location's manager and was proceeded to the next step; an interview with himself and a regional sales manager. I did not do as well in that interview, and to be quite honest was not prepared. I was employed and had a very busy week. The interview included situational questions.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Club in February 2008.

Interview Details – Manager called me and made an appointment for me to come in. She talked about my background and what we had in common. Then asked me a few questions. I asked about the company. I really wanted to see what went on but she never showed me. She reminded me of Patty from Millionaire Matchmaker with the exception she had on sheepskin furry lined crocs with a skirt

Interview Question – How would you handle someone upset with their hair transplant?   View Answer

Managing Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hair Club.

Interview Details – Fairly long interviewing process. After submitting resume, you are first contacted by the recruiter based at the corporate office in Florida. After a brief phone interview, you are contacted by the regional VP or manager depending on the position for which you're applying. Next, is an in person interview, a criminal and credit background check. After that, sever phone interviews with various regional sales and technical managers. Lastly, a calliper and/or DiSC personality profile.

Interview Question – Many behaviaoral based, not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a great bonus plan for managers, room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hair Club

Worked for Hair Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hair Club interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hair Club employees and interview candidates.