Hair Cuttery Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hair Cuttery.

First you are interviewed by phone. Asking what are your strong skills what are your weak skills. Do you want to move up in the company etc. Then you get another interview by the store management where you will be working. Then you have to do a full foil, haircut, blowout, man's cut. Then they call you In a couple of days. Then they train you there way and send you to WOW classes to help you sale for the Haircuttery.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? You cant say for the money that is frowned upon It cant be for the money you don't make a lot.   View Answer
    If you don't mind feeling like your back in Beauty School or making very little money and always walking on egg shells working crazy hours the go for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laurel Springs, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel Springs, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in January 2010.

Formal interview, many questions ask. Technical interview as well on both a man and woman to assess skill level

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in April 2010.

Technical interview followed by a short behavior interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in November 2010.

Phone interview and interview with salon leader is the first step. Next a second interview that included the technical testing for the position. Three haircuts will be reviewed and checked (a long layered, a non-elevated bob, and a clipper cut) Like in hair school a stylist must show proficiency in foils, color/relaxer application, and basic cuts.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you worked well as a team.   Answer Question

Manager/Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in April 2010.

1 phone interview, 2 in person. Very thorough, detailed explaination of the work duties, 3 day training (not paid)

Interview Questions
    I held out for a little more money up front, and a little less in commissions, so that I couold manage effectively.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in June 2011.

One interview, included a practical on a head I had to provide and then a sit down with a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in January 2012.

I had an interview in which I was asked a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how I was quailfied. I was asked back for a technical interview where I had to demonstrate a few things skills some that were on the state board test including a relaxer retouch application, hair lightener application, foils, color refresh, bob cut, and clipper cut.

Interview Questions
    I was told what was being offered. I did not negotiate.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in October 2010.

I walked into a salon and asked for an application. The next day I was called for an interview. i went in for my interview and did my technical. I was hired 3 days later.

Salon Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in July 2009.

This is a good company with a good reputation. The company was fairly organized. The interviewer was nice and polite. It was an easy interview. The interview was informative. I learned alot about the company. However the interviewer did not know how much the position paid.

Stylist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in July 2011.

I applied online and I got a call from the regional recruiter. We had a brief phone interview. She said the manager at the store I applied for would be calling me soon. The manager called me a few days later to set up an interview. I went to the interview where the manager said she liked my personality. She scheduled a day for me to come in and do a technical interview. The technical interview consisted of doing a number of haircuts, demonstrating how to do foils, and showing proper color application on a mannequin. I was offered the job immediately after the technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything, as far as hair is concerned, that you aren't as comfortable with doing?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hair Cuttery

Worked for Hair Cuttery? Contribute to the Community!