Hair Cuttery Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hair Cuttery

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Ocala, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview which was very easy and she got me set up for my technical interview which consisted of a mens cut taking off at least and inch, clippers on the side, hair cut on the top, as well as a womens layer cut, taking off at least 2 inches. I did both, the lady checked them and they were both even. The manager of the location I went to was very rude, as were the people who worked there as well. I was barely spoken to the whole time I was there besides the lady telling me someone will be in touch, and walked away. I waited 4-5 days before I was contacted and she told me that I was not accepted for the position and hung up, I tried to call back and ask her why so I could pay attention to it in the future and she did not answer and I left her a voicemail to return my call and 2 weeks later, still no call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Winter Park, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It took about a week. It was a back and forth to set up the phone interview. We finally agreed on a time. Then the interviewer didn't call me. So I emailed her to make sure the time I had was correct, she blamed the phone number saying it was wrong (it wasn't) she obviously forgot and tried to cover her tracks, and we recheduled for later the same day. She was nice and basically just had me ask questions. I had clearly stated on my application the hours I could work, but they wouldn't work for the location so it didn't go any further.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a regional corporate recruiter that set up a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was very basic, asking about my experiences and vanilla life questions. She also explained to me pay and answered any questions I had. She was very nice and helpful and was "there as support for new applicants during the process". I was scheduled for an interview at my local Hair Cuttery and was given an option to either bring two models or a mannequin head. I just relocated and didn't have models so I purchased a head. I spent nearly 100 bucks on supplies for the technical. The technical consists of a layered cut, 4 quadrant chemical test on color retouch virgin application weave highlights and slice highlights as well as a men's cut. It is timed but my manager said they weren't going to time it and they weren't going to watch. I was not given the opportunity to finish as the manager was hungry, so they cut me short on chemical and my final men's cut. They sat me down for a formal interview and asked more about experience and they explained what kind of stylist they were looking for and salon specifics. Everything seemed on track and I felt confident with how they were communicating with me. They said I would get a call the next day. They never called and avoided my attempts at communication there onward. The process took 4 hours and cost $100 in supplies. Would've been nice to receive a formal no along with an explanation.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Middletown, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Tedious, and tons of questions, but theyre very thorough which is a good thing. But they take forever. Dragged my interview progress out over a month and a half, kept me hanging. Didnt feel valued.

Interview Questions

• Management skills, how you would handle work related situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online questionnaire . And I did a phone interview with the regional hiring director, who was very nice. I later did a technical interview with the manager and assistant manager. They were really nice and put me at ease. I was hired right away and put on the schedule.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery in November 2014.

Interview

I was first called by a recruiter who set up a technical interview. I demonstrated a male amd female haircut and color techniques. I was not the only person interviewing, it felt rather akward. They sat down with us individually for about ten minutes after the technical and asked very basic questions about availability and goals.

Anonymous Employee in Deltona, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Deltona, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First a brief phone interview then a technical exam in salon. Phobe interview told me what to expect for technical. She also tried to set it up based on my schedual. After a back and fourth we settled on a schedual.

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

First you are interviewed by phone. Asking what are your strong skills what are your weak skills. Do you want to move up in the company etc. Then you get another interview by the store management where you will be working. Then you have to do a full foil, haircut, blowout, man's cut. Then they call you In a couple of days. Then they train you there way and send you to WOW classes to help you sale for the Haircuttery.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? You cant say for the money that is frowned upon It cant be for the money you don't make a lot.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you don't mind feeling like your back in Beauty School or making very little money and always walking on egg shells working crazy hours the go for it.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Portage, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

After Touching base with a recruiter I set up a technical interview. We were required to bring a male and female model. Had to demo mens cut, womens cut and dry and mock color and foil application. Manager didn't hover through the process, just checked for consistency at the end. At the end of the Technical there was a short one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Libertyville, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

You are supposed to have an interview, a technical etc. I walked in they asked my availability and I was hired without knowing anything about my actual work. No one seemed to actually care about the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one