Hair Cuttery

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hair Cuttery

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in November 2014.

I was first called by a recruiter who set up a technical interview. I demonstrated a male amd female haircut and color techniques. I was not the only person interviewing, it felt rather akward. They sat down with us individually for about ten minutes after the technical and asked very basic questions about availability and goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Hair Cuttery.

First you are interviewed by phone. Asking what are your strong skills what are your weak skills. Do you want to move up in the company etc. Then you get another interview by the store management where you will be working. Then you have to do a full foil, haircut, blowout, man's cut. Then they call you In a couple of days. Then they train you there way and send you to WOW classes to help you sale for the Haircuttery.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? You cant say for the money that is frowned upon It cant be for the money you don't make a lot.   View Answer
    If you don't mind feeling like your back in Beauty School or making very little money and always walking on egg shells working crazy hours the go for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in January 2012.

I had an interview in which I was asked a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how I was quailfied. I was asked back for a technical interview where I had to demonstrate a few things skills some that were on the state board test including a relaxer retouch application, hair lightener application, foils, color refresh, bob cut, and clipper cut.

Interview Questions
    I was told what was being offered. I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in June 2011.

One interview, included a practical on a head I had to provide and then a sit down with a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in November 2010.

Phone interview and interview with salon leader is the first step. Next a second interview that included the technical testing for the position. Three haircuts will be reviewed and checked (a long layered, a non-elevated bob, and a clipper cut) Like in hair school a stylist must show proficiency in foils, color/relaxer application, and basic cuts.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you worked well as a team.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in October 2010.

I walked into a salon and asked for an application. The next day I was called for an interview. i went in for my interview and did my technical. I was hired 3 days later.

Manager/Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in April 2010.

1 phone interview, 2 in person. Very thorough, detailed explaination of the work duties, 3 day training (not paid)

Interview Questions
    I held out for a little more money up front, and a little less in commissions, so that I couold manage effectively.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in April 2010.

Technical interview followed by a short behavior interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel Springs, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel Springs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in January 2010.

Formal interview, many questions ask. Technical interview as well on both a man and woman to assess skill level

No negotiation

Salon Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hair Cuttery in July 2009.

This is a good company with a good reputation. The company was fairly organized. The interviewer was nice and polite. It was an easy interview. The interview was informative. I learned alot about the company. However the interviewer did not know how much the position paid.