Hair Cuttery

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Laurel Springs, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in January 2010.

Interview Details – Formal interview, many questions ask. Technical interview as well on both a man and woman to assess skill level

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in April 2010.

Interview Details – Technical interview followed by a short behavior interview

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and interview with salon leader is the first step. Next a second interview that included the technical testing for the position. Three haircuts will be reviewed and checked (a long layered, a non-elevated bob, and a clipper cut) Like in hair school a stylist must show proficiency in foils, color/relaxer application, and basic cuts.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that you worked well as a team.   Answer Question

Manager/Stylist Interview

Manager/Stylist
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 2 in person. Very thorough, detailed explaination of the work duties, 3 day training (not paid)

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 10 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I held out for a little more money up front, and a little less in commissions, so that I couold manage effectively.

Romeoville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in June 2011.

Interview Details – One interview, included a practical on a head I had to provide and then a sit down with a manager.

Interview Question – What do you want to get from working for our company?   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview in which I was asked a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how I was quailfied. I was asked back for a technical interview where I had to demonstrate a few things skills some that were on the state board test including a relaxer retouch application, hair lightener application, foils, color refresh, bob cut, and clipper cut.

Interview Question – What was a time you took a risk?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told what was being offered. I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Fort Myers, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in October 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into a salon and asked for an application. The next day I was called for an interview. i went in for my interview and did my technical. I was hired 3 days later.

Interview Question – How would you handle an upset client?   Answer Question

Salon Manager Interview

Salon Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in July 2009.

Interview Details – This is a good company with a good reputation. The company was fairly organized. The interviewer was nice and polite. It was an easy interview. The interview was informative. I learned alot about the company. However the interviewer did not know how much the position paid.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Stylist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call from the regional recruiter. We had a brief phone interview. She said the manager at the store I applied for would be calling me soon. The manager called me a few days later to set up an interview. I went to the interview where the manager said she liked my personality. She scheduled a day for me to come in and do a technical interview. The technical interview consisted of doing a number of haircuts, demonstrating how to do foils, and showing proper color application on a mannequin. I was offered the job immediately after the technical interview.

Interview Questions

Stylist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hair Cuttery in September 2009.

Interview Details – met in a bar she told me to come to salon i did next day hired

Worked for Hair Cuttery? Contribute to the Community!